stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Welcome to the new forum for you to ask any question, both for Gina and Cast and Crew! 

The Member's Sharing Thread is a place for members to ask for help, share ideas and discuss current trends in papercrafting.

If you have questions regarding orders, you can contact customer service directly at info@ginakdesigns.com. You can also join the Gina K. Designs- StampTV Fan club for another option for sharing, stamping related questions and making new friends.


StampTV Fan Club on Facebook

(you may see the old 'Ask the Mods', Ask the Community' and 'suggestion box' posts will be disappearing over the next few days!  )

Views: 23427

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I send a lot of birthday and thinking of you cards, so I add my challenge cards to my stash. I made some Christmas cards during some of the challenges, so those went to my stash as well.

Melissa Kompkoff said:

Hey all.  What do you do with all your cards from your challenges?  I have no local entity that I can  locate that could use them.  I have many different themes of cards.  I will send them just need to know where.  I have one more place I am checking into on Monday locally but if they say no thank you then I am done trying to find a place here.

Hi Melissa:  Believe it or not, I actually use all my cards most of the time. One or two I give away for others to use, and some I am occasionally lucky enough to sell, particularly when I was still running my B & B. I have a lot of friends around the world and I love to remember birthdays - so everyone gets a card. At Christmas I make and send about 100 cards and receive almost as many in return. I used to make all the office (hubby) cards whether it be a thank you, sympathy or birthday and I did all my husbands client birthdays as well. Now he is retired that will stop as the purchasers of his block of business are not interested in doing it. As a member of a yacht club my function was secretary and this particular club loved to send out b'day and when necessary sympathy cards so I did all those as well. The club paid for postage and for a few supplies if I asked. Recently I found a website blog where the blogger was asking for cards to be donated and I sent a bunch to them last year. Of course, now I can't find the blog and I've spent 15 minutes looking at my bookmarks to see if I saved it there without success. That said I then put in a search and here are some links that I found: http://cardcareconnection.com/    http://diycraftsmom.com/23-charities-love-handmade-crafts/   http://createtodonate.org/handmade-cards-for-charity-cardz-for-kidz/   http://planetpalsblog.blogspot.ca/2015/10/what-to-do-with-surplus-g.... These are all different with some good ideas for donating. Hope this is helpful. 

hugs,

Melissa Kompkoff said:

Hey all.  What do you do with all your cards from your challenges?  I have no local entity that I can  locate that could use them.  I have many different themes of cards.  I will send them just need to know where.  I have one more place I am checking into on Monday locally but if they say no thank you then I am done trying to find a place here.


I donate to a children's home near my home.  They like specific ones: birthday, hello, thanks, and blank.  I used to send cards for a group I belonged to, which included sympathy, new baby, get well, congratulations.  I did see that Jennifer McGuire has donation ideas sometimes and right now is a Christmas card drive for nursing homes.  Maybe see if there is a children's home or children's center that would like some of your cards, or a nursing home.


Melissa Kompkoff said:

Hey all.  What do you do with all your cards from your challenges?  I have no local entity that I can  locate that could use them.  I have many different themes of cards.  I will send them just need to know where.  I have one more place I am checking into on Monday locally but if they say no thank you then I am done trying to find a place here.

I just added a tag to the challenge but the discussion was closed. I thought it was open  until 8 o'clock CST?

If it was a scene with a matching card - it is there Verna. I just commented on it. Also I noticed something new when I went to add the comment - it had one of those I'm not a robot thingys. Maybe the reason it appeared closed is cos, a change was being made to the site.

Verna Angerhofer said:

I just added a tag to the challenge but the discussion was closed. I thought it was open  until 8 o'clock CST?

Verna, try again. I just added a couple of words to mine and it took it.

Verna Angerhofer said:

I just added a tag to the challenge but the discussion was closed. I thought it was open  until 8 o'clock CST?


Glad to hear it was there. I never heard of the robot thingy before. I sure hope that is not the case from now on
Johanna Rundell said:

If it was a scene with a matching card - it is there Verna. I just commented on it. Also I noticed something new when I went to add the comment - it had one of those I'm not a robot thingys. Maybe the reason it appeared closed is cos, a change was being made to the site.

