stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hi everyone,

I am so excited to be your host this week, thanks Lori :)

P.S. this is also my first time hosting too!!

I am a Aussie GKD fan / StampTV member, at the moment it is spring here on the other side of the world, we dont celebrate halloween or Thanksgiving (much to my disappointment growing up). And our Christmas is in Summer and usually spent swimming in the pool after opening presents.

This week I have been thinking of what kind of challenge to do that can represent: opposite or reverse or backwards, in keeping with this opposite, other side of the world, different theme. And I think I have found it or close to it anyway.

This weeks challenge is to create a backward layer card........what I mean is create a recessed image card or recessed window card or even use the negative area from a die cut, to create that tunnel feel rather than a telescope appearance. It can be a card of any theme, any colour, any embellishments etc as long as there is more than one layer.

Gina has a video on a recessed image card here

And here are my examples.....

My first card:

Card base: white 120lb GKD cardstock

Layers: GKD Black Onyx carstock and Turquoise Sea cardstock.

Image: Butterflies from GKD "A year of borders" stamp set, inked with memento tuxedo black ink onto the white card base and coloured with copic markers BG45, BG49, and highlight with Sakura clear star gellyroll pen.

Sentiment: from GKD Birthday greetings stamp set, inked with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto turquoise sea cardstock - that was embossed with Swiss dots cuttlebug folder.

"windows" were cut from small square spellbinders nestabilities (larger one for the blue cardstock than the black).

Embellishments: light blue grosgrain ribbon.

Second card:

Card base: black onyx GKD cardstock

Layers: GKD Black Onyx carstock and Red Hot cardstock, white cardstock

Images: Background sponged with memento green inks - pear tart, bamboo leaves & new sprout, image is from GKD "Joyful Holiday" stamp set, inked with memento bamboo leaves ink onto the white card base.
Trees - stamped on white cardstock with Memento tuxedo black ink from stamp set GKD "The magic of Christmas" coloured with copic markers and fussy cut out.
Baubles - stamped on white cardstock with Memento tuxedo black ink from stamp set GKD "The magic of Christmas" coloured with copic markers and fussy cut out.

Sentiment: from GKD "The Magic of Christmas" stamp set, inked with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto white vellum.

"window" was cut from Spellbinder A2 matting basic dies

Last card:

Card base: white GKD cardstock  

Layers: GKD Red Hot cardstock and GKD designer paper from the new "Blizzard" paper pack

Images: from GKD "Holiday Cheer" stamp set, inked with versamark ink & embossed with ranger holographic embossing power onto the inside of the white card base. The background sponged with Angel pink and Lady bug memento inks using the negative of the spellbinder 2012 Heirloom ornament die. Snowflakes stamped with london fog memento ink.  

"window" was cut using the negative of the spellbinder 2012 Heirloom ornament die. And clear acetate with placed over the window.

Embellishments: doodlebug christmas twine. Corners rounded with corner chopper

Ok, it's your turn now, have fun and enjoy!  Please note the rules below:

The deadline for this challenge is Thursday November 8th at 8:00 pm CT.  One week following your challenge one of the Mods will pick a winner and post in the Big News section on Stamp TV.

Here is a link to the gallery for this challenge:

STV12FRI32

Tags: STV12FRI32

Views: 800

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sally congrats on hosting.  Great challenge.  Your cards are beautiful I especially like the 1st one.

Gorgeous cards Sally!  We lost power for 3 days with Sandy, then internet, prepping for a craft fair, sinus infection with drs office with no power.................its been one long week.  My son just got his power after 6 days.  Thankfully we don't have the devastation that NJ and NY has.  So sad!  Hoping to get back to challenges.  This is a great challenge!  Thanks for hosting!

Beautiful, mate!  I haven't tried these techniques but I will work on them.  Great challenge!

Congrats on your first host!! Love your cards!

what a fun challenge!  your samples are gorgeouus!  thanks for  hosting for us this week!

Help!  I have not participated in a challenge in a while..I posted my card but it is not showing up in this gallery.  What have I done wrong?  Here is the card

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/owl-miss-you-3

Thanks for any help!

I looked at your tag. You put a 1 instead of an I. It should read STV12FRI32 not 132 at the end. I hope you can understand what I mean. So just change your tag and it should be in the gallery just fine.

Trish Klemann said:

Help!  I have not participated in a challenge in a while..I posted my card but it is not showing up in this gallery.  What have I done wrong?  Here is the card

Thanks for any help!

Oh - I get it!  Thanks so much Verna!

Verna Angerhofer said:

I looked at your tag. You put a 1 instead of an I. It should read STV12FRI32 not 132 at the end. I hope you can understand what I mean. So just change your tag and it should be in the gallery just fine.

Trish Klemann said:

Thanks for any help!

I just took a look at all the entries to this challenge and they are all so fabulous. This is such a great technique. I do hope everyone that participated will be able to see this post, because I am so greatful to receive comments whenever I have a chance to enter a challenge and I would just love to give everyone feedback on their wonderful creations. Unfortunately, I find myself divided between using the little time (and engergy) I do have to make cards or to look at what everyone has done and send words of thanks for inspiring me. You see, I am learning to live with fibromyalgia and still work a 40 hour week, so I pick and choose my activities depending on my level of pain or energy. I love this craft of ours because it helps me forget my pain or fatigue. Thanks to everyone who has sent me words of congratulations for my 37th wedding anniversary. I am totally thankful for this wonderful community and I want everyone to know this. Have a wonderfully creative day. Sylvia

I finally got up the nerve to do another two steps back card. This time I made one for my grandson's birthday. Here is my Zebra Birthday card.

Hi all......challenge is now over. I had a great time trying to come up with a theme for my first ever challenge and loved looking at all the creations. I wanted to thank all those who participated and wish you all luck for the grab bag. Also want to thanks all the looked in on the challenge and either commented about a great concept. To all those who were unable to take part in this week due to the "Sandy" I hope to see you all back here on the Stamp TV challenges real soon. And hope that all were safe. To those that struggled with the technique (as I did too), I think we did great and is was suppose to be easy it wouldnt be a challenge.

Looking forward to this weeks friday challenge and hope to see you all join in like I will be.

Thanks for participating in this weeks challenge and i hope you enjoyed it :) 

Sally~x~o~

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service