stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Happy 2018!!

The Member's Sharing Thread is a place for members to ask for help, share ideas and discuss current trends in papercrafting.

If you have questions regarding orders, you can contact customer service directly at info@ginakdesigns.com. You can also join the Gina K. Designs- StampTV Fan club for another option for sharing, stamping related questions and making new friends.

 

StampTV Fan Club on Facebook

Views: 12339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm hearing you hun. I'm in Australia and in the same boat with heaps health issues and my saviour is in making cards which I haven't done in quite awhile due to illness and my craft room looks like goodness knows what. A little bit each day and I hope l can clear the room and see where/what's in there. I'm taking an inventory of what I have. Keep your chin up.

I’m trying a new approach this year - to love the new ideas but try to use something I already have - I seem to be overwhelmed with all the stamp sets I have and can’t seem to get my mojo really going again.  I do hope Gina offers the templates by themselves as I have a lot of stamps I could use with them!  I couldn’t resist Alicia’s new set though!  Love the sayings in it also.  Maybe try a new technique, dapperdoxie, or color with pencils rather then markers.  I’m finding just mixing it up is helping!  Hope your health problems get better!  Hugs!

Dear Stamp TV Family.  Need your help.  Saw a video recently and cut some card stock to the measurements, however, I'm having a brain freeze with the following:   1.  5 3/16 x 3 15/16         2.  2 7/16 x 3 15/16       3.  4 11/16 x 3 10/16.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Do you know what subject the video was about?  Those are odd measurements for any of Gina's videos as she is usually in the 8th's or 4th's.  

Hollie Hicks said:

Dear Stamp TV Family.  Need your help.  Saw a video recently and cut some card stock to the measurements, however, I'm having a brain freeze with the following:   1.  5 3/16 x 3 15/16         2.  2 7/16 x 3 15/16       3.  4 11/16 x 3 10/16.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I like your approach Diana. I’m trying to use some of my older sets. Right now I’m getting reacquainted with some of the early Stately Flower sets. I’ll try to get some of the cards posted soon. I still want to do an envelope for this month’s challenge and hope to get a card made for the release challenge.  I hope Gina makes the templates available separately – after yesterday’s blog hop I realized I’ve got a lot of stamps that would work great with it.


Diana Scott said:

I’m trying a new approach this year - to love the new ideas but try to use something I already have - I seem to be overwhelmed with all the stamp sets I have and can’t seem to get my mojo really going again.  I do hope Gina offers the templates by themselves as I have a lot of stamps I could use with them!  I couldn’t resist Alicia’s new set though!  Love the sayings in it also.  Maybe try a new technique, dapperdoxie, or color with pencils rather then markers.  I’m finding just mixing it up is helping!  Hope your health problems get better!  Hugs!

I totally agree with mixing the old with the new.

A friend of mine has a rule when buying stamps if she can not think of five ways to use it she won’t buy it.

I always think what do I already have that I can use this with. Plus I buy used when I can to keep the craft budget down.

That said I have to admit that new stamp set with the wreath builder is

a stunner isn’t it.

Ahh, thanks Ladies, knew you would all understand.  Usually I am not as sad about having to wait...for some reason lately I've seen several things I wish I could get.  LOL  Maybe it has to do with how my mojo was almost none existent for the last year or two...but suddenly this year it's been back and I've been able to do more that I love and even create something that wasn't a copy of someone elses.  It's so good to feel creative for a change...gives me hope I'm getting better health wise even!!   Probably doesn't help that I'll have enough for this stuff at the end of the week...but was saving it in case I want the next kit, since the kits are a better buy when they are in kit form, I try to buy them that way if I want them...which means I have to save the money for that not get this.  *roll eyes*  Seriously tempted I tell ya...but so far I've held out.  Will see if I can keep doing so.  LOL  I do have enough other things to get me by for a while...but only been making cards for 4 years or so, and at least two of those years if not three have been extra lean for one reason or another...so I don't have a ton of goodies yet...plenty mind you, but...still working on building my stash to the "hoarders" level.  I figure since I could be accused of being a hoarder in other areas of my life, may as well let my favorite past time get to that level one day too...least till I fill up my little craft corner to overflowing...which I'm not  even close to doing yet.  *giggle*  Thanks for understanding...I'll be ok though and eventually those two sets will come here to let me play with them.  :-)) 

Course sounds like March 1st I'm going to have trouble when the new foilmates release...that butterfly set is calling my name too, cause butterflies are one of my favorite things! 

Thankfully I do trust that when the time is right, God will find a way for me to get what I need...and hopefully will make it so I don't want the other stuff quite so bad.  LOL

Thanks for your response.  It wasn't a video by Gina K.  It was a video by MFT. It was produced in 2.2018.

How to Create a Multi-Layer Gift Card Surprise



lovinpaper said:

Do you know what subject the video was about?  Those are odd measurements for any of Gina's videos as she is usually in the 8th's or 4th's.  

Hollie Hicks said:

Dear Stamp TV Family.  Need your help.  Saw a video recently and cut some card stock to the measurements, however, I'm having a brain freeze with the following:   1.  5 3/16 x 3 15/16         2.  2 7/16 x 3 15/16       3.  4 11/16 x 3 10/16.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I totally understand dapperdoxie,

Health problems can slow you down on more than one level.

