stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Is there a tutorial on how to use the "leftover" foil after making a card?

Views: 390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Cindy, I think you are right, if you use toner sheets you will basically have a black and whatever colour foil you have used type image if that makes sense. x

Cindy Miller said:

Cat love your cards, was wandering when you used the leftover did you say you used spray adhesive? Would like mine on white paper like yours but if I use the toner sheets the images not foiled will be black, right?
Cindy, I have used the sticky paper. You peel off and place the Foil on the sticky side which is white, then peel off the backing and place on card stock. You can then die cut,etc. I found if you peel up just a bit, start the Foil and smooth it down as you remove the top paper is easier. I did this for Christmas cards last year. I tried spray glue and found it difficult. Once it sticks, it is stuck! Haha! Actually once Foil sticks to anything sticky, it is permanent. You can't reposition it! Got the double sided sticky paper in the on-line store.
Thank you ladies! Will play around and see how it goes, appreciate your help!

yes, you would have black toner.  This is using like you said, white card stock, a spritz of adhesive and then just laying the left over foil on top.  I wanted mine to look like this, NOT complete coverage. 
Cindy Miller said:

Cat love your cards, was wandering when you used the leftover did you say you used spray adhesive? Would like mine on white paper like yours but if I use the toner sheets the images not foiled will be black, right?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service