stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Happy Friday! I’m excited to kick off your weekend with a fun Free For All Friday Challenge!  The name of the challenge is called Sew Sentimentally Embossed.

Here is the challenge: 

• Create a card or project where a sentiment is the focal point. You can use other images, but the sentiment must the thing that stands out.
  • Your card or project must have some sewing (can be hand or machine)
  • Your card or project must have some embossing (can either be dry or wet embossing).

Here is my card.

I thought it would be fun to include not just one, but two different types of embossing. For the challenge you only need to do one, but I wanted to combine both to see what it looked like. I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and then ran it through my die cutting machine with the embossing folder. I tied a piece of ribbon towards the bottom and sew it all onto a piece of patterned paper. It went quite fast and really gives it a fun look.

To play along please create and upload a new card or project for this challenge and it can only be entered into this one challenge here on Stamp TV. To be eligible for a chance to win a FREE stamp set from Gina K. Designs valued up to $24.95. If you use Gina K. Designs stamps, your name will go into the drawing twice.

You have until Thursday, September 8 at 8 pm Central to upload your entry.  Please use the keyword STVFRICB2 as the tag when uploading to the gallery.

You can see all these challenge entries here:  STVFRICB2.

Views: 643

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Sew Easy kits are so fun...excited to see what you come up with!

Regina Hardy said:
Ive been wanting to try the Sew Easy kit that I bought months ago.  I'm new at card making so I don't have a whole lot of confidence yet.  May participate in this one though.  :)

Here is my failed attempt at this challenge...I forgot to add a sentiment, the flutterbye took me about an hour to punch the holes and string the ribbon so I am posting it even though my name won't go in the drawing!

I got this idea from Goulda's card that she handstitched on cardstock, I used chipboard and punched the holes using the larger size Cropadile.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service