stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Much to my surprise (maybe everyone already knows this), it's darn near *impossible* to bleach color out of something you used a Copic marker on. After 4 tries on an oval colored with E79, I could just barely start to see where I laid bleach.

Wow.

Views: 321

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cindy, this has nothing to do with stamping, but I had a weird experience with bleach:  A tablecloth with blue embroidery which I loved, but wanted it just white, or not blue, anyway, so I put it in straight bleach.  Nothing happened!  Not one shade lighter!  I couldn't believe it and had to show my experiment to every family member so they would believe me!  Some dyes are bleach resistant, and I guess the dyes in copic markers are resistant to bleach as well.

I know there are fabrics resistant to bleach - they're used to make the towels for hair salons.. I just never thought I'd be beat out by a Copic marker.. LOL..

Did you try using the colourless Copic? It removes colour.

Cheryl, this was for the bleached card challenge this week.  I used good old fashioned Clorox.  :)

I had to giggle a little when I read your post, Cindy!  I know it's not about cardstock so to speak, but when two of my sons were 2 and 4, they "broke" into my stamping area, got out my Copics, & colored all over our cream colored carpet!  Not only did I have to try and find both lids to over 100 markers, but we had to replace the carpet in that room!  I even tried bleach as a last resort!  So it makes sense that the bleach won't work on cardstock either...  :-)

Wow!  It's great that you can still giggle about it!!!

Laurie Schmidlin - DT/Moderator said:

I had to giggle a little when I read your post, Cindy!  I know it's not about cardstock so to speak, but when two of my sons were 2 and 4, they "broke" into my stamping area, got out my Copics, & colored all over our cream colored carpet!  Not only did I have to try and find both lids to over 100 markers, but we had to replace the carpet in that room!  I even tried bleach as a last resort!  So it makes sense that the bleach won't work on cardstock either...  :-)

GASP!!  I'm afraid my DH would have banned copics for the rest of my life!  : )

Laurie Schmidlin - DT/Moderator said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service