stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hi Friends,

We currently have 120 groups here at StampTV however many of them haven't been used in over a year. We pay for the bandwith to keep these groups on the site. So it's time for use to do a little housekeeping. :)

We will be deleting all groups that have not had activity in the last 12 months. If you are a member of any of those groups and there are photos or other things you want to save, please do it this week. We will beginning removing unused groups starting this Friday. 

Thanks so much!

Hugs,

Gina K.

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gina, please do not delete my page. There has been illness at home an my creative juices haven't been flowing. But I treasure your site, and look at it everyday, and have ordered. thank you so much ahead of time.

Pattie, don't worry... we won't be deleting any members pages, just groups that aren't active.  :) 

Pattie Jones said:

Gina, please do not delete my page. There has been illness at home an my creative juices haven't been flowing. But I treasure your site, and look at it everyday, and have ordered. thank you so much ahead of time.


Pattie,

We would never delete a member or their page. Just some of the groups that people created that aren't being used anymore. :)
Pattie Jones said:

Gina, please do not delete my page. There has been illness at home an my creative juices haven't been flowing. But I treasure your site, and look at it everyday, and have ordered. thank you so much ahead of time.

Gina & Staff,

In my (humble, I hope) opinion, the groups that look the most useful to me are the ones that are "tool or technique" oriented (versus the location oriented groups). The groups that are about "Silhouette," "Photography," "Foiling," "Copic," etc are the most helpful. I was surprised to see that there was not a group for "Spectrum Noir." I used to watch for the Forum posts from Kendra Wiestock, and when I (just now) saw that there was no group, I checked to see if her posts were still available, and also disappointed to see that she has dropped out of Stamp TV. I hope the Forums will also not be "cleaned out" too much!!! because they always seemed such a valuable resource to me when I was "getting started." I have had to set aside much of my crafting for the last several months, but I am anxious to "get back in the saddle" and hope that many of these resources will not disappear on me before I can "get back to work" (which will not be nearly as soon as I would like, however).

Sounds like a good idea, Gina, to keep your costs reasonable. Thanks for giving everyone a heads up.

I had to downsize a lot of "stuff". Unfortunately my silhouette among them but don't know how to "unjoin". Too sad to see what others are still doing. Loved your group 

thank you Karen , you made my day.

Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator said:

Pattie, don't worry... we won't be deleting any members pages, just groups that aren't active.  :) 

Pattie Jones said:

Gina, please do not delete my page. There has been illness at home an my creative juices haven't been flowing. But I treasure your site, and look at it everyday, and have ordered. thank you so much ahead of time.

thank you Gina,You made me so happy, I wasn't understanding the deletion groups. I value your site, and what I have learned, an the friends, I have made....Have a good day, blessings.

Gina Krupsky said:


Pattie,

We would never delete a member or their page. Just some of the groups that people created that aren't being used anymore. :)
Pattie Jones said:

Gina, please do not delete my page. There has been illness at home an my creative juices haven't been flowing. But I treasure your site, and look at it everyday, and have ordered. thank you so much ahead of time.

Susan,

I am sorry to hear that your Silhouette suffered as a result of your downsizing. Nothing has been posted in over a year, which was part of prompted my post. Personally, I do not have the room to keep mine "out" where I could access it more easily (and the machine did not even get used this year for our church's Vacation Bible School as it had been the last few years. However, I did download / print some designs from the Design Store, so I think it has been over a year since it has seen the light of day). Pretty expensive "paperweight."



Susan said:

I had to downsize a lot of "stuff". Unfortunately my silhouette among them but don't know how to "unjoin". Too sad to see what others are still doing. Loved your group 


That's good information. I think we will start with groups that aren't specifically about certain tools and products. Maybe just groups from different areas of the country that don't get used at all.


Linda S said:

Gina & Staff,

In my (humble, I hope) opinion, the groups that look the most useful to me are the ones that are "tool or technique" oriented (versus the location oriented groups). The groups that are about "Silhouette," "Photography," "Foiling," "Copic," etc are the most helpful. I was surprised to see that there was not a group for "Spectrum Noir." I used to watch for the Forum posts from Kendra Wiestock, and when I (just now) saw that there was no group, I checked to see if her posts were still available, and also disappointed to see that she has dropped out of Stamp TV. I hope the Forums will also not be "cleaned out" too much!!! because they always seemed such a valuable resource to me when I was "getting started." I have had to set aside much of my crafting for the last several months, but I am anxious to "get back in the saddle" and hope that many of these resources will not disappear on me before I can "get back to work" (which will not be nearly as soon as I would like, however).

Thank you for the housekeeping notice!

Well, according to the number in the parentheses at the top of the "Groups" page, there are now 107 groups (instead of 120). But since I do not have the list memorized, I can't easily tell what has been deleted, however I have been watching. For example, there are still two groups for the Silhouette machines: Silhouette Fanatics (with Joyce Erb, and supposedly 605 members) and another group started by Melissa Murphy, with 16 members. Sean posted a comment on the Comment Wall on August 8, 2016 that this second group would be deleted at the end of August 2016. I understand that sometimes we don't always meet our stated goals, but I am left wondering how many active members there really are on StampTV. Is there maybe a way to flag those as "Inactive" who have not posted anything within a certain period of time??? I certainly do appreciate any inactive members who have left their photos available in the galleries, they are a wonderful resource of ideas for those of us who feel "design challenged" (this afternoon, I spent quite a bit of time combing through the +300 for one of Melanie's sets), but when so few have responded to Gina's original post, and so many groups have sat idle for so long, or list a really huge number (like 2512 for the STV Kit Addicts group), I have to wonder where is everyone?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

    

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service