stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Happy 2018!!

The Member's Sharing Thread is a place for members to ask for help, share ideas and discuss current trends in papercrafting.

If you have questions regarding orders, you can contact customer service directly at info@ginakdesigns.com. You can also join the Gina K. Designs- StampTV Fan club for another option for sharing, stamping related questions and making new friends.

StampTV Fan Club on Facebook

Views: 12359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad it worked!  Love your card, Verna!

I don't know if anyone has asked this before, but what are the rules for selling cards made with gin a k stamps?

This is addressed in the FAQ section at the top of the page. If you need more information there is a contact link I think. 

darlene mindrup said:

I don't know if anyone has asked this before, but what are the rules for selling cards made with gin a k stamps?

I have been using xyron adhesive on my cards but I noticed everyone uses the thermaweb type runners. Is it bad to use the xyron?

I think it is up to the individual which adhesive they use. I personally use the Connect glue a lot and also a glue runner from Crafters Companion which I like a lot.

Sue keating said:

I have been using xyron adhesive on my cards but I noticed everyone uses the thermaweb type runners. Is it bad to use the xyron?

If it works for you, it’s fine!  I use liquid glue or double sided tape and don’t use tape runners at all.

Sue keating said:

I use Xyron quite a bit, as well as Tombow in the green bottle, and then there is... the list goes on and on.  Theresa Momber uses Xyron quite a bit in her videos. 

Sue keating said:

It's just a matter of preference.  I have been using the ATG gun for double-sided adhesive for years.  I was tired of running out of adhesive so my daughter took pity on me and bought it for my birthday many moons ago.  I do use the stronger scor-tape or other brands and ordered the Connect glue from GKD.  I did have problem with the Connect opening it and making sure it wasn't clogged and then squeezed and squeezed and plop...a little mess!  

Sue keating said:

Anything that works for you!  I ise the Tombow dot tape runner, but have been using Gina’s Connect glue - wipe off the tip prior to putting it away and if clogged, just stick in a straight pin.  I like it as you can move your item around a little when first placing it down and as I’m not a youngster - that help me get it straight and even.  Haha!

I need help with the layering daisy in the newest kit.  How do you line it up?  I know there must be petals that stand out.  I would like to mark the layers so they match along with the die.  I stamped a little today with the daisy for the first time. I had a difficult time getting the layers to line up, then turned the die around quite a bit before it would fit.  Thanks for the help.

I turned that 2nd stamp around and around and around then finally went back and watched Gina's release video and tried to line up as she did.   http://stamptv.ning.com/video/layered-daisies-with-the-sunshine-and...  

Then I guess the key as Gina suggested is to make multiples and save for future use.

lovinpaper said:

I need help with the layering daisy in the newest kit.  How do you line it up?  I know there must be petals that stand out.  I would like to mark the layers so they match along with the die.  I stamped a little today with the daisy for the first time. I had a difficult time getting the layers to line up, then turned the die around quite a bit before it would fit.  Thanks for the help.

Thanks Gayle.  I did rewatch the video and tried, but really didn't see any tricks.  I do agree with her that making several at once is a good idea.  I keep at it.  :)

Gayle Chrvala said:

I turned that 2nd stamp around and around and around then finally went back and watched Gina's release video and tried to line up as she did.   http://stamptv.ning.com/video/layered-daisies-with-the-sunshine-and...  

Then I guess the key as Gina suggested is to make multiples and save for future use.

lovinpaper said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service