stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hi

I am fairly new to the Stamp TV but I just love it. I purchased my first kit .(Made with love) and I can not get over how great it is.

Can you tell me how I am supposed to use the foil greetings? Is it as simple as cutting them out and using them or is there more to it?
Thanks so much.

Also, are past kits available to purchase?

Views: 704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you let it warm up for a while.  I was doing a lot of research on laminators and the minc over the weekend, and several people talked about having to let them warm up for a while (10 min).

The minc is great but if you are watching the budget, I got this one for $18 and it works great! http://amzn.to/1WNZmVZ

Anne S. said:

Melissa, thank you for your comment. Yes, I have the same laminator you have and I can confirm, it doesn't t work. I did try everything: changing the gauge from 3 to 5, laminating several time the same project, etc...I wasn't successful. I have to buy a minc if I want to use the foil technique.

Anne, please don't be offended by my question but ... did you have the foil the right way round? A friend of mine had the same problem and she finally realised that she was putting the foil upside down.

Anne S. said:

Melissa, thank you for your comment. Yes, I have the same laminator you have and I can confirm, it doesn't t work. I did try everything: changing the gauge from 3 to 5, laminating several time the same project, etc...I wasn't successful. I have to buy a minc if I want to use the foil technique.

yes I did put the foil RIGHT side down!! I just noticed that it doesn't work, and I did try everything BEFORE joining the conversation and sharing my experience and opinion.
Jan Brazier said:

Anne, please don't be offended by my question but ... did you have the foil the right way round? A friend of mine had the same problem and she finally realised that she was putting the foil upside down.

Anne S. said:

I had originally placed the foil wrong side down on my paper but corrected that.  I used another image, ran it several times on both settings and nothing.  I even had a professional copy shop print my images.  My Scotch laminator just won't do the foiling.  I finally got the tiniest bit of shimmer when I ran my crafting iron over it multiple times and with lots of pressure.  I am going to try that laminator from amazon first that Gina suggested.  I am blessed that my husband buys whatever I ask for (not necessarily when I ask for it, may have to save bit) but no sense spending money that you don't need to right?  Thanks Gina for the link, hubby is also an avid Amazonian shopper  ;)

Anne S. said:

yes I did put the foil RIGHT side down!! I just noticed that it doesn't work, and I did try everything BEFORE joining the conversation and sharing my experience and opinion.
Jan Brazier said:

Anne S. said:

I wasn't sure I was too interested in foiling, but I am seeing it everywhere, and loving what I am seeing.  So, when I got up this morning, I ordered this laminating machine along with a bit of foil.  When it arrives,  I will give it a try.  I know the foil can be used with double sided tape and an embossing machine, so I will give this a try also.  I already have a Xyron machine that has been wonderful for laminating items, but does not nothing with this foiling technique I keep seeing.  Thanks for the post for this less expensive machine that works.

Gina Krupsky said:

The minc is great but if you are watching the budget, I got this one for $18 and it works great! http://amzn.to/1WNZmVZ

Anne S. said:

I knew that I didn't want to foil enough to invest in an expensive machine. I already had a Scotch laminator so figured if that would work that would be enough for me.I'm finding that I do enjoy it more than expected and that leads me to my problem. My whole image is foiled, certainly much heavier where there is toner but the background is pretty speckled, enough that it isn't useable. It isn't just flaked on and easily removed, Thanks for any input.this is adhered. I'm wondering if I'm running it through too many times,getting it too hot? I am going to try it with Deco foil and see if that changes my results. Does anyone have any other suggestions?? For me there has been "a bit" of a learning curve and my attempts are getting better but I hate wasting my images!!

Sharon, I can just tell you my experience. I also own a Scotch laminator and I did play around and tried everything possible to make it work. I was unsuccessful with this specific laminator. My whole image was not covered with the foil and the parts that were covered with foil, flaked right away. I did try the Heidi Swapp foil and the deco foil. None of those are working with the Scotch laminator. I am now looking to buy a other laminator from a different brand: maybe the fellowes or the royal sovereign. Thinking also about the minc.... If you read the other comments, you will found that I am not the only one having problems with the Scotch laminator.

I purchased a Purple ow laminator from Amazon. 

http://www.amazon.com/Purple-Cows-Laminator-Assorted-3016c/dp/B005F...

It worked great and is on $28.00

I have the scotch green and white laminating machine and have not had any problems.  i set it on 5mil, let it heat up. place my image between a folded parchment paper, and run it through 3 times.  The only time I had a problem was when I put the foil on upside down.  I am sorry your laminating machines are not working. I use the deco thermal foil.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service