stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I have been asked this question so much, I thought I would post my opinion here.

"What if I can only purchase a few markers, which ones should I choose?"

Even if you can only buy 10 markers, you can do a lot with them if you pick the right colors.
One of the worst mistakes you can make when starting out is to think that you should purchase 3 coordinating shades at a time if you are limited to the amount you can start with.

If all I had was three reds, three browns and three blues, what could I really color? Not much.

But, if I had 1 each of yellow, orange, red, green, blue, purple, brown, gray, skin tone and then purchased a blender pen- I can color anything. Here's why. You can color over and over the area for a darker shade, color just a little for a lighter shade and pick up color on your blender pen and use that as a lightest shade. Now, you have 27 colors!

Don't make the mistake of thinking that you need tons of varied shades per color family to begin.It will be far more enjoyable to color with a variety and to be able to fill in as you go.

This tomato was colored with only 3 markers and a blender pen- YR09- orange, YR15 Yellow, YG97 Spanish Olive and a blender pen.

Please keep in mind, I didn't put much time into this coloring, LOL! Just wanted to do a quick FYI.

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is great news to hear. I still haven't bought any copic markers yet. Reading a lot is making my decision come easier.
Thanks
Victoria
Two things on my list *to buy* Copic markers and REAL card stock from Gina K! I like to think of myself as Frugal (aka a cheap!) New Englander, so now I have this information on the Copics (which I printed out!) I will save my pennies for some of your wonderful card stock--I received a beautiful card from Janice W and I immediately knew she did not use the same inexpensive (cheap!) cs that I purchase. Your paper just feels so much nicer and should really add a new richness to my card making efforts. Thanks!
I think my next purchase needs to be a blender......
Great advise Gina, this will make things so much easier in the future.
Thanks Gina for the good advise. I have been wanting to buy some copic markers, but did not want to buy to many. Now I will have a good start. Thanks again.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service