stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Happy Friday and welcome to another Free For All Friday Challenge here at StampTV!!  I couldn't think of a better way than to end the week than with a fun challenge. My inspiration for this challenge came from the amazing weather we've been having here in California, so hope you like it

My challenge is called Lazy Summer Days. Here are the details:

1. Create a CAS (Clean and Simple) card.
  2. The theme should be "Summer".
  3. You can stamp your image but don't color it in. This means you can't use any coloring tools - no Copics, no markers, no color pencils, no crayons, no chalks, etc. This is where the "Lazy" comes in!

Here's what I came up with using an image and sentiment from the Vintage Chic Stamp TV set.

Here are the steps to recreate my card:
  1. Stamp the sentiment and greeting with black ink on white card stock.
  2. Using rectangle dies on green card stock, create the frame and adhered it to the stamped image. Set it aside.
  3. Create a standard size card, 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" and run the bottom section of the card front through the diamond corrugator.
  4. Tie a strip of ribbon towards the bottom of the card front, add a bow, and slip a butterfly pin through the knot.
  5. Add frame to the middle of card front and finish it off with a pearl swirl.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with...I just know the gallery will be filled with amazing cards and projects!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please create and upload a new project for this challenge and it can only be entered into this challenge here on StampTV to be eligible for a prize. However, you can use it for challenges outside of StampTV. If you use Gina K. Designs stamps, your name will go into the drawing twice.

You have until Thursday, August 4 at 8 pm Central to upload your entry.  Please use the keyword STVFRICB1 for your tag for this challenge.  

You can see the gallery for this challenge here:

STVFRICB1

Tags: STVFRICB1

Views: 449

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This was much harder than I thought it would be as I wanted to add color with markers, chalk or something automatically. But I like this image and figured it would work great with this design I did. Here is my entry: http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/enjoy-the-sunshine-41?context=user
I just did a second card for this challenge. The first one was neither summery or fun. Hope this one does it.
I'd love to see a card with what summer is for you!

Anne Marie Phillips said:
It's alright for you over there. You ought to try our British weather!!!! My summer card would need an umbrella on it!!
Piecing is for sure allowed - love the way you think!!!

Verna Angerhofer said:
I might be able to handle this one. And, I love your card. Oh, is piecing allowed? Probably not, I am suspecting.
Thanks Alex and I did not make the pin. These adorable butterflies already come like this they're made by Jillibean Soup.

Alex Turner said:
Lovely card Carolina, Did you make the pin?
Thanks all for the sweet comments on my card and glad you like the challenge! I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. I'm off to check out the gallery and hope you all have a great Saturday!
Not fabulous, but here's my lazy card (it took me about 5 minutes, maybe 10 with coming up with images to use).

I was almost too lazy and content to get started but I finally decided on Tami's sailboat from Oh Boy stamp set.  Although I'm not a sailor, I do enjoy watching sailboats letting the wind and waves take them through the water.  If I would have had an innertube or raft stamps, that would have been me in a pool.....anyway here's my card.

The clouds and waves are Echo Park's Summer Days paper pad and the color on the sail boat was paper pieced....not Colored!!! 

Here is my card for the challenge.

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/summer-fun-85?context=user

Joan

Since this is my first card for the the Friday challenge I'm not sure if this is where I post it so here it is as well as on my home page ...tfl

no coloring only stickles were used on the drums and sponged my edges...

Neat card....great in the browns.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service