stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Welcome to the new forum for you to ask any question, both for Gina and Cast and Crew! 

The Member's Sharing Thread is a place for members to ask for help, share ideas and discuss current trends in papercrafting.

If you have questions regarding orders, you can contact customer service directly at info@ginakdesigns.com. You can also join the Gina K. Designs- StampTV Fan club for another option for sharing, stamping related questions and making new friends.

StampTV Fan Club on Facebook

(you may see the old 'Ask the Mods', Ask the Community' and 'suggestion box' posts will be disappearing over the next few days!  )

Views: 25079

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a neat blog post I just saw by Jessica Frost-Ballas using Gina K products.  http://www.allthesparkle.com/2017sclbh2/

I thought you might enjoy seeing this post.

I just bought the Holiday Season stamp set. Does anyone know if there is a die that you can use to cut out the circle? Also, is there a way to search for cards made using this set? I would really appreciate any help. I'm new to this stamptv forum.

Mary

HI Mary,

Go to the mixed gallery and in the search box type in holidayseason without spaces.  This will bring up all the cards that people posted using this the tag hoidayseason.  I got 20 results when I did it.

Mary Craig said:

I just bought the Holiday Season stamp set. Does anyone know if there is a die that you can use to cut out the circle? Also, is there a way to search for cards made using this set? I would really appreciate any help. I'm new to this stamptv forum.

Mary

In addition to what Debrah said, try sparklingchristmas as that was the name of the kit this stamp was part of.  There are 74 hits with that name and it might include the stamp set with ideas you are interested in.

Debrah Warner said:

HI Mary,

Go to the mixed gallery and in the search box type in holidayseason without spaces.  This will bring up all the cards that people posted using this the tag hoidayseason.  I got 20 results when I did it.

Mary Craig said:

Mary

Mary, you can use just plain or stitched circle dies, just make it slightly larger and you can use a die to cut out the inside of the circle and layer under it. If you look in the GK Gallery there are over 300 cards, and I'm sure there is a video Gina did on this kit. And Welcome! You will love it here!
Sneak peeks tomorrow?
New to this forum. I am researching paper cutters and would like to know what everyone recommends. I have a Fiskars blade type trimmer and am wondering if a guillotine type works better. And if so what brand?

HI Peggy, 

I actually have 3 Fiskars trimmers!!!  I have the small blade one, I have a similar one but it has a rotary blade and is a little bigger and then I have the guillotine.  I actually use them all.  I like the guillotine for cutting card bases but it isn't necessary if you are looking to save some money.  I got all three at Michaels using a 50% off coupon.  I bought the guillotine, originally $90, with coupon $45 and I had a $50 gift card.  That was sweet.  

Peggy Olson said:

New to this forum. I am researching paper cutters and would like to know what everyone recommends. I have a Fiskars blade type trimmer and am wondering if a guillotine type works better. And if so what brand?

Hey Peggy!  Welcome to STV!  I am like Debrah above...I have 3 different ones and they all serve certain purposes.  I started with a super simple one, just a single blade, little orange piece you would replace when its dull.  I still have that and use it for when I want to cut out like a certain area, or to make little slits.  I also have the guillotine and mine is by Tonic Studios .  I use the 12" x `12"  one.  And then I have a small guillotine that has Tim Holtz's name on it and use it for cutting different size layers.  Hope this all helps and doesnt confuse you!  LOL! 
Peggy Olson said:

Hi all, I have a quick question, I have the bold and blooming stamp tv set and have opened up the dies that came with the set for the first time today, a question is there cloud dies as I have none in my set, just I was busy cutting some dies out and when it came to the clouds there are none, just want to clarify first before I contact gina's store via email.  Thanks all :)

No cloud dies in the set.  I know, I did the same thing.  I stamped a bunch of clouds, then discovered there were no dies for them.  Not really a problem, there were just so many dies in the set I assumed there were ones for the clouds, as well. Love this kit!

Ahh thank you Retta for clarifying :) Yep I agree the kit is great and is so very versatile. :)

Retta Rae said:

No cloud dies in the set.  I know, I did the same thing.  I stamped a bunch of clouds, then discovered there were no dies for them.  Not really a problem, there were just so many dies in the set I assumed there were ones for the clouds, as well. Love this kit!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service