stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

GOOD MONDAY MORNING!

Donna Phelan here, thrilled to be Hosting the Mix It Up Monday Challenge!!!

Winter has hit us hard in New England, we had snow again overnight!  Apparently Mother Nature does not know it is MARCH!  I am dreaming about getting back to my beach walking and beach combing!  We did take a little trip to Aruba in January, but after all this snow and so many blizzards that just seems like a lifetime ago!

This week's Challenge is for you to create something Beach Worthy.  The sea, sand or surf.  Something that makes you want to sit on the warm sand and dip your toes in the cool water.  Something that puts you in a tropical mood.

Here is my creation:

Base card stock is Pure Luxury Turquoise Sea, Peach layer is by American Crafts.  The white layer is water colored paper, using craft paint in 2 colors, teal and peach, I flicked paint all over it using an old toothbrush, one of my favorite techniques.  I stamped the shells onto water color paper and colored them with water colored pencils.  Then each one was fussy cut out and adhered to a thin piece of chipboard, so when they were placed on the card it would have a little bit of depth.  Stamped my sentiment in Tempting Turquoise ink, colored a few adhesive pearls with a Copic Marker and added 4 'randomly' tossed teal sequins.  I also added a wee bit of sparkle by dabbing some Stickles on a few of the shells.

By The Sea 2 and Gifts From The Sea stamp sets used. 

Now, for the small print:

Be sure to have your project uploaded to the Gallery using the tag STV15MON9, no later than Sunday, March 8th 2015, 8 p.m. Central Time.

Click HERE to see the Gallery and entries for this Challenge!

Let's fill the Gallery with Tropical Paradises, I know I need that!

Thanks for playing along!

Tags: STV15MON9, bythesea2, giftsfromthesea, gkd

Views: 796

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good one!!  What an awesome creation too Donna!  Love the background you created too!  Thanks for hosting for us this week!

What a fabulous card and challenge Donna! Love all the shells, the flicked paint and the sparkle ! Have a Blessed day sweet pea! XO~

This is a gorgeous example and such a fun challenge, too.  I love the way you did your background with the paint spatter.  Definitely a desire for beach time inspiring card.

Beautiful card Donna! Very challenging challenge, not sure I have any beachy stamps from GKD. Will have to study my sets, lol. Well, off to bed, this challenge shall have to wait til this afternoon! Happy stamping E1!

Gorgeous card!

GORgeous Donna!!  What a fun challenge too!!

Stunning card! Love your background and the shells :)

Great card Donna and what a fun challenge!

Incredible card Donna!!!  Great challenge idea!!

Wow, is that ever an awesome card, Donna. Would make a great stamped image. I thought you did some serious masking :)  And love the background. Congratulations on hosting :*

Beautiful card and wonderful challenge! Thanks for hosting this weeks challenge..... :)

Well, "shell" I say this is a great challenge? Can't wait to play - and I adore your card!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service