I think saving for the kit is a great idea because you get paper stamps and dies.

That’s a bargain on any level. For now try using your old stuff in new ways that may keep you inspired.

Hugs to you, keep moving toward wellness.

dapperdoxie said:

Ahh, thanks Ladies, knew you would all understand.  Usually I am not as sad about having to wait...for some reason lately I've seen several things I wish I could get.  LOL  Maybe it has to do with how my mojo was almost none existent for the last year or two...but suddenly this year it's been back and I've been able to do more that I love and even create something that wasn't a copy of someone elses.  It's so good to feel creative for a change...gives me hope I'm getting better health wise even!!   Probably doesn't help that I'll have enough for this stuff at the end of the week...but was saving it in case I want the next kit, since the kits are a better buy when they are in kit form, I try to buy them that way if I want them...which means I have to save the money for that not get this.  *roll eyes*  Seriously tempted I tell ya...but so far I've held out.  Will see if I can keep doing so.  LOL  I do have enough other things to get me by for a while...but only been making cards for 4 years or so, and at least two of those years if not three have been extra lean for one reason or another...so I don't have a ton of goodies yet...plenty mind you, but...still working on building my stash to the "hoarders" level.  I figure since I could be accused of being a hoarder in other areas of my life, may as well let my favorite past time get to that level one day too...least till I fill up my little craft corner to overflowing...which I'm not  even close to doing yet.  *giggle*  Thanks for understanding...I'll be ok though and eventually those two sets will come here to let me play with them.  :-)) 

Course sounds like March 1st I'm going to have trouble when the new foilmates release...that butterfly set is calling my name too, cause butterflies are one of my favorite things! 

Thankfully I do trust that when the time is right, God will find a way for me to get what I need...and hopefully will make it so I don't want the other stuff quite so bad.  LOL


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvfXZbsjP08

That link should get you started.  The measurements are in the You Tube show more and they seem to look like the ones you cut.


Hollie Hicks said:

Thanks for your response.  It wasn't a video by Gina K.  It was a video by MFT. It was produced in 2.2018.

How to Create a Multi-Layer Gift Card Surprise



lovinpaper said:

Do you know what subject the video was about?  Those are odd measurements for any of Gina's videos as she is usually in the 8th's or 4th's.  

Hollie Hicks said:

Dear Stamp TV Family.  Need your help.  Saw a video recently and cut some card stock to the measurements, however, I'm having a brain freeze with the following:   1.  5 3/16 x 3 15/16         2.  2 7/16 x 3 15/16       3.  4 11/16 x 3 10/16.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Dear Loving Paper.  I cut the normal measurements that I was familiar with.  I don't know what to line up on the cutting board the: 

1. 5 3/16 x 3 15/16  

2. 2 7/16 x 3 15/16

3. 4 11/16 x 3 10/16

I know about 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, and 7/8.  Don't know about the bold 12pt font measurements.  After this I won't bug you anymore.  Thanks again....



lovinpaper said:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvfXZbsjP08

That link should get you started.  The measurements are in the You Tube show more and they seem to look like the ones you cut.


Hollie Hicks said:

Thanks for your response.  It wasn't a video by Gina K.  It was a video by MFT. It was produced in 2.2018.

How to Create a Multi-Layer Gift Card Surprise



lovinpaper said:

Do you know what subject the video was about?  Those are odd measurements for any of Gina's videos as she is usually in the 8th's or 4th's.  

Hollie Hicks said:

Dear Stamp TV Family.  Need your help.  Saw a video recently and cut some card stock to the measurements, however, I'm having a brain freeze with the following:   1.  5 3/16 x 3 15/16         2.  2 7/16 x 3 15/16       3.  4 11/16 x 3 10/16.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

All I know is 1/16 is half of 1/8.  My cutting board does not have 16th measurements, so I am no help with that.  Sorry.

Hollie Hicks said:

Dear Loving Paper.  I cut the normal measurements that I was familiar with.  I don't know what to line up on the cutting board the: 

1. 5 3/16 x 3 15/16  

2. 2 7/16 x 3 15/16

3. 4 11/16 x 3 10/16

I know about 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, and 7/8.  Don't know about the bold 12pt font measurements.  After this I won't bug you anymore.  Thanks again....



lovinpaper said:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvfXZbsjP08

That link should get you started.  The measurements are in the You Tube show more and they seem to look like the ones you cut.


Hollie Hicks said:

Thanks for your response.  It wasn't a video by Gina K.  It was a video by MFT. It was produced in 2.2018.

How to Create a Multi-Layer Gift Card Surprise



lovinpaper said:

Do you know what subject the video was about?  Those are odd measurements for any of Gina's videos as she is usually in the 8th's or 4th's.  

Hollie Hicks said:

Dear Stamp TV Family.  Need your help.  Saw a video recently and cut some card stock to the measurements, however, I'm having a brain freeze with the following:   1.  5 3/16 x 3 15/16         2.  2 7/16 x 3 15/16       3.  4 11/16 x 3 10/16.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service