stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Happy 2018!!

The Member's Sharing Thread is a place for members to ask for help, share ideas and discuss current trends in papercrafting.

If you have questions regarding orders, you can contact customer service directly at info@ginakdesigns.com. You can also join the Gina K. Designs- StampTV Fan club for another option for sharing, stamping related questions and making new friends.

StampTV Fan Club on Facebook

Views: 12318

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any word on the new stamp release?  I tried to ask on Facebook, but I couldn't get it to let me leave a question.  I know Melanie said she had another faith set coming out with the next release.  I am anxious for that!

Melanie posted that the next release is July 5.

Retta Rae said:

Any word on the new stamp release?  I tried to ask on Facebook, but I couldn't get it to let me leave a question.  I know Melanie said she had another faith set coming out with the next release.  I am anxious for that!

Yes!  July 5th is correct!!  We are excited!!  Lots to come in July! ;)

Yea!  I have to baby set three of my grandkids that night, but I will work something out.  Don't know how I missed Melanie's post, but I'm glad someone saw it.  Thanks for the heads up!

Playing with Christmas cards and ideas - if you love the Wreath builder templates, Noelle Mouse has a lot of small images to stamp on a wreath.  Fun!

Yes I was looking at that set this week and thinking it would work for a wreath. Fun to play when we can isn't it.

Diana Scott said:

Playing with Christmas cards and ideas - if you love the Wreath builder templates, Noelle Mouse has a lot of small images to stamp on a wreath.  Fun!

Don't know about all of you, but I enjoyed the video showing different ways to use the year of border stamps done by Melanie recently. I did comment on it and asked a question  as well. So far the question hasn't been answered so I'm asking again here. I would love to know how to use the year of borders to stamp a frame around the edge of the card stock. So far whenever I try on scrap paper I get really messy corners and; while I don't expect perfection from myself anymore, I won't use something that looks ugly. Getting the corners to look good is necessary to me. Anyone know of a technique that works to get nice corners would you let me know please? 

Have you tried masking the corners? I only have the rubber set so it would be easier with the clear.

Hi Joanna, thanks for bumping this up! This week before vacation is extremely busy, but I also I may not have understood your question..do you mean like a mitred corner. This will create the borders joining at an angle, like a crown molding. To do this, like Robin ssuggested, you'll need to mask..place a sticky at a 45 degree angle at one corner of your mat, then ink your border and stamp. Remove the mask revealing an angled edge of your stamped border. Replace the sticky note on that same diagonal line but turned the other way, covering the border you already stamped, reink your border and stamp again. Remove the sticky note and the borders will be joined. The images wont match up exavtly because they ate not mirror images, but they will meet exactly, with a spave or overstamping if done correctly. Does that make sense? I can show that in a video soon but not this week because I have to do our release video and am leaving fir sleepaway camp Monday with my son for a week! I hope this helps.

Johanna Rundell said:

Don't know about all of you, but I enjoyed the video showing different ways to use the year of border stamps done by Melanie recently. I did comment on it and asked a question  as well. So far the question hasn't been answered so I'm asking again here. I would love to know how to use the year of borders to stamp a frame around the edge of the card stock. So far whenever I try on scrap paper I get really messy corners and; while I don't expect perfection from myself anymore, I won't use something that looks ugly. Getting the corners to look good is necessary to me. Anyone know of a technique that works to get nice corners would you let me know please? 

That is exactly what I meant Melanie and thanks so much for the explanation. I will give it a go this week. If you have time to show it in a video at some point it would be awesome as I'm sure seeing it will help and certainly others would like to view it too. I had forgotten about the release this week and get that you are busy with that. As I don't have kids I also forget how busy this time of year can be for others too. Hope you and your son have a lot of fun. Thanks for all you do to keep us motivated and crafting. It is appreciated more than you know.

Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT said:

Hi Joanna, thanks for bumping this up! This week before vacation is extremely busy, but I also I may not have understood your question..do you mean like a mitred corner. This will create the borders joining at an angle, like a crown molding. To do this, like Robin ssuggested, you'll need to mask..place a sticky at a 45 degree angle at one corner of your mat, then ink your border and stamp. Remove the mask revealing an angled edge of your stamped border. Replace the sticky note on that same diagonal line but turned the other way, covering the border you already stamped, reink your border and stamp again. Remove the sticky note and the borders will be joined. The images wont match up exavtly because they ate not mirror images, but they will meet exactly, with a spave or overstamping if done correctly. Does that make sense? I can show that in a video soon but not this week because I have to do our release video and am leaving fir sleepaway camp Monday with my son for a week! I hope this helps.

Johanna Rundell said:

Did I miss Sneak Peeks today?  I looked everywhere all day!

I haven't seen any either...forgot they were supposed to start today, since I was gone part of the day...but am looking forward to seeing what is coming out, even though I don't think I'll have money to buy this month.  :((  Do think Melanie posted a video with a sneak peak of her set....but haven't watched it yet. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service