stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Happy 2018!!

The Member's Sharing Thread is a place for members to ask for help, share ideas and discuss current trends in papercrafting.

If you have questions regarding orders, you can contact customer service directly at info@ginakdesigns.com. You can also join the Gina K. Designs- StampTV Fan club for another option for sharing, stamping related questions and making new friends.

StampTV Fan Club on Facebook

Views: 12367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How do you get mail on Sunday?  Mine won’t be here until Tuesday as tomorrow is a Holiday!  Guess that is how it is when you live in a small town - however love where we are - out of all the traffic, noice, crime, etc.!   Enjoy!  Hugs! 

Judy Inukai said:

Woo Hoo! I just went to track my happy mail on the USPS website because I figured it had made it to our distribution center by now and lo and behold it said it was sitting on my front porch. The mailman didn't ring the bell or anything but there it was along with another package (unstamp related). Off to play with my new goodies.

I'm not sure how I get delivery on Sunday Diana, but I think I got a delivery on the Sunday before Labor Day too. Guess the mailman knows how anxious I am for my happy mail. It's just packages though, no regular mail delivery. Gives me a chance to play today and if we get the snow they've predicted, I may stay home tomorrow and play.

Diana Scott said:

How do you get mail on Sunday?  Mine won’t be here until Tuesday as tomorrow is a Holiday!  Guess that is how it is when you live in a small town - however love where we are - out of all the traffic, noice, crime, etc.!   Enjoy!  Hugs! 

Judy Inukai said:

Woo Hoo! I just went to track my happy mail on the USPS website because I figured it had made it to our distribution center by now and lo and behold it said it was sitting on my front porch. The mailman didn't ring the bell or anything but there it was along with another package (unstamp related). Off to play with my new goodies.

Lucky you. We get no mail once so ever on Sunday as we have rural delivery so guess I am out of luck too until at least Tuesday for my goodies. I had forgotten about Monday being a holiday. No delivery that day either.

Judy Inukai said:

I'm not sure how I get delivery on Sunday Diana, but I think I got a delivery on the Sunday before Labor Day too. Guess the mailman knows how anxious I am for my happy mail. It's just packages though, no regular mail delivery. Gives me a chance to play today and if we get the snow they've predicted, I may stay home tomorrow and play.

Diana Scott said:

Judy Inukai said:

The only time we've received mail on Sunday has been package deliveries, never the regular mail. I'm guessing they started delivering packages on Sunday because of Amazon Prime, and other sites that promise fast shipping. I live near a town of about 10,000 people, so not a tiny town but not a big city either.

Ok I am about to give up on the foiling!  Seriously.  I have gotten it to work once and even then it was that enough foiling happened that I barely approved giving the card away.  I posted success once after getting the laminator that Gina uses and gave the link to.  But since have wasted so much product that I wish I would just give it all away.  I use deco foil and the line here. so it isn't bad product.  I used toner sheets and the pre printed ones here so again I fail to believe it is bad product.  I let my fellowes laminator heat up for over half an hour today with pathetic results by my standards.  I have shimmed and placed the foil the right way and wrong way.  If I am foiling it needs to not have any black spots left.  I hear so very few others having the time of their lives with it either.  I am so frustrated.  If we HAVE to buy the minc laminator then just say so but I have purchased several laminators and watched WAY TOO MANY videos to be doing something wrong.  Plus I am just too cheap to buy the minc, honestly.  I could but won't.  Someone just let me know , If it is a hit and miss success rate I will gift my supplies elsewhere and not do this technique.  I make money with my cards and can't afford to do hit and miss techniques.  I am not angry but I am super frustrated with foiling and just want a straight answer on this method.

Lucky you, Judy!!!!! I had hoped mine would get here today too, since we have Sunday delivery, but now I have to wait until Tuesday.  No Holiday delivery!!!!  Enjoy!

