stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Happy 2018!!

The Member's Sharing Thread is a place for members to ask for help, share ideas and discuss current trends in papercrafting.

If you have questions regarding orders, you can contact customer service directly at info@ginakdesigns.com. You can also join the Gina K. Designs- StampTV Fan club for another option for sharing, stamping related questions and making new friends.

StampTV Fan Club on Facebook

Views: 12335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I always try to get through September done by spring anyway, because when summer gets here I'm more busy with helping my Mom can and all (since she is getting older)...but if I keep at it I may be totally done for the year by spring!  :-))  I just have 5...maybe 6 more cards to do and I will be.  Then...if I have play time, I guess I'll do some for my box of cards we have for "sometime" and...if I fill that up, not sure what I'll do.  LOL  I'm sure I'll think of something.  Probably should send some just because cards out for a change to Aunts and Uncles...but will see how things go I guess. There are some things I actually do better with a time crunch...but making cards isn't usually one of them.  Sometimes it takes me several days of piddling around on a card to totally complete it, depending on what is going on in my life and what the card is like, so prefer to get them done way ahead of time, least for the ones I KNOW I need.

Gayle Chrvala said:

I, too, have problems finding this thread at times too.  I guess since only 3 threads show on the main page at one time we will have to "bump" it up when it disappears.  My blacks are in different shades, too.  I like the more vivid black better and try not to mix them up.  Glad you mojo is back and WOW you have cards completed for the year!  I'm so much a last minute person....I might work better under pressure.    So happy you found the thread, too.

Can you use oxide inks directly on clear stamps? I don’t believe I have seen that done. All I see is blending.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I saw that they work good for stamping with too...better than the regular distress inks.  Shouldn't hurt the stamps!

Thank you. I am anxious to try all the cool ideas.

dapperdoxie said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure I saw that they work good for stamping with too...better than the regular distress inks.  Shouldn't hurt the stamps!

I use mine for stamping all the time. These inks are really great and they stay wet for a minute so you can even heat emboss with them. As I'm not a good sponger these inks work really well for me as they are more forgiving and dry smoother. I love them and have bought each set as they have been released. 

Sue keating said:

Can you use oxide inks directly on clear stamps? I don’t believe I have seen that done. All I see is blending.

Oxide inks are great for stamping, even with your cheap stamps.  They are a really good all-around ink, stamping, sponging, blending, techniques, they kindof do it all.

I also stamp with regular distress inks, however, the oxides stamp better.

For those not on FB, lots of chatter on the mini kit release this Thursday, 22nd.  No sneak peeks yet.  I haven’t seen anything on STV yet so mark your calendars for the 22nd! 

Thanks for the update. I actually am on fb, but these posts haven’t shown up on my feed yet.  

Diana Scott said:

For those not on FB, lots of chatter on the mini kit release this Thursday, 22nd.  No sneak peeks yet.  I haven’t seen anything on STV yet so mark your calendars for the 22nd! 

I love that wreath builder mini kit and also the new embossing powder but until the kit is back in stock I am out of luck. In general I don't get in on the act until a few weeks after a release, once I've had time to think about it a bit. The one time I want it immediately it has sold out. Will someone let me know when it is available again please?

I just ordered the bundle. I had most of the other supplies on hand. So sorry you missed out. I was late in ordering too as our internet was acting up due to the weather but I did get it in finally this morning.

I figured these would go fast this time...sadly I couldn't afford them so will have to wait a while.  Wouldn't be getting the kit, just the bundle, so if the kit retires before I can afford it it will be ok.  Just wish I could get both of them NOW!  LOL  I'm trying to save for the next big kit though, and if it's going to be in March, I couldn't afford to spend the money I have saved for this instead and then get it paid back by the time the kit came out...so I'm stuck not getting this...even though it's so tempting.  *sigh*  Hate being broke all the time...but have been dealing with some health issues the last year or so and thats taking to much of our money...so I try to just count my blessings when I have any money for toys...but this time it's killing me with all the cool cards I've seen!  LOL

I know what you mean - in the past I've also had lots of money troubles so I can understand how you feel. I think it is so sad that in your country health issues mean financial worries and really feel for you. Things do have a way of working out though and one day you will be in a position where you can afford a bit more. 

dapperdoxie said:

I figured these would go fast this time...sadly I couldn't afford them so will have to wait a while.  Wouldn't be getting the kit, just the bundle, so if the kit retires before I can afford it it will be ok.  Just wish I could get both of them NOW!  LOL  I'm trying to save for the next big kit though, and if it's going to be in March, I couldn't afford to spend the money I have saved for this instead and then get it paid back by the time the kit came out...so I'm stuck not getting this...even though it's so tempting.  *sigh*  Hate being broke all the time...but have been dealing with some health issues the last year or so and thats taking to much of our money...so I try to just count my blessings when I have any money for toys...but this time it's killing me with all the cool cards I've seen!  LOL

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service