stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I just want to let the folks in Australia know that our hearts and prayers are going out for them

with this terrible, terrible flooding in Queensland. It is a great loss to the farmers and very

dangerous with the snakes and etc. in the water.

Tags: Australia, Flood, in

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, it certainly is terrible what those folks are experiencing! Our thoughts and prayers go out to all our friends down under.
Thankyou Pattie. I am from Brisbane, and we have the terrible devastation of the wall of water that has gone through Toowoomba and killed 8 people, with 72 missing, on the tv this morning (happened yesterday) and its heading for us. There is a severe storm warning for here today as well as king tides , so we will be having flooding in about 30 suburbs around Brisbane this afternoon. I don't live in the affected areas, but the heavy rain has been on going. I have to head off to work now, only 15 min away but it's so dark with these storms comimg, I don't want to go out of my house! ( It's 9 am)

Marcelle, My heart and prayers go out to you and all of Queensland. It is a very terrible mess. I have a daughter

grandchildren, and a great granddaughter in Australia. They live in Victoria. Not in the flood area.

Please take care, and remember God is with you.

Thanks Pattie, we are in food alert now the river has broken it's banks and if this rain keeps up we will have a worse flood than in 1974.

Pattie Jones said:

Marcelle, My heart and prayers go out to you and all of Queensland. It is a very terrible mess. I have a daughter

grandchildren, and a great granddaughter in Australia. They live in Victoria. Not in the flood area.

Please take care, and remember God is with you.

Marcelle, do take care on the roads in the heavy rain.  Queensland is esp dear to my heart as I've lived there before.  I hope the rain eases soon.


marcelle baldwin said:

Thanks Pattie, we are in food alert now the river has broken it's banks and if this rain keeps up we will have a worse flood than in 1974.

Pattie Jones said:

Marcelle, My heart and prayers go out to you and all of Queensland. It is a very terrible mess. I have a daughter

grandchildren, and a great granddaughter in Australia. They live in Victoria. Not in the flood area.

Please take care, and remember God is with you.

thank you ladies. Talked to daughter last night and she informed me that Brisbane might be in danger too.

Watching the water very closely. And still raining. We have a deep concern for all of you. Prayers continue.

Please keep us informed on progress and keep safe.

I'm in Brisbane as well, but fortunately not near the river itself. We are currently watching the river slowly rise in the city. It's absolutely devastating and will have a huge impact for a long time. Food supplies could be affected, not to mention the impact to thousands of homes and businesses.

It is comforting to know that you are thinking and praying for us all

Margaret (in sunny? QLD)

Well, Brisbane is flooding, and will be at it's peak by 4am tomorrow. Around 20,000 homes will be flooded, it's hard to watch..I am no where near the floods, but have been watching it unfold on the telly (that's all there is to watch), many homes have no power, it could happen anytime to any of us..the shops have been selling out of food, and petrol may be hard to get as they can't get deliveries through...they told us to watch how much water we use...some places ,not Brisbane yet, have run out of drinking water..I have just heard, it could be 40,000!! Thousands have people have been evacuated. This is JUST Brisbane. 75% of Queensland is flood affected...it's horrible, and really it's only just begun....It's flooding in New South Wales now....may the Lord have mercy  and there be no more deaths.
They are now predicting a cyclone 2 weeks...good grief!!!
We will keep praying for all of Australia.  Be safe.

marcelle baldwin said:
They are now predicting a cyclone 2 weeks...good grief!!!
I grew up in an area affected by floods every spring and know the devestation.  My thoughts and prayers go to you all

urgent prayer has just been sent for Australia and its people. Being here seems like our hands are tied, but

prayer isn't. It will take a long time to recover, but working together will bring blessing and comfort. I pray that

all the help needed will come. I will continue to pray. God be with you. continue to keep us informed.

I too know what flooding can do. when in High School the OHiO River flooded our home.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service