stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

am delighted to be your hostess for this week’s Friday Challenge and I can assure you that it was by sure coincidence that it just so happens to be my Birthday today (10th)!!  I’m 29 again!!! {wink wink}  So won’t you join me in celebrating?  Since my theme was chosen for me strictly by accident...I thought I would just run with it.  My challenge to you is to make a card, scrapbook page or project using the Birthday theme, but that’s to simple right???  Let’s challenge ourselves a wee bit more and incorporate a shape or shapes into your work.  Either a square, circle, triangle, rectangle or any other shape you would like to use. Just make sure the shape or shapes are very obvious, hence more than one of them.  

You can see the Gallery Here STV12FRI23

Here are my examples:  The first one was made with the Stamp Set Inspiration Mosaic.  I don't know if you can tell, but the background stamp is nothing but squares and rectangles and I paper pieced a few for dimension.

The second card I chose to use 3 rectangles as my shape. The flowers are from my first Grab bag that I ever won here on STAMP TV!  I have looked and looked till I went cross eyed and can't find the stamp set anywhere ( insert sad face).  The sentiment is also from Inspiration Mosaic.  I used colored pencil on the flowers.  The bow I promise is Purple...not Blue as the photo shows! UGH!

Now the important details!

Please create and upload a new project for this challenge. You may not link a previous card/project.  There is no combining of Stamp TV challenges allowed to be eligible to win a prize.  However, you can combine it with challenges outside of Stamp TV.  And remember you don't have to use Gina K. Designs stamps, but if you do your name will go into the drawing twice! 

The deadline for this challenge is Thursday August 16th at 8:00 pm CT.

Can't wait to see what you Creative Tykes come up with!

Nancy

Tags: STV12FRI23

Views: 775

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks everyone for all your Birthday Wishes!  Just got home and can't believe how many people already made cards for the challenge!  YAH!!!  It was a good day!  I am now looking at Stamp TV from a 27 inch iMac!  Happy Birthday to me!!!  Teehee!

Sharon, Thanks for your sweet comment!  If you click on the galleries tab at the top of the page there is a choice at the bottom of the list that will appear...it says "How to Upload a photo."  Hope that helps!  If not let me know!

Sharon Hughes said:

Happy Birthday Nancy, hope you have the best 29th birthday ever this year since that is one of the best birthday years ever.

Great challenge, but I will be out of town next week, so will try to work on next week challenge. I am still trying to figure out how to upload my entries into the gallery. Please some one email me and explain it to me that would be awesome. Thanks.

>>>>>Big Birthday Cake>>>>>>For Nancy Oh don't forget to blow out the candles (29 Wink)

What bold and uplifting colors you chose! Love the design and flowers, too!

Thanks Nancy I will check out the How to Upload a photo. I usually do not use a camera to take a picture of the card. I use a scanner is there any difference. What size should the photo be so because I can resize it there and what format do you perfer, jpeg, gif, tiff, psp, bmp, or wmf. I use several photo editing programs so that I can incorporate them into a word document or pdf if need be.

Nancy Leppek said:

Sharon, Thanks for your sweet comment!  If you click on the galleries tab at the top of the page there is a choice at the bottom of the list that will appear...it says "How to Upload a photo."  Hope that helps!  If not let me know!

Sharon Hughes said:

Happy Birthday Nancy, hope you have the best 29th birthday ever this year since that is one of the best birthday years ever.

Great challenge, but I will be out of town next week, so will try to work on next week challenge. I am still trying to figure out how to upload my entries into the gallery. Please some one email me and explain it to me that would be awesome. Thanks.

>>>>>Big Birthday Cake>>>>>>For Nancy Oh don't forget to blow out the candles (29 Wink)

Happy b'day and such cute cards:)

BTW that stamp on your 2nd card is from Winter Wonderland--which I love!  :)

http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=964&categ...

I love both your cards the first one is so fun. The second card is so pretty, Can't wait to play and see what everyone designs.

Here is my card for this challenge ~_^

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/birthday-with-a-twist-1-1

I sent in a card for the challenge which was a birthday card but on the outside it didn't say Happy Birthday.  I can show you the inside.  Will that  count against my entering your challenge?

Happy belated birthday, Nancy! Hope it was great.  : )   Your cards are so pretty; fun challenge! 

These are gorgeous Nancy!  Great job!

Yes Cheryl!   No worries!!!  :)

Cheryl said:

I sent in a card for the challenge which was a birthday card but on the outside it didn't say Happy Birthday.  I can show you the inside.  Will that  count against my entering your challenge?

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service