Judy Inukai said:

Melissa, I use the Mini Minc, my shims are 2 pieces of the Heavy base weight card stock, and I heat my Minc to a 5.  Gina said that was too hot, but if I don’t I get black spots.  I think there are so many factors - Weather - we are extremely dry - machine - materials - you are using the same items I am, how hot your machine gets, etc. that is hard to say yes, keep trying or forget it.  I started with a cheap laminator from Walmart and it was terrible.  Got the mini Minc on Amazon for $49 and have had no problems since.  Did probably 50 Christmas cards and no black spots.  Know this doesn't help but just to let you know some of us are successful.  Hugs!  Also, I don’t use parchment paper but plain copier paper as my holder.

Melissa Kompkoff said:

Ok I am about to give up on the foiling!  Seriously.  I have gotten it to work once and even then it was that enough foiling happened that I barely approved giving the card away.  I posted success once after getting the laminator that Gina uses and gave the link to.  But since have wasted so much product that I wish I would just give it all away.  I use deco foil and the line here. so it isn't bad product.  I used toner sheets and the pre printed ones here so again I fail to believe it is bad product.  I let my fellowes laminator heat up for over half an hour today with pathetic results by my standards.  I have shimmed and placed the foil the right way and wrong way.  If I am foiling it needs to not have any black spots left.  I hear so very few others having the time of their lives with it either.  I am so frustrated.  If we HAVE to buy the minc laminator then just say so but I have purchased several laminators and watched WAY TOO MANY videos to be doing something wrong.  Plus I am just too cheap to buy the minc, honestly.  I could but won't.  Someone just let me know , If it is a hit and miss success rate I will gift my supplies elsewhere and not do this technique.  I make money with my cards and can't afford to do hit and miss techniques.  I am not angry but I am super frustrated with foiling and just want a straight answer on this method.

Did you add the extra card stock shim? I found that makes a big difference and also be sure your parchment does not have any creases in it. If there is a crease then it will leave that mark on the foiled design. I discovered that so I am glad I have extra parchment in case that happens again.

Melissa Kompkoff said:

I appreciate your reply.  Thank you.  I am feeling it is just the nature of the technique and that won't work for me and that is fine. There are other techniques that I have chosen not to do as well. This may just be one of them.  I guess I just wanted to hear that those who are happy with it are not getting perfect results every time.  That points me in a direction for the future on this.  I may be hosting a give away soon on my facebook page. :(

Diana Scott said:

Melissa, I use the Mini Minc, my shims are 2 pieces of the Heavy base weight card stock, and I heat my Minc to a 5.  Gina said that was too hot, but if I don’t I get black spots.  I think there are so many factors - Weather - we are extremely dry - machine - materials - you are using the same items I am, how hot your machine gets, etc. that is hard to say yes, keep trying or forget it.  I started with a cheap laminator from Walmart and it was terrible.  Got the mini Minc on Amazon for $49 and have had no problems since.  Did probably 50 Christmas cards and no black spots.  Know this doesn't help but just to let you know some of us are successful.  Hugs!

Melissa Kompkoff said:

Yes and tried one to several shims to help.  Maybe I am just not foil compatible.

Verna Angerhofer said:

Did you add the extra card stock shim? I found that makes a big difference and also be sure your parchment does not have any creases in it. If there is a crease then it will leave that mark on the foiled design. I discovered that so I am glad I have extra parchment in case that happens again.

Melissa Kompkoff said:

Hang in there Melissa, I do better with Gina's line of foil than any other.  I, too, use copy paper instead of the parchment paper and normally run it through twice.  Every so often my button is on cold...which doesn't work but the 5 setting is what I have been using.  Good luck.

Melissa Kompkoff said:

Yes and tried one to several shims to help.  Maybe I am just not foil compatible.

Verna Angerhofer said:

Melissa Kompkoff said:

I, too, had a regular laminator and tried everything with terrible results.  I finally gave in and purchased a mini minc (because I already had purchased so much foil, pre-printed toner sheets, and a laser printer for this technique) and I now have no trouble.  Not sure why the laminators work for some/most, but it did not work for me.  It was quite frustrating for me to have to purchase a second machine, but I had stupidly invested in a ton of foiling product before realizing it didn't work so well with my first machine.   

Melissa Kompkoff said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service