stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Happy 2018!!

The Member's Sharing Thread is a place for members to ask for help, share ideas and discuss current trends in papercrafting.

If you have questions regarding orders, you can contact customer service directly at info@ginakdesigns.com. You can also join the Gina K. Designs- StampTV Fan club for another option for sharing, stamping related questions and making new friends.

StampTV Fan Club on Facebook

Views: 825

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK so I’m going to throw in a little humor into the laminator story. I read on FB – it may have been the Stamp Junkies Group -  that someone had bought a Minc at Tuesday Morning for $18.00. I told my husband I was going to Tuesday Morning to look for a Minc. I came back empty handed. A few days later he wanted something from the grocery store, which just happens to be next to another Tuesday Morning. He said, “While I’m in the store, you can go into Tuesday Morning to look for your Minc coat. I again came out empty handed saying, “Well, they had one, but I didn’t want to pay that much for it. I can just go to Walmart and get an inexpensive laminator. The problem is I really don’t have a place to plug it in anyway so it’s no biggie.” My DH had a rather puzzled look on his face and said, “What does a laminator have to do with getting a mink coat?” I was laughing so hard I nearly wrecked the car.

I know this doesn’t help your plight Melissa. I have some foils that were part of our swag bag at the Christmas in the Village event in 2016 and I have the sheets that were part of a couple of the kits. I didn't have a lot of luck during the foiling class, After hearing your story and Lisa’s story, I think I’ll just admire everyone else’s foiling and save my money for a mink coat.

Too funny!!!

Judy Inukai said:

OK so I’m going to throw in a little humor into the laminator story. I read on FB – it may have been the Stamp Junkies Group -  that someone had bought a Minc at Tuesday Morning for $18.00. I told my husband I was going to Tuesday Morning to look for a Minc. I came back empty handed. A few days later he wanted something from the grocery store, which just happens to be next to another Tuesday Morning. He said, “While I’m in the store, you can go into Tuesday Morning to look for your Minc coat. I again came out empty handed saying, “Well, they had one, but I didn’t want to pay that much for it. I can just go to Walmart and get an inexpensive laminator. The problem is I really don’t have a place to plug it in anyway so it’s no biggie.” My DH had a rather puzzled look on his face and said, “What does a laminator have to do with getting a mink coat?” I was laughing so hard I nearly wrecked the car.

I know this doesn’t help your plight Melissa. I have some foils that were part of our swag bag at the Christmas in the Village event in 2016 and I have the sheets that were part of a couple of the kits. I didn't have a lot of luck during the foiling class, After hearing your story and Lisa’s story, I think I’ll just admire everyone else’s foiling and save my money for a mink coat.

I am convinced it is my machine (second one) but like I said I refuse to buy a minc at the prices I keep finding them.  Maybe I will do some digging for online sales.  In Alaska the stores don't honor the contingent USA sales.  Shipping is a pill to AK which I don't understand as I mail a letter for the same price as everyone else in America and get free shipping from some companies and not others.  OK I am done with my rant.  Decisions, decisions; either give away the supplies or invest in a minc....ACK!!!!

I do like the idea of saving for a mink coat though, except I never wear a coat, even in winter here.

Lisa Babitz said:

I, too, had a regular laminator and tried everything with terrible results.  I finally gave in and purchased a mini minc (because I already had purchased so much foil, pre-printed toner sheets, and a laser printer for this technique) and I now have no trouble.  Not sure why the laminators work for some/most, but it did not work for me.  It was quite frustrating for me to have to purchase a second machine, but I had stupidly invested in a ton of foiling product before realizing it didn't work so well with my first machine.   

Melissa Kompkoff said:

Ok I am about to give up on the foiling!  Seriously.  I have gotten it to work once and even then it was that enough foiling happened that I barely approved giving the card away.  I posted success once after getting the laminator that Gina uses and gave the link to.  But since have wasted so much product that I wish I would just give it all away.  I use deco foil and the line here. so it isn't bad product.  I used toner sheets and the pre printed ones here so again I fail to believe it is bad product.  I let my fellowes laminator heat up for over half an hour today with pathetic results by my standards.  I have shimmed and placed the foil the right way and wrong way.  If I am foiling it needs to not have any black spots left.  I hear so very few others having the time of their lives with it either.  I am so frustrated.  If we HAVE to buy the minc laminator then just say so but I have purchased several laminators and watched WAY TOO MANY videos to be doing something wrong.  Plus I am just too cheap to buy the minc, honestly.  I could but won't.  Someone just let me know , If it is a hit and miss success rate I will gift my supplies elsewhere and not do this technique.  I make money with my cards and can't afford to do hit and miss techniques.  I am not angry but I am super frustrated with foiling and just want a straight answer on this method.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service