stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hi everyone.

First, I want to say I am sorry for taking so long to let you all know what has been going on with me. I didn’t expect that I would be away so long. Partly, that was me overestimating my own ability to keep up with the things I love to do while dealing with the health issues I am having.  I really thought I could just scale back a bit and no one would even know I was sick.

So, to let you all know, late last March I found a lump, which, after scans and a biopsy, was discovered to be breast cancer. I got the diagnosis in June and had a lumpectomy in July. During surgery it was discovered that the cancer was also present in two lymph nodes, so that means I needed chemotherapy.  I started 5 months of chemo in late August and should finish up in January.  After a few weeks off, I’ll have radiation therapy, probably starting about the beginning of February.

That was the bad news. The good news is, despite being in my lymph nodes, it was caught early and considered early stage.  I am expected to make a great recovery and have very good odds for a long healthy life. I just have to get through the yucky stuff first.  

I am very lucky to have amazing support from my husband, daughter, mom and sister. They’ve been with me through everything.  Gina and the team have been endlessly supportive. When I think of what so many people with this kind of disease have to deal with, I can’t help but count my blessings to have such an amazing support system and dream job to come back to.

I miss making cards and drawing so much and I really miss chatting at parties.  I promise to be back to posting when I can. 

Thanks so much for the concern, well wished and beautiful cards! 

Views: 1021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for sharing this with us,  I am glad you are almost through with the kemo and that you will soon be on the road to complete recovery. You have been missed. 

My thoughts and prayers on their way to you.  Take your time to recover and don't worry we are not going anywhere.

Theresa, you know we all are pulling for you!!! Thanks for sharing how you are, please keep us posted. The news that you are expected to make a good and lasting recovery are the best that we could hope for. Good thoughts going your way, and also lots of prayers. Hang in there - we all miss you and look forward to when you will be back with us again!!!!

Many prayers and well wishes to you.  Jacqueline

Theresa, Lots of love and hugs for you!  You will be back to our waiting arms before too long!

....Karen

Sorry for your illness. I hope and pray everything goes well with you. You have been missed.

Darlene

Prayers and blessings Theresa to you, your family and all those who are helping you. We miss you

Theresa! I'm so sorry you're going through this. Thank you for letting us know -- we've been wondering what happened to you! I pray you have a good recovery. Please stay positive and do all you can to help yourself get better. You're in my thoughts & prayers.

Theresa, so sorry that you have been going through this.  I was wondering why you were absent for so long.  I'm glad that you are recovering and look forward to seeing your work again.

I am so sorry that you have had to go through this but I am glad you have the support of family and friends. You have been missed by many of us here on the message board. I having been praying for you

God's Blessings,

Kathleen

Thanks for all your encouragement and kind words! <3 HUGS!

So worried that we haven't seen you in a while, BUT thankful that the prognosis is positive and that the disease was caught early enough. Sending you heartfelt prayers for a speedy recovery.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service