stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Smiley from millan.net

We know the GKD Grab Bags are SUPER duper fun and have a fabulous assortment of stamps!!!  But sometimes we may already have a stamp or two that are in our Grab Bag.  What to do?  Well if you would like....you can see if other members may have the same thing going on. 

So here is a swap thread.  This will be for Gina K. stamps ONLY that you would like to swap or give away.  There are no rules here.....just post what you have and then if you would like to swap with someone you will arrange it between the two of you.  Let each other know what country you're in so that you're aware of possible mailing costs.

If you have any questions, also feel free to ask and I'm sure someone will jump in with an answer....I'll also keep an ear on the thread.

Have fun swapping stamps and getting inky!!!!!

Views: 3221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm afraid if we do grab bags, we'll get more duplicate stamps, don't you? 

Crafty Math Chick said:

So, do folks want to keep the fun going by creating grab bags of images and sentiments to trade and be surprised?
Or are folks more looking for one-to-one specific image trades?

Thoughts? 

I just thought it would be fun to follow this kind of idea because I like surprises and thought doing an ISO (in search of) format might be too complicated.  We could have different categories like the 5-7 images with 7-5 sentiments like Gina does, and 3 images with 3 sentiments, or just do specific stamp for specific stamp swaps list what we want and what we have to trade (listing the images & the titles of the sets they are from) - whatever everyone prefers...

Regina Hardy said:

I'm afraid if we do grab bags, we'll get more duplicate stamps, don't you? 

Crafty Math Chick said:

So, do folks want to keep the fun going by creating grab bags of images and sentiments to trade and be surprised?
Or are folks more looking for one-to-one specific image trades?

Thoughts? 

What everyone prefers is how I feel too. 

i would prefer listing what we want to swap - don't know that I have that many stamps/images to swap at one time....just my two cents (-:

Same here Linda.  :)

linda payne said:

i would prefer listing what we want to swap - don't know that I have that many stamps/images to swap at one time....just my two cents (-:

Thanks for doing this Lee. What a wonderful idea!

IDK... first, I thought if folks start listing the images they are looking for this thread will get REALLY LONG and difficult to scroll through and that it will get outdated pretty quickly as people acquire the ones on their wishlist - I don't know how practical it will be to scroll through a long thread looking to see if someone has a stamp you want and you have one they want in return.  Also, I fear designers' feelings will be hurt if they see that we are trading particular images in their sets that they put their efforts into creating for us, and I would never want to offend anyone because I think all of Gina's illustrators are terrific.  And like I said before, I like the element of surprise too.  That's just me.  :)

I personally would never split up any set I have, but the swap from the grab bags is a great idea :-)

I don't think you need to worry about hurting feelings.......I believe most of the time the swapping will be because of owning duplicate images from having a mix of full sets and grab bags.  And if it is because you just aren't into the image, just don't admit that!!! LOL  ;)  But seriously.....the Illustrators are so busy they won't be popping in to keep tabs on this thread.....I promise!!!  Just feel free to swap away!!!  Here's how you might do that....just list the first 10 or so images/sentiments that you'd like to swap.  If you don't know or can't find what set an image or sentiment comes from send me a pm and I'll find it for you.  Your list could look like this:

Image: 3 strawberries from Enjoy The Sunshine

Sentiment: Tweet Thing from Falling For You

And so on.......I think if you keep your lists to 10 or so and as you swap post an updated on it will keep them from getting too long and not being able to find them .   IF this group gets really big and active I will set up your own group and you'll be able to create and edit your own lists.

So far if I get duplicates, I pass them on to my daughter. So unless she gets the same images I would not be swapping any of mine on this listing group. And, she would do the same by giving me her extras provided I didn't have them. And, sometimes I get involved in a Secret Santa swap around Christmas and I think what better than to include these beautiful images in my gift bag. Always nice to spread Gina K. Designs images around so others can see what a quality item they are.

I would never split my sets up either as Alex said but I thought I lost a few and bought them again and then found the ones I thought I lost so I now have a few duplicates.  These are the only ones I would want to swap.  So, what's the best way to do this? 

If anyone ever has duplicates of:

1) The little mouse image from Spring Mix Stamp set (from the past Stamp TV kit),

2) The little snowman from Theresa's Celebrate the Season set, or

3) any of Melanie's baskets

please PM me and see if we can work out a trade for them.  Thanks!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service