stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Dear Ladies, I have a question for all of you, I make cards that I am trying to sell at the local shows, and my question is----do you add an inside greeting verse, or do you leave the inside of the cards blank?

Right now I am making the insides blank, but I'm not sure if this is good or not---what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help,                   Judy

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think there is a market for both types of cards...some without a inside message(like a note card) and some with. You may need to keep in mind that Not everyone is able to find the right words to express their feelings.And for this reason; I think most people would like a message inside to complete the card. I hope that helps.
Judy, I have seen it done both ways. To me it does not seem finished without a verse--but that might just be me.  If Your are going to use a verse, I'd say keep it simple.
What I have been doing is layering a color coordinated paper on the inside to write upon, yet I have been taking just one of those little paper punches, sometimes you can get them out of the dollar bin.    I typically use it in the lower right hand corner.  If it's a flowery card I use a flower or a butterfly punch, for summery cards  I have a barefoot print (I use 2), a swirl, etc.  It looks nice as the card base is one color and the layer is another. 
That is a really good idea as well, think I'll go back and add some pages to my cards with a pretty punch in the corner, never thought about that---thanks again

Donna said:
What I have been doing is layering a color coordinated paper on the inside to write upon, yet I have been taking just one of those little paper punches, sometimes you can get them out of the dollar bin.    I typically use it in the lower right hand corner.  If it's a flowery card I use a flower or a butterfly punch, for summery cards  I have a barefoot print (I use 2), a swirl, etc.  It looks nice as the card base is one color and the layer is another. 
I have some nice stamps for inside greetings that I could use. Before I used vellum, and printed out a greeting to add.

Janet E. Leffler said:
Judy, I have seen it done both ways. To me it does not seem finished without a verse--but that might just be me.  If Your are going to use a verse, I'd say keep it simple.
Thanks for your input, I'm really torn, but just can't be sure that they will sell---guess I'll see what happens.

April Budzyn said:
I think there is a market for both types of cards...some without a inside message(like a note card) and some with. You may need to keep in mind that Not everyone is able to find the right words to express their feelings.And for this reason; I think most people would like a message inside to complete the card. I hope that helps.

I try to put a greeting on the front so it can be seen right away, like Happy Birthday, but I tend to leave the inside blank.  You can not please everone..  Some like a greeting and some don't.

Hope this helps. Deanne

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I am putting the "type" of card on the front as well, and going to leave the inside blank, because I decided that I will again give them to the American Legion ladies, so that they can send them to the troops overseas, and I am betting they will be glad to put their own thoughts inside the cards.           Judy

Deanne Hawk said:

I try to put a greeting on the front so it can be seen right away, like Happy Birthday, but I tend to leave the inside blank.  You can not please everone..  Some like a greeting and some don't.

Hope this helps. Deanne

I also leave mu cards blank inside and they do sell. I have a sentiment on the outside and that seems to be enough. I also think that handmade cards themselves are so special and a 'picture is worth a thousand words'. I have thought about including in the packaging of the card (card & envelope goes in zippy plastic bag) a sheet of quotes that fit the sentiment. So the giver could copy one over in their own handwriting. The internet had loads of websites with quotes. Here is one of my favorites:
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/
Great discussion Ladies! I have the same problem - not always sure whether I should add a verse on the inside or not. I don't always add a sentiment on the outside because then I can use the card for anything really.

TThank you sooooooooo much Riette, I've marked that site and put it on my favorites list--didn't know such as site existed.

Thank you again.

Riette Gasser said:

I also leave mu cards blank inside and they do sell. I have a sentiment on the outside and that seems to be enough. I also think that handmade cards themselves are so special and a 'picture is worth a thousand words'. I have thought about including in the packaging of the card (card & envelope goes in zippy plastic bag) a sheet of quotes that fit the sentiment. So the giver could copy one over in their own handwriting. The internet had loads of websites with quotes. Here is one of my favorites:
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/
Hope all the good comments help, know it has helped me.

Madeleen Field said:
Great discussion Ladies! I have the same problem - not always sure whether I should add a verse on the inside or not. I don't always add a sentiment on the outside because then I can use the card for anything really.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service