stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I am in the process of attempting to organize my stamp sets. I have them in the stamp storage binders but I need to organize them so I can find the stamp(s) I want more easily than going through every binder as I have 18. So I am asking you,  How do you organize your stamps??

Here is a picture of my stamp shelf with paper inserts I cut out of 2 sheets of matching scrapbook paper. The first one contains spellbinder dies, and I need to add a second. ( I have extra inserts cut so I can continue to add more boxes)

Tags: organizing

Views: 5479

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I unmounted the stamps that were on wood then used goo be gone to get all the gunk off the back. I painted the backs with tacky glue then I put in notebooks 12*12 like a three ring scrapbook on pages that are top load with a piece of chip board and paper. I have them sorted by topic. Only thing left is to stamp the piece of paper with a sample image of each.

Tried binders, too cumbersome.  Tried bins, too disorganized.  I now take the white binder storage sheets (8-1/2 by 11) and on the front side, tape the image sheets for the stamps, and on the back, mount the stamps.  Those get put in a large white file bin, that sits on a shelf, and I can flip through at whim, pull out the sheet (s) I want, use them, and put them away. 5-6 GKD incentive/duos fit on one sheet, or two full stamp sets per sheet.

I can always see an image for every stamp, and if I want to use it, its right there...I dont have to go to another bin, box, drawer, or bi der to get it..

All of my wood mount stamps are thrown into drawers of a floor standing tool chest.  Havent found logic for those yet..

I have so many, I ran out of boxes, so now some are in boxes, some are in packaging in a box and others still on my desk, I seriously need an intervention, or atleast a professional organizer!!

Cindy, where do you get those binder sheets?  And do you slip the sheets into any sort of protective cover?

Cindy Horvath said:

Tried binders, too cumbersome.  Tried bins, too disorganized.  I now take the white binder storage sheets (8-1/2 by 11) and on the front side, tape the image sheets for the stamps, and on the back, mount the stamps.  Those get put in a large white file bin, that sits on a shelf, and I can flip through at whim, pull out the sheet (s) I want, use them, and put them away. 5-6 GKD incentive/duos fit on one sheet, or two full stamp sets per sheet.

I can always see an image for every stamp, and if I want to use it, its right there...I dont have to go to another bin, box, drawer, or bi der to get it..

All of my wood mount stamps are thrown into drawers of a floor standing tool chest.  Havent found logic for those yet..

I don't use any protective cover - that would drive me as nuts as the binders.  :)

The sheets are EZ Mount Stamp Storage sheets - I get them on Amazon for less than $4 a package for 5 8-1/2x11 sheets (I have Prime, and they're an Add On item, so that's why so cheap.  Otherwise I think they're about $5-6 a package).

The one thing I do is use the clear packaging GKD sends their stamps in as a protective cover for the stamp image sheet, and tape that on one side. Then the clear acetate sheets goes on the clear stamps to stop them from sticking to the next page.  All stored in a large uncovered plastic file box.  I can probably get 50 full sheets per box (I have 38 now, and probably another 6" of room, leaving 2" to flip thru).

Rubber stamps don't need anything, so I don't bother.  If that doesn't make sense, I can try to post a pic here once my camera battery is finished charging.

Cindy Horvath said:

I don't use any protective cover - that would drive me as nuts as the binders.  :)

The sheets are EZ Mount Stamp Storage sheets - I get them on Amazon for less than $4 a package for 5 8-1/2x11 sheets (I have Prime, and they're an Add On item, so that's why so cheap.  Otherwise I think they're about $5-6 a package).

Please do put up a picture. What you are doing sounds like a good idea to me. Thanks.

The one thing I do is use the clear packaging GKD sends their stamps in as a protective cover for the stamp image sheet, and tape that on one side. Then the clear acetate sheets goes on the clear stamps to stop them from sticking to the next page.  All stored in a large uncovered plastic file box.  I can probably get 50 full sheets per box (I have 38 now, and probably another 6" of room, leaving 2" to flip thru).

Rubber stamps don't need anything, so I don't bother.  If that doesn't make sense, I can try to post a pic here once my camera battery is finished charging.

Would love to see a photo Cindy when you get time and the camera back working. The box sounds like I might like that for future storage so a picture of that too.

Ok.. Second times the charm.. Hopefully this works...

Attachments:

This is great, Cindy!  Thanks so much for the pictures.  What do you do with the smaller binder sheets that Gina sends with her stamp sets?  Can they be used for something else?

I subscribe to SU's Paper Pumpkin, so I use them for those stamps, and keep those in a box, since they're small, and there aren't that many of them.

Those sheets look like Gina's binders only larger. Thanks for the pictures.

Thanks for the pictures. This looks like a great system. I've been trying to come up with a new storage plan and I have some of those sheets.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service