stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Welcome to the new forum for you to ask any question, both for Gina and Cast and Crew! 

The Member's Sharing Thread is a place for members to ask for help, share ideas and discuss current trends in papercrafting.

If you have questions regarding orders, you can contact customer service directly at info@ginakdesigns.com. You can also join the Gina K. Designs- StampTV Fan club for another option for sharing, stamping related questions and making new friends.

StampTV Fan Club on Facebook

(you may see the old 'Ask the Mods', Ask the Community' and 'suggestion box' posts will be disappearing over the next few days!  )

Views: 25079

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

General question - I make a card, colors look great. Take a picture with Ipad, load it to the gallery and when I view it online, colors look terrible or off. Does this happen to anyone else and do you know a solution? I always try to take the pics in natural light or under my Ott light. Thanks for any suggestions. Seems the Designers pics always look so great!

Thanks, Rebecca, I saw that too....too bad to have missed out on some new "holiday" stamps.  Thanks for the response.
Rebecca said:

Gayle, I think Gina posted on the Facebook site that the next mini release is sometime middle of February and a main release end of February :)

Thank you so much Kathleen, it's such an honor when it happens!  xoxo

Kathleen said:

I just received my copy of Card Makers magazine and Donna Phelan, a long time member of GinaK. has three cards published. She used Melanie's Stampers Favorites stamp set. Her cards are lovely, check them out on page 30 

It is going to be so fun to see the best of our group let us in on their secret way of getting photos. One that I have loved is a free photo editor called paint.net (http://paintnet.eu/). Easy download, easy to get photos in and I usually just adjust with Adjustments>Curves> then save. I usually save under 200KB. Loads fast and plenty of pix for internet.

Before

After

Diana Scott said:

General question - I make a card, colors look great. Take a picture with Ipad, load it to the gallery and when I view it online, colors look terrible or off. Does this happen to anyone else and do you know a solution? I always try to take the pics in natural light or under my Ott light. Thanks for any suggestions. Seems the Designers pics always look so great!

Judy, I think Cat said it will begin in February.

judy mathena said:

I read this some where, but forgot where. Is there going to be a new year challenge again? And if so when did it start? Or going to start up. I've read the Yearly one, that's up, but it's for last year, so I'm not sure if they're going to be one or not. So if someone, could let me know, I'd appreciate it very much.

Gayle, did you see the Unity stamps from Gina? Some of them are Valentine themed and they are in her store too.

Gayle Chrvala said:

Thanks, Rebecca, I saw that too....too bad to have missed out on some new "holiday" stamps.  Thanks for the response.
Rebecca said:

Gayle, I think Gina posted on the Facebook site that the next mini release is sometime middle of February and a main release end of February :)

Hi Diana, I'm not sure what is going on with your pictures, If you are using natural light and  ott light I would think it would work... I use 3 ott lights and I am using a Cannon camera. But I have seen great pictures taken with iPad and phones, so I'm not sure what is happening! Maybe add another light, even if it is a regular lamp. Maybe even google pictures with a iPad, I know something will come up that can answer your question!  :) Next time I take photos, I will try with my iPad!  :) Maybe others will know!  <3  Have a good day sweetie!  :) 

Diana Scott said:

Diana, does it look fine in your photos, but then only look bad once your upload it? I have that problem sometimes and I think it is because the gallery loads a "smaller" sized file without the detail needed.

BUT, if you are unhappy how it looks on your ipad before uploaded, play around with the brightness and color settings in the editing area. Or look for a photo editing app for the iPad.

Another tip I heard before is not to mix natural and artificial lights when you are taking a photo, it can make the colors skew. Hope that helps.

Diana Scott said:

Ok, I couldn't get it to load how I wanted, but the darker photo is the first one I took.  So if I add a third light I could get the light to the back side of my card and it would be even more lighter. 

Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator said:

Hi Diana, So I pulled out my iPad and took two pictures. The first is with one ott light the second picture has 2 ott lights used!

there is No editing on this first picture!    On the second one 2 lights and cropped some of the background so the focus is on the card!  :)  Also at times I get down to eye level with the card. But not always, depending on the card, the lighting, and the angle of the card. So the only editing I did on the second one was to crop it and add another light!  :)  I hope this helps!  <3    

Thanks everyone! Big difference in your pictures, Karen. Will keep playing with it. I try to take at eye level and I always crop. Maybe I just need more light.

I would like to place an order, but I'm unsure about the mystery freebie.  Has anyone received it yet?  How do I know that I don't already have this set?  Help, please!

Gabi, I am with you. For the same reason, I am NOT placing an order. I am scare and afraid to already own the stamp set. Thank you for your comment. Enjoy your weekend.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service