stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Many of you will know this, but I just re-discovered an important truth:  Not all card stock is the same!  And especially when it comes to heat embossing, the result can be dissappointing!  I ran out of Gina's heavy base weight and ran to Michael's to get some.  It felt okay, and I began using it.  I was very surprised that my embossing looked awful, and I couldn't make sense of it.  I then tried again with a left-over scrap of Gina's heavy base weight.  The difference was striking!  See for yourself:

Views: 456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great, Colleen!  Would love to see some of that.  I'just purchased some UTEE and haven't had a chance to use it yet.

colleen grzeskowiak said:

Gabi - I haven't used the GKD cardstock or embossing powder yet but I have also found a distinctly different result between Michael's/Staples/GC Moore cardstock versus the Stampin Up cardstock I bought before discovering GKD. I've also learned that "detail" EP gives a better result. I have also used ultra thick EP with some of my "chunkier" stamps. It gives a good raised effect.  I'll try to post some of the cards I made with the ultra thick. It's well-suited if you're heat embossing on a paper with some texture, like the Strathmore deckle-edged watercolor cards.

Good advice, I thought I had forgot a step!

Thanks

There is nothing like Gina's card stock. I have oodles of some in my cupboards that are not as good a quality and I should use them up but I seem to always grab Gina's. I did not realize the difference in the embossing was so noticeable but thanks for showing me differently. And, I lots of times mix EP's but if I do I put them in a small plasitc bag or a different container. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service