stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I am unhappy with the results of foiling the toner printed sentiments and snowflake card stock I purchased from Gina k designs. Tried the scotch brand laminator I had and didn't like the results. Too many spots didn't take the foil. Then I bought the laminator Gina used on her video. Ran the foil and snowflake card stock through 3 and 4 times, right side up, upside down, 3mil setting, 5mil setting, added a shim, used parchment paper as a transfer, used no transfer, used iCraft foil and Heidi Swapp. Could not get rid of the black toner spots. Any ideas on what else I can try?

Views: 952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will remember that when I get the Royal Sovereign one. The other one always showed me when the light turned green that it was ready. But it was not a heating issue with it, but the fact it would not feed. 
Gina Krupsky said:

ALWAYS make sure to let the laminator hear up about 30 minutes prior to running the first piece through.

Verna, I had a $16 one also. It just up and quit! Wouldn't do anything! I got the mini mink and am waiting for my new Happy Mail! Tomorrow I hope. Have plenty of supplies, just want the new ones! Haha! Have fun, love the cards in the hop!

Good luck on your new one. I guess I had mine long enough to know I like the foiling a great deal so bought lots more supplies for it. So I feel I have to get me a new laminator. 

Diana Scott said:

Verna, I had a $16 one also. It just up and quit! Wouldn't do anything! I got the mini mink and am waiting for my new Happy Mail! Tomorrow I hope. Have plenty of supplies, just want the new ones! Haha! Have fun, love the cards in the hop!

Right, but just a reminder that the green light doesn't mean it's ready when it comes to foil. Heat it up for about 25-30 minutes no matter what the light says. :)

Verna Angerhofer said:

I will remember that when I get the Royal Sovereign one. The other one always showed me when the light turned green that it was ready. But it was not a heating issue with it, but the fact it would not feed. 
Gina Krupsky said:

ALWAYS make sure to let the laminator hear up about 30 minutes prior to running the first piece through.

I will wait 30 minutes. They don't give instructions for foiling so it is good you know the ins and outs of it. I think I ordered the same as yours..RS CL-1223. And, we discovered the motor went out on my old laminator. I should have a new one by Tuesday if all goes well. 
Gina Krupsky said:

Right, but just a reminder that the green light doesn't mean it's ready when it comes to foil. Heat it up for about 25-30 minutes no matter what the light says. :)

Verna Angerhofer said:

Gina Krupsky said:

Perfect! Have fun!! :)

Verna Angerhofer said:

I will wait 30 minutes. They don't give instructions for foiling so it is good you know the ins and outs of it. I think I ordered the same as yours..RS CL-1223. And, we discovered the motor went out on my old laminator. I should have a new one by Tuesday if all goes well. 
Gina Krupsky said:

Verna Angerhofer said:

Gina Krupsky said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service