stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I'm Looking for a Nestabilities Sandwich for Embossing Only

With all the talented people out there, I'm sure someone MUST have the answer.  Does anyone know the correct sandwich for Embossing Only, using the Nestabilities and a Big Kick?    I want to end up with the Nestie shape around the stamped image, withOUT layering.  I sure hope I'm describing this correctly.  Gina has a video using the Cuttlebug; but, that sandwich doesn't work with a BK.    

Thanks.............Natalie

Views: 565

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Natalie. I have a Big Kick machine and various Spellbinders dies. As far as I understand, the chemically etched dies from Spellbinders lets you cut AND emboss the design on your paper. I saw Stacey (the Spellbinder's demonstrator) embossed the top part of the paisley nestabilities without cutting the paper she used. The way she did it was to tuck the paper underneath the chemically etched blades instead of placing it on top of the die like we always would. I've never personally done this before. So, I suggest you try it on scratch paper first. GL!
Thanks, Leslie...I'm going to give it a try.  Do you remember which plates or embossing pads she used?  I think this will take a bit a experimentation....Natalie

Leslie Brown said:
Hi, Natalie. I have a Big Kick machine and various Spellbinders dies. As far as I understand, the chemically etched dies from Spellbinders lets you cut AND emboss the design on your paper. I saw Stacey (the Spellbinder's demonstrator) embossed the top part of the paisley nestabilities without cutting the paper she used. The way she did it was to tuck the paper underneath the chemically etched blades instead of placing it on top of the die like we always would. I've never personally done this before. So, I suggest you try it on scratch paper first. GL!

Well, she didn't use the BigKick when she was doing the demonstration that time, Natalie. She used the Spellbinder's hand-cranking machine. I don't have that. So, naturally she used the accessories that goes with it. For me, when I cut Spellbinder's dies on my BigKick, I'd make the sandwich from the bottom:

1. Sizzix Multi-Purpose Platform, Tab 1,

2. Spellbinders Magnetic Cutting Plate,

3. Spellbinder's die that I want to cut,

4. and just 1 pc of the Sizzix Clear Acrylic Cutting Plate.

To emboss Spellbinder's dies, my sandwich, from the bottom, would include:

1. the Sizzix Multi-Purpose Platform, Tab 1,

2. 1 pc of the Sizzix Clear Acrylic Cutting Plate (preferably the side that doesn't have too much cutting grooves on on),

3. the cut out image that's stuck to the Spellbinder's die,

4. Sizzix Silicone Pad,

5. Sizzix Texture Impressions Pad.

I used the Silicone and Texture Impressions Pad instead of the Spellbinder's Tanned Mats. If you have the Spellbinder's accessories, you still need to place either 1pc or a few pieces of scratch cardstock as a 'shimmy' to raise them when you feed the sandwich to the machine roller so that they'll get embossed. So, play around and experiment with your machine and accessories. I'm sure there are other ways to cut Spellbinder's using the Sizzix BigKick.

GL!

Leslie

I have not doe this technique as yet but hoping so once my labels die turns up. I have a Big Shot and had to google what a Big Kick looked like.

But I watched a lady on YT do it with a BS so here is her sandwich... I hope it helps :)

1. Tab 1

2. Cutting mat (Acrylicplate)

3. Tan Embossing mat (looks leathery but feels rubbery)

4. Paper

5. Die (blade side down)

6. Cutting mat (2nd acrylic plate)

I really hope this works and it is what you wanted to know ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service