stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hey everyone!
I'm kinda new to stamptv and only here did I learn sooooo many things good thing I saw Gina's videos in YouTube. Anyway, I know you might freak out or something but I have no die cut machines and I'd love it if you could recommend a die cut machine for me, electronic or manual is ok I'm actually choosing between certain ones and if I check out their reviews, like on cricut, they say that the blade is blunt and can't help you fix it when you have problems with it. and the list goes on with other die cut machines from other companies I'm actually considering cricut cause other people say it's great. Hope you see this and give me advice

Tags: Die, cut, machines

Views: 1774

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's the BIG SHOT for me .... the electronic ones are too noisy because I craft later at night when others are asleep and I want my die cutting to be somewhat quiet :-)

Just about every die from other companies can be used in the Big Shot !!

Hello ~ 

I used to have a cuttlebug which I loved until some shoulder/neck issues kind of forced my hand, at which point I bought an Electric BigShot machine. There had been reports of the motor burning out on them, but I have use mine pretty much every day (including for swaps which are usually 5+1)  since purchasing it last winter and have had NO problems. My mom has the Cricut Expression, haven't had the chance to use it much to give an opinion.

if I were doing more scrapbooking again, I might invest in a Cricut. 

This has been very informative for me, especially the comments on the Pazzle (which I'd never heard about until now) and the Silhouette.  I have only ever used Spellbinders products and I absolutely cannot imagine using any other.  I upgraded from the Wizard to the Grand Calibur when it came out and I just love it.  I noticed hardly anyone has mentioned Spellbinders which I find interesting.  It seems the favorite overall is the Cuttlebug.

I am considering using a cutting machine and based on the feedback provided the Silhouette seems to be the best value for money because you don't have to rely on cartidges.  Am I right?  The Pazzle seems nice but it's outrageously priced at over $600, and that's before any of the accessories!!! Yikes!!  I think a Silhouette and a manual die cutting machine would achieve both creative goals.

I have the hand crank Big Kick and that is perfect for my needs. I won't buy another machine as this one works when the electircity if off, does my Cuttlebug folders, cuts Spellbinders, Cheery Lynn Designs and many other dies. I am so satisified with it. If for some reason it would not work for me anymore I might just go for another Big Kick or Big Shot or the Cuttlebug. I don't want any that hook to the computer. My computer is not that up to date anymore.

The only one I have is the Cuttlebug & I love it!  I waited until I could get a good price & I do the same with the dies & embossing folders.  I always check the clearance aisle and watch for those big discounts like 40% off.  Then I buy or order what I like.  PS: you can't emboss on an electric machine that I know of!  I suppose it depends on what it is you want to do.  I would love to have one of the electric ones too but I had to make a decision & I am happy with the one I made.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service