stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Just wondering if there are any of you card makers who are suffering from Lyme Disease or other health issues like MS, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, etc. I myself am fighting a difficult battle with Lyme Disease and thought it might be nice to create a new group for us. Anyone interested?

Views: 413

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad you joined us Regina!

Mel....I'll pass along that info to the ladies! I've never heard of it!

Hello Regina & Jody, glad to have you join us. After I started this post, our dear Lee set p a group for us called "creative Therapy". When we see how many people are suffering from various illnesses and not just Lyme Disease, we thought a group that is all encompassing would be great. So you have been formally invited to come join our group! I think you will find us by far the chattiest group on Stamp TV and we have all become such good friends in a very short time.

To anyone else who happens upon this thread and wants to join the group, please be sure to come see us.

Melanie, thank you for the info on the documentary called "Under Our Skin". I actually own a copy of the film in DVD format. It is an excellent documentary. It does indeed share information about treatment. As most Lyme patients will tell you though, knowing what's needed for treatment and actually finding someone to treat you as well as the cost of treatment is a whole other story. If you are like me and live in Canada, treatment is not even an option for most unless they travel to the US for it. In Canada we have a difficult battle. It's like running into a brick wall when trying to get medical help.

What a wonderful idea, Laurie!  I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis, but want to do as much as I can to support others and get them to have fun and think positive.  We can all find a common bond in the bright side of life with our challenges, right?  Let me know what you want me to do and I'll be glad to help, sweetie!

Hugz2u! ;D

Sharon

http://inspirationalgreetingsbysharon.blogspot.com

Attachments:
Hi Sharon! Have you found our group "Creative Therapy" yet? It's listed in the groups section of Stamp TV. We would love to have you join. Like you, I have Fibromyalgia & Osteoarthritis. Mine was caused by Lyme Disease. I have numerous health issues all caused by the Lyme so I know what the daily struggles can be like which is why I thought starting a group for those who can relate would be a great idea. I look forward to getting to know you as I'm sure the rest of the ladies in our group will.
Thank you for sharing you blog page with me and the thank you card. You make beautiful cards!

I HAD LYMES IN 1989. I WAS ON IV MEDICATION FOR 21 DAYS. COULDNT HARDLY WALK. WAS PRETTY SICK. THAT IS SOME BAD STUFF.NOW  I HVE PROBLEMS WITH MY JOINTS STILL GET TIRED EASY.I MAKE CARD TO CHILL OUT. TAKE MY MIND OFF OTHER THINGS. HOPE I HEAR FOM YOU.;)

Hi Laura,
Nice to hear from you. Did they catch your Lyme very early? If not, I have to question whether or not they got rid of it completely for you in just three weeks of IV therapy. Did you develope the joint problems after you were treated? If so, you may want to look into it further. I have a friend where I live that also has Lyme and she was on 3 weeks of IV antibiotics but that did not get rid of it for her because it wasn't caught quickly which is most often the case. I look forward tomchattingnwith you more.

no they did not catch mine in the early stages. I had joint problems at the time then as I got older they hit more joints. I still have to go in and get checked to see if its active. I think people just dont know how crippling this can be. It is nice to talk to somebody about this. I hope you are doing better Laurie. hope to hear from you soon; take care!!

Laurie Morris said:

Hi Laura,
Nice to hear from you. Did they catch your Lyme very early? If not, I have to question whether or not they got rid of it completely for you in just three weeks of IV therapy. Did you develope the joint problems after you were treated? If so, you may want to look into it further. I have a friend where I live that also has Lyme and she was on 3 weeks of IV antibiotics but that did not get rid of it for her because it wasn't caught quickly which is most often the case. I look forward tomchattingnwith you more.
Hi Laura,
Hope you are doing well today. You're right, it is nice to have someone to talk to that can relate. Most people have no idea how devastating Lyme can be and how difficult it can be to treat if not caught early. Are you in Canada or the US? Do you have a lot of symptoms or is it kind of dormant right now? I have many symptoms from chronic tendonitus and bursitis to osteoarthritis, asthma, sleep disorders, sleep apnea, headaches, migraines, fibromyalgia and so much more. Still being treated for it without success so far. Look forward to hearing form you.

Hi Laurie;

I live in Wisconsin cenral part. The part that had all of the snow.lol. I have symptons everyday. About three years ago I devopled asthma, that stuff is nasty.My thoughts about Lymes is a person never gets rid of it. For me the older I get the more things pop up. I really dont think they know enough about Lymes. Im 58 years old.I was 35 when it hit me. My husband and I thought I had bone cancer. I could hardley move.Also about 2 years ago I had a heart attack. The did all kinds of tests. They could not believe for my age I have no Plauk in my artiries. No high cholestrel. So they think it stems from the Lymes. At least it did no damage to my heart. My Doctors husband he has to walk with a cane because of it. Take care!!!

Hello Laura,
Sorry to hear you have asthma. Unfortunately the longer the Lyme goes untreated or not properly treated the more damage it does to every organ and system in the body. I've had asthma for about 16 or 17 years now. Lyme causes a whole host of autoimmune issues, like Lupus, fibromyalgia, arthritus, allergies, asthma, etc. Lyme is devastating to the entire body. Unfortunately thousands of people are infected every year and don't know that they have it. Over time their health gradually declines and they are misdiagnosed time and time again without ever being properly diagnosed which ultimately leads to serious diseases like MS, Parkinson's, Lou Gerick's, alzhiemers, etc.
I was bit by a large tick at the age of 13 or 14 and have had a growing list of ailments as the years have gone by. I am 47 now and was only properly diagnosed by way of a positive blood test a year and a half ago. All three of my children need to be tested as they most likely have it because of me. Wishing you all the best.

Oh yeah... Unfortunatly this is one group I'd rather not be a member of...

Cf, Fibro.... I can join..

Hi Kimmiek,
This is one group I wish I didn't fit into either. Unfortunately it's one that many people fit into. If you have CF and Fibro, you might want to be tested for Lyme. Are you in Canada or the US? If you decide to be tested, you most definitely need to get the new Lyme culture test which is much, much better and more accurate than the previous Western Blot test. Not glad that ou are suffering, but glad you found this group. After starting this thread, one of the design team members helped us set up our own group here on Stamp TV. We decided to not only include people that had Lyme but anyone who suffers from chronic illness or pain or cares for someone with a chronic illness or pain. We called the group Creative Therapy. We love to have you join us. I'm sure you would feel right at home.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

CONTACT US:
608-838-3258
info@ginakdesigns.com

Support StampTV by shopping at Amazon.com!

Technique Archives

Vintage Chic Kit

Introduction Project

Border Bling

Shimmer Card

Distressed Letterpress

Springtime Silhouettes Kit

Detail Image Thumping

Doily Card

Shadow Stamping

Watercolor Spritz

Wax Paper Focal Image