stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Happy Friday! I’m excited to kick off your weekend with a fun Free For All Friday Challenge!  The name of the challenge is called Sew Sentimentally Embossed.

Here is the challenge: 

• Create a card or project where a sentiment is the focal point. You can use other images, but the sentiment must the thing that stands out.
  • Your card or project must have some sewing (can be hand or machine)
  • Your card or project must have some embossing (can either be dry or wet embossing).

Here is my card.

I thought it would be fun to include not just one, but two different types of embossing. For the challenge you only need to do one, but I wanted to combine both to see what it looked like. I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and then ran it through my die cutting machine with the embossing folder. I tied a piece of ribbon towards the bottom and sew it all onto a piece of patterned paper. It went quite fast and really gives it a fun look.

To play along please create and upload a new card or project for this challenge and it can only be entered into this one challenge here on Stamp TV. To be eligible for a chance to win a FREE stamp set from Gina K. Designs valued up to $24.95. If you use Gina K. Designs stamps, your name will go into the drawing twice.

You have until Thursday, September 8 at 8 pm Central to upload your entry.  Please use the keyword STVFRICB2 as the tag when uploading to the gallery.

You can see all these challenge entries here:  STVFRICB2.

Views: 643

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's kind of funny that both the challenges this week are about having a sentiment as the center.  Your card is quite nice with so many different techniques going on.
Oh this is a challenge, well this will be my first sew on card....I need to think!
I know, so weird how it worked out that way...

Golda said:
It's kind of funny that both the challenges this week are about having a sentiment as the center.  Your card is quite nice with so many different techniques going on.
You can also hand sew if that's easier...looking forward to seeing your card!

Rosanne Sahai said:
Oh this is a challenge, well this will be my first sew on card....I need to think!
Ok, I am going to try this...I am horrible at sewing at clothes, can't imagine how I will do with paper....but thats why these are called challenges....right???? Now just remember, we are all friends here.....SO NO LAUGHING;-} LOL Can't wait to give it a try, I've been wanting to try sewing on a card thanks for the kick in the butt.
Sure! It's a type of sewing...sort of!

nicke goodwin said:
WOW chicken this is beautiful bit im not that much of a sew'er but i like a challenge can it be faux sewing hehe
You're so funny Tammy! It's all for fun and looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Tammy Andrzejczak said:
Ok, I am going to try this...I am horrible at sewing at clothes, can't imagine how I will do with paper....but thats why these are called challenges....right???? Now just remember, we are all friends here.....SO NO LAUGHING;-} LOL Can't wait to give it a try, I've been wanting to try sewing on a card thanks for the kick in the butt.
Thanks for the push, Carolina.  I needed to try sewing on a card again-since I haven't had much luck before. I think it turned out halfway decent this time. HERE is my card.
@ Karen so modest! :)
I have never sewn on a card...but I sew clothing all the time!  This should be interesting!  Thanks for the challenge.
Gorgeous card Carolina!  I might just have to dust off the sewing machine and give this a try! 
Good ideas? Gonna have to put some extra thought into it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service