stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Happy 2018!!

The Member's Sharing Thread is a place for members to ask for help, share ideas and discuss current trends in papercrafting.

If you have questions regarding orders, you can contact customer service directly at info@ginakdesigns.com. You can also join the Gina K. Designs- StampTV Fan club for another option for sharing, stamping related questions and making new friends.

StampTV Fan Club on Facebook

Views: 7936

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I too fell in love with the templates, but I'm also watching my budget.  So I got creative and made my own make shift template.  Just the 4" x 4".  It isn't perfect but it will suffice until I can purchase the templates from Gina.  I've made a couple cards already and love it.  Hopefully I will be able to get the money next month.  I also have been wanting to get the rose gold embossing powder.  That is my favorite gold color.  My wish list keeps getting longer and longer. LOL.

Judy Inukai said:

I like your approach Diana. I’m trying to use some of my older sets. Right now I’m getting reacquainted with some of the early Stately Flower sets. I’ll try to get some of the cards posted soon. I still want to do an envelope for this month’s challenge and hope to get a card made for the release challenge.  I hope Gina makes the templates available separately – after yesterday’s blog hop I realized I’ve got a lot of stamps that would work great with it.

Diana Scott said:

I’m trying a new approach this year - to love the new ideas but try to use something I already have - I seem to be overwhelmed with all the stamp sets I have and can’t seem to get my mojo really going again.  I do hope Gina offers the templates by themselves as I have a lot of stamps I could use with them!  I couldn’t resist Alicia’s new set though!  Love the sayings in it also.  Maybe try a new technique, dapperdoxie, or color with pencils rather then markers.  I’m finding just mixing it up is helping!  Hope your health problems get better!  Hugs!

Funny thing Margaret, I made one too but for a different reason. My Misti is the little one and Gina's templates won't fit, so I made one that works for a 3 1/8" piece. What an addictive process. It would be a great way out of a funk or just to get using those little pieces in all the existing stamps we already have. I did get my happy mail yesterday and cut the small template down so it would fit in my Misty and have been creating for hours.

Margaret D said:

I too fell in love with the templates, but I'm also watching my budget.  So I got creative and made my own make shift template.  Just the 4" x 4".  It isn't perfect but it will suffice until I can purchase the templates from Gina.  I've made a couple cards already and love it.  Hopefully I will be able to get the money next month.  I also have been wanting to get the rose gold embossing powder.  That is my favorite gold color.  My wish list keeps getting longer and longer. LOL.

Judy Inukai said:

I like your approach Diana. I’m trying to use some of my older sets. Right now I’m getting reacquainted with some of the early Stately Flower sets. I’ll try to get some of the cards posted soon. I still want to do an envelope for this month’s challenge and hope to get a card made for the release challenge.  I hope Gina makes the templates available separately – after yesterday’s blog hop I realized I’ve got a lot of stamps that would work great with it.

Diana Scott said:

I’m trying a new approach this year - to love the new ideas but try to use something I already have - I seem to be overwhelmed with all the stamp sets I have and can’t seem to get my mojo really going again.  I do hope Gina offers the templates by themselves as I have a lot of stamps I could use with them!  I couldn’t resist Alicia’s new set though!  Love the sayings in it also.  Maybe try a new technique, dapperdoxie, or color with pencils rather then markers.  I’m finding just mixing it up is helping!  Hope your health problems get better!  Hugs!

Oh, and LOVE the towel. Works like a dream and especially with these very small stamps, It is super easy to clean right on the Misty and put away. Here is the first on I did with the small format and some very old stamps: 

Margaret and Bonnie you both are so creative and clever to make your own template. It is nice to have smaller sizes too!  You got some beautiful cards as well. 

Bonnie said:

Funny thing Margaret, I made one too but for a different reason. My Misti is the little one and Gina's templates won't fit, so I made one that works for a 3 1/8" piece. What an addictive process. It would be a great way out of a funk or just to get using those little pieces in all the existing stamps we already have. I did get my happy mail yesterday and cut the small template down so it would fit in my Misty and have been creating for hours.

Margaret D said:

Judy Inukai said:

Diana Scott said:

I actually used this technique in my quilting phase, years ago. Fussy cutting is not limited to card crafting. Trying to cut fabric to fit a perfect piece then sew with 1/4" seam to create an cydiscope effect was crazy. Paper is so much more fun.

Verna Angerhofer said:

Margaret and Bonnie you both are so creative and clever to make your own template. It is nice to have smaller sizes too!  You got some beautiful cards as well. 

Bonnie said:

Margaret D said:

Judy Inukai said:

Diana Scott said:

I am sure using cloth is much harder. It tends to move around a lot. My Mom did quilts and I never did. I helped her now and then but she did all the sewing. I hate sewing so never do it unless absolutely have to. But I will make a paper quilt. LOL

Verna, I’m with you - if it can’t be glued, forget it!  

Verna Angerhofer said:

I am sure using cloth is much harder. It tends to move around a lot. My Mom did quilts and I never did. I helped her now and then but she did all the sewing. I hate sewing so never do it unless absolutely have to. But I will make a paper quilt. LOL

I hate sewing too - my mom was a professional seamstress and a very good one, but none of her daughters wanted to sew much to her disappointment. I much prefer card crafting and occasionally baking something special.

Has Gina stopped providing the stamp inserts found on the freebies page? (I print them out to go in my inventory binder of the stamp sets I have.) It helps me to identify which stamp goes with a stamp set because I have my stamps organized by type/theme in the stamp mini-binders. I went online tonight to download and print the inserts for the Hearts & Flowers STV kit - You Have My Heart and Tropical Blooms, but they weren't there. Is it too soon? 

No, they stopped awhile back.  Several have asked, and were told Gina was to busy to get them done.  Maybe some day,  I miss them also.  Just take a copy of the stamp set now and use that.  Or print a page from the store that shows the set.  

Tracy Palmer said:

Has Gina stopped providing the stamp inserts found on the freebies page? (I print them out to go in my inventory binder of the stamp sets I have.) It helps me to identify which stamp goes with a stamp set because I have my stamps organized by type/theme in the stamp mini-binders. I went online tonight to download and print the inserts for the Hearts & Flowers STV kit - You Have My Heart and Tropical Blooms, but they weren't there. Is it too soon? 

I just purchased a couple of used stamp sets. Two of which have no information as to what the name of the set is.

I managed to find the one name and designer however have not been able to find the other. I think it is called spring blooms,

It has numerous sentiments with three single flower stamps they are lovely. One being a rose, a tulip and an iris.

Any thoughts any one?

Hi Jane, I went through my stamps and found Spring Florals which is line art and one of the 4 greetings is Easter Blessings  and I found stamp set Garden Silouettes which are solid images and with 6 greetings.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service