stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I am happy to be back hosting this challenge. Thanks, Lori, for inviting me to do it again! Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, many of us are in a race to get our holiday cards completed and in the mail. I know that I am really behind on mine this year! Yikes! Time goes so fast; I'm not ready for the Christmas holiday yet. If you are in the same situation I am, I'm sure you are looking for inspiration to help you get those cards done (or started! LOL!). So this week's Mix It Up Monday Challenge is:

Let It Snow(man)!

I am a huge fan of snowmen/people, even though my husband thinks that is crazy since I hate cold and snow and winter! I just can't resist those adorable snow people, though, even if they represent winter. Their jolly demeanors cheer me up despite the cold and snow. 

So, pull out your snow people stamps and get busy. Your card this week must feature at least one snowman/person along with some other type of snow (snowflake stamps, the word snow, flower soft snow, glitter to make snow, etc.). Let it snow all over your card.

To give you a bit of inspiration to get started, I made two cards for this week's challenge. 

I made this one using the adorable snow couple from the Gina K set called "Winter Friends." The greeting is from the new "Simple Snowflakes" set. I used the clear stamps which allowed me to curve the text to follow the die cut and embossing.

This second one was a quick card that would be easy to make multiple copies of and since it has no embellishments it would be easy to mail. I used snowflakes from the "Simple Snowflakes" set and the cutie snowman from the "Wishing You Joy" set. I embossed the snowflakes with silver EP, colored the snowman with Spica glitter pens,and added a bit of "snow" under the snowman using glitter.

OK, now it is your turn. Let's see those snow and snow people cards! You have until Sunday, December 2 at 8:00 PM CT to enter this challenge. Be sure to add the keyword: STV12MON47

Just a reminder -- here are the challenge rules!

Tags: STV12MON47

Views: 455

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Tee Heee heee - my whole BED and BODY is covered with glitter LOL!!! It's very pretty and sparkily in here!

Wow! What a creative card! Glad you were able to get it uploaded! Thanks for playing!

Rosy Newlun said:

Hi, Kay - I am trying to upload my snowman card, but keep getting that 'spin of death' thingey on my screen :(

For now, I will upload it here, then try again another time :)

"Peek-a-boo Snowman"

If you 'pull' on the sides, the 'tree' in the center splits apart and you can see all the snowman, the sky, snow, and ground. If you 'push; the sides back towards the center, the snow-covered tree covers up the snowman. I tried to take a picture with one hand, and hold the tree 'closed' with my other hand, which really looks hokey but I don't have my dh to help me today.

Thank you for looking :)

Thank you, Kay :D My pleasure - really!

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service