stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Welcome to the new forum for you to ask any question, both for Gina and Cast and Crew! 

The Member's Sharing Thread is a place for members to ask for help, share ideas and discuss current trends in papercrafting.

If you have questions regarding orders, you can contact customer service directly at info@ginakdesigns.com. You can also join the Gina K. Designs- StampTV Fan club for another option for sharing, stamping related questions and making new friends.

StampTV Fan Club on Facebook

(you may see the old 'Ask the Mods', Ask the Community' and 'suggestion box' posts will be disappearing over the next few days!  )

Views: 25079

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I have lost and found several clear stamps that stuck to other things. (Several months later, I guess the moral is to use yoru stuff more! Lol) Glad you found your die!

lovinpaper said:

Have you ever lost a die, looked everywhere, had your family looking, pulling out magnets trying to attract that little piece of metal?---Last December I misplaced the very small snowflake die from the current kit.  We never located that die, so I gave up.  Today, I pulled out a stamp set that I put away with my Christmas sets, last December.  The die was stuck to the word stamps.  I barely used that set, so I was pulling it out to try with a challenge.  I was so excited to find that die!  It never occurred to me that it would manage to get stuck to a stamp set.  So, if you have lost a die, don't give up.  We even searched through the trash, 2 or 3 times.

Well, lovinpaper, yesterday when you commented on my card where I mentioned I’d lost my die, you suggested I use my MISTI magnet to search. I put it between a pair of tweezers to give me a little handle, went through my recycle box again with no luck. Then I went through my craft tote very carefully, and after finding a couple of paperclips, the magnet finally clung to a piece of cardstock. I moved them and lo and behold that’s where my die was hiding. I’d been through the tote before, but didn’t think it was where the die could have landed. I didn’t hear it hit the floor, so I knew it had to be some place funky. I also found a clear stamp on the bottom of a shoe once, so you never know where those wayward dies and stamps will be hiding. 

lovinpaper said:

Have you ever lost a die, looked everywhere, had your family looking, pulling out magnets trying to attract that little piece of metal?---Last December I misplaced the very small snowflake die from the current kit.  We never located that die, so I gave up.  Today, I pulled out a stamp set that I put away with my Christmas sets, last December.  The die was stuck to the word stamps.  I barely used that set, so I was pulling it out to try with a challenge.  I was so excited to find that die!  It never occurred to me that it would manage to get stuck to a stamp set.  So, if you have lost a die, don't give up.  We even searched through the trash, 2 or 3 times.

So glad you found it Judy. A great idea to use magnets to try to locate a lost one Lisa. I shall keep that in mind if I ever loose one although on my new floor I may get really lucky and actually be able to see something I drop. Previous flooring was a 100 years old, dark, and very rough with age so finding anything that dropped was always a challenge.

Another great magnet to use is the newest Sizzix roller tool as it has a very strong magnet on the bottom of the handle.

Your new floor sounds wonderful, Johanna.  Old dark wood with rough edges can hide many things.  Hopefully you won't lose things on the new floor.

So glad you found your die, Judy.  I agree with you Heidi.  We need to keep using our things and hopefully we will not misplace them or lose them.  Thanks for sharing your stories.

Johanna Rundell said:

So glad you found it Judy. A great idea to use magnets to try to locate a lost one Lisa. I shall keep that in mind if I ever loose one although on my new floor I may get really lucky and actually be able to see something I drop. Previous flooring was a 100 years old, dark, and very rough with age so finding anything that dropped was always a challenge.

Recommendation for a pencil sharpener to my SN pencils? I know Gina recommended one, but can't find the video! Thanks!

Sentimental Summer Colored Pencils and Gamsol

That is the name of the video.  I am not able to link from this device.  The description is full of Gina's links and the sharpener is the second in the list.

Diana Scott said:

Recommendation for a pencil sharpener to my SN pencils? I know Gina recommended one, but can't find the video! Thanks!
Thanks Lisa - I was looking further back!

lovinpaper said:

Sentimental Summer Colored Pencils and Gamsol

That is the name of the video.  I am not able to link from this device.  The description is full of Gina's links and the sharpener is the second in the list.

Diana Scott said:

Not sure if I'm supposed to link to one on amazon, but I have a manual one that I'm loving!  It will sharpen it into different points or angles, depending on what you set a dial at, and I leave it on the shortest point (for the wood part) as I head there is less breakage that way, so far it seems to be working!!  LOVE it and hope to get a 2nd one for backup one of these days.  :-)))  It's called   "Kutsuwa STAD T'GAAL Angle Adjustable Pencil Sharpener"   on Amazon, so if you go put that into the search bar, you should find it.  They have a few different colors of them...although sadly not my favorite (purple). 

The one Gina uses is electric which would be kinda nice too, but having limited funds, and wanting something I can easily travel with (as IF we go anywhere  *roll eyes* ...but you know...JUST IN CASE!  LOL) I wanted a manual one, so thats what I went looking for.

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

dapperdoxie said:

Not sure if I'm supposed to link to one on amazon, but I have a manual one that I'm loving!  It will sharpen it into different points or angles, depending on what you set a dial at, and I leave it on the shortest point (for the wood part) as I head there is less breakage that way, so far it seems to be working!!  LOVE it and hope to get a 2nd one for backup one of these days.  :-)))  It's called   "Kutsuwa STAD T'GAAL Angle Adjustable Pencil Sharpener"   on Amazon, so if you go put that into the search bar, you should find it.  They have a few different colors of them...although sadly not my favorite (purple). 

The one Gina uses is electric which would be kinda nice too, but having limited funds, and wanting something I can easily travel with (as IF we go anywhere  *roll eyes* ...but you know...JUST IN CASE!  LOL) I wanted a manual one, so thats what I went looking for.

Not sure if this is the right place to do this,if not,delete....my sweet husband got me the set of prismacolor pencils,so I would like to sell my 5 sets of Spectrum Noir pencils . If anyone is interested,let me know . There are 120 pencils in their original cases and slightly used. Make me an offer!

Hi Charlene,

How do you like the Prismacolor pencils? and how do they compare to the SN pencils.  I only have the Derwent pencils, but I see many are using the Prismacolor.  I was curious to see if it is worth investing in the Prismacolor pencils too.

Charlene Baker said:

Not sure if this is the right place to do this,if not,delete....my sweet husband got me the set of prismacolor pencils,so I would like to sell my 5 sets of Spectrum Noir pencils . If anyone is interested,let me know . There are 120 pencils in their original cases and slightly used. Make me an offer!
I have a small set of the Derwnt pencils and like them. You might try buying a few individual pencils and see how you like the prismacolor ones. They seem to be smoother,but it is what you get to used to. I had enjoyed the SN pencils,but don't need 2 sets.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service