Verna Angerhofer said:

I just added a tag to the challenge but the discussion was closed. I thought it was open  until 8 o'clock CST?

Thank you dear.  I will check out these links.  I will also talk to an assisted living home here that may want them.  

Melissa

Johanna Rundell said:

Hi Melissa:  Believe it or not, I actually use all my cards most of the time. One or two I give away for others to use, and some I am occasionally lucky enough to sell, particularly when I was still running my B & B. I have a lot of friends around the world and I love to remember birthdays - so everyone gets a card. At Christmas I make and send about 100 cards and receive almost as many in return. I used to make all the office (hubby) cards whether it be a thank you, sympathy or birthday and I did all my husbands client birthdays as well. Now he is retired that will stop as the purchasers of his block of business are not interested in doing it. As a member of a yacht club my function was secretary and this particular club loved to send out b'day and when necessary sympathy cards so I did all those as well. The club paid for postage and for a few supplies if I asked. Recently I found a website blog where the blogger was asking for cards to be donated and I sent a bunch to them last year. Of course, now I can't find the blog and I've spent 15 minutes looking at my bookmarks to see if I saved it there without success. That said I then put in a search and here are some links that I found: http://cardcareconnection.com/    http://diycraftsmom.com/23-charities-love-handmade-crafts/   http://createtodonate.org/handmade-cards-for-charity-cardz-for-kidz/   http://planetpalsblog.blogspot.ca/2015/10/what-to-do-with-surplus-g.... These are all different with some good ideas for donating. Hope this is helpful. 

hugs,

Melissa Kompkoff said:

Hey all.  What do you do with all your cards from your challenges?  I have no local entity that I can  locate that could use them.  I have many different themes of cards.  I will send them just need to know where.  I have one more place I am checking into on Monday locally but if they say no thank you then I am done trying to find a place here.

Thank you so much your reply got me thinking about a few places I didn't consider before.

Melissa 

lovinpaper said:


I donate to a children's home near my home.  They like specific ones: birthday, hello, thanks, and blank.  I used to send cards for a group I belonged to, which included sympathy, new baby, get well, congratulations.  I did see that Jennifer McGuire has donation ideas sometimes and right now is a Christmas card drive for nursing homes.  Maybe see if there is a children's home or children's center that would like some of your cards, or a nursing home.


Melissa Kompkoff said:

Hey all.  What do you do with all your cards from your challenges?  I have no local entity that I can  locate that could use them.  I have many different themes of cards.  I will send them just need to know where.  I have one more place I am checking into on Monday locally but if they say no thank you then I am done trying to find a place here.

Melissa,
I donate to the children’s hospital,the local senior center and the local assisted living center.
Also to wounded warrior project.
They are all happy to receive them. Make sure they all have envelopes and if you can swing it add a stamp
On the envelopes. That helps especially at the assisted living center.
There are also ideas at cardmaker they have ideas in every one of there magazines,
Hope this helps.


I try to make challenge cards that I'll use to send to friends or family.  So most of mine tend to be on the cute side because I can always sent a thinking of you card to my grandchildren.  My friends and family receive cards from me for most holidays.  and if I really do not like it and have had it a while I deconstruct and save what I can for another project.  I don't add an inside greeting until I'm ready to send.  


Melissa Kompkoff said:

Hey all.  What do you do with all your cards from your challenges?  I have no local entity that I can  locate that could use them.  I have many different themes of cards.  I will send them just need to know where.  I have one more place I am checking into on Monday locally but if they say no thank you then I am done trying to find a place here.

Last year Scrap & Stamp Arts quit publication so I ordered Cardmaker instead. Now yesterday the letter arrived that they are quitting Cardmaker too and I will be instead getting Country Sampler to fulfill my subscription. I am so disappointed as sometimes I like to sit and read my magazine while in the doctor's waiting room or when I am stumped for ideas. Anyone else hear about this as well? It seems there are no card making craft magazines left anymore that one can hold in one's hands. I am not sure this is progress.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

    

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service