stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hey ya'll!  I'm back with another challenge for ya'll!  This challenge will kick off a new challenge that we will have once a month, on our regular challenge days of Monday or Fridays, and it is called CASE the DT!  I will give you one of the DT's name, along with a link to their gallery here on StampTV and you can choose ANY card of theirs to CASE.  Just tell us which card, either by giving us the title of the card you CASEd or the link to the actual card of the DT member we are doing that week.   There are a few simple rules to this and they are:

1.  You need to change 2 or more things on the card.  Colors, image used, add more bling, take away bling, etc....

2.  You will need to provide the title of the card or a link to the card that you CASEd.

3.   Have fun!!  :D

Up first is the awesomely talented AJ!! Here is the link to AJ's Gallery:

AJ's Gallery

I LOVE AJ's Clean and Simple style!   Here is my card that I did for an example:

And here is AJ's card that I CASEd:

(you do not have to show the actual image of the card you CASE of AJ's...just the link or the title to it!)

And you MUST CASE AJ, no other DT or Gina, just AJ! 

I basically followed the layout of AJ's card.  I changed the image used, colors, and added a bit more bling! Super fun!

Can't wait to see what wonderful creations you all do!   And now for the small print, lol!

Please create and upload a new project for this challenge and it can only be entered into this challenge here on StampTV to be eligible for a prize. However, you can use it for challenges outside of StampTV. If you use Gina K. Designs stamps, your name will go into the drawing twice.

Be sure and have your projected uploaded to our gallery here on StampTV using the tag STVFRICT3by 8:00PM CST Thursday, June 30th (release party night! yay!).

You can see all of the entries  HERE!!

Views: 163

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

What a fabulous and fun challenge this is going to be.  I love the kick-off DT....AJ.

I "copied" Celebrate in Style, I must say VERY loosely, but I got the ribbon in the similar place at least.

here is mine http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/wedding-celebration

Here is her's

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/celebrate-in-style-143?context=user

Everyone's card are really beautiful.  AJ's card is simple and stylish.  I feel quite guilt that I don't have any Gina K Design stamps, but I have a wish list a mile long.

Here is AJ's Card

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/friend-117?context=user

and this is mine.  I really l like both stamps they are great for any occasion  The shoe always needs a bit of colour so it's not just a couple of colours.

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/friends-shoes?xg_source=activity

OMG!!! I just read to the bottom of Cat's Challenge.....there's a release on June 30th.....OMG!!!!

Great Challenge Cat.  It was a hard time chosing one card from AJ's fantastic gallery but I decided to go with her "What would you do card.  Here's AJ's beautiful card.

I switched out the colors, greeting and used a background stamp instead of the patterned paper.  Here's my card and hope you like it.  I cut out the two larger sizes of the Labels 16 but needed to ink the base one with the Bahama Blue ink pad.  Love that color but no cardstock to match it unless I missed it...hint hint.

Here's my entry which I cased from AJ's "So Very Sorry" card  

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/so-very-sorry-5?context=user

Carol B

Finally figured out how to load my photo and tag it.  Man slow internet isn't much fun.  Ok so this is my first entry to the cahllenges so I kept it VERY simple.  I cased AJs "You make my heart bloom".  I changed many things so I hope changing two things was minimum.  :)  Used two sets of GK stamps, winter wonderland and say it with flowers.

Melissa

Attachments:

Thank you for your help on this Cat !!!  Once you directed me to the video, I vaguely remember seeing this sometime ago ( of course, I watch all of the video's) but never did anything with it because at the time I did not have a Cuttlebug.  I have just recently purchased one and am slowly buying some Nestabilities Dies and embossing folders.  I love all of them so it is pretty hard to just choose a few -- still fairly new to all of this so I am learning.  Love making cards but have a hard time squeezing the time in to do so.  Thanks everyone for all of your help and keep on making the beautiful cards!!!!

Cat, GKD DT/Moderator said:

Hiya Shannon!  Spellbinders do have what they call they Grand Labels 8 nestabilities now, but I did not use that.  I just used the regular Labels 8 nestabilities and cut two base shapes and then scored on the very top edge of the back one and then used a strong adhesive, like Scor-tape, to hold them together.  Gina actually did a video on this very thing and here is the link to that video:

Making Shaped Cards

Hope this helps!  Just let me know if you need any more help! 
Shannon Kiser said:

Love the shaped cards.  I have this Spellbinder die, but how do you make a card out of it?  Do you cut 2 individual pieces and glue together or what?  Help.

See you at the release party?    :D

Gayle Chrvala said:
OMG!!! I just read to the bottom of Cat's Challenge.....there's a release on June 30th.....OMG!!!!
Here is my card:  AJ's Guitar  based on AJ's card called Friendosaurus.  I kept her CAS sketch and changed the colors, the image and sentiment and added some rhinestones.
You are so loved back AJ...The masculine look is what appealed to me.   Thank you for sharing!  Used different cord & attempted to color to coordinate.  No underlying stamp and the water look is rubber-banded brayer (1st attempt). Used Happy Birthday stamp.
Attachments:

Here's my card....gotta make sure I CASE all my girls!!! LOL

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/a-snowy-case?context=featured

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service