stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I was just wondering how everybody buys there supplies? Do you plan, when you know that a GKD release is coming up like putting money aside or do you buy as the bug hits. Also now that we have the guide for PL CS and Ink do you get these together and pick a stamp set to go with a special project. I am just curious, I am trying to get some supplies together and sometimes it's a big decision on what to buy first?

I hope I don't offend anyone asking these questions.

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I try to budget, but it's not always easy to resist a temptation. Money is the limiting factor, each month something else always seems to have priority - car battery, new microwave etc. Not to mention the fact that shipping charges from the US to Europe have become very high in the past few years - they take up an important part of the budget, alas!

Hi...I have had to put the brakes on recently.  I have truly overindulged.  So I, too, am looking for suggestions on how to "play" better.  You certainly have not offended me and I hope you will keep me in the loop.  I WANT to continue my love for cardmaking but I can not continue to spend in the same manner.  What is the guide for PL CS and Ink?  Sorry I do not have any suggestions for how best to do this.  I would like to do a trade with someone though (and maybe that is an avenue)...I have an extra Nestabilities Die (silly me, bought two of the same thing).  So if anyone needs Nestabilities Die Small Labels S4-169, please email me.

Well, I wish I could have everything on each release so since that isn't possible I really have been purchasing the three stamp sets in order to receive the one free with three.  I also tend to order enough to get the free shipping.  I always am in need of cardstock...paper junkie here.  The month's order with the stampTV kits sets me back a little more.  I pretty much cut out going to the big box stores with my coupons unless it's just to look because stock really doesn't get updated there.  Pretty much love GinaK and why does it always seem that the one stamp set I don't order I see the most awesome cards made with it....oh well that's why my wish list is getting longer and longer.  With all that said, my husband is very good and generous to me and never questions my purchases but I do try to keep it in line.    

Great question, Cheryl!

Marie....here is a link with the Pure Luxury colors and the inkpads and Copics that so far I've found match the best.  There is also a link in that discussion to Gina's post of Pure Luxury colors with the Tim Holtz distress inks.  HTH!!

http://stamptv.ning.com/forum/topics/pure-luxury-cardstock-inkpad

Marie Greene said:

Hi...I have had to put the brakes on recently.  I have truly overindulged.  So I, too, am looking for suggestions on how to "play" better.  You certainly have not offended me and I hope you will keep me in the loop.  I WANT to continue my love for cardmaking but I can not continue to spend in the same manner.  What is the guide for PL CS and Ink?  Sorry I do not have any suggestions for how best to do this.  I would like to do a trade with someone though (and maybe that is an avenue)...I have an extra Nestabilities Die (silly me, bought two of the same thing).  So if anyone needs Nestabilities Die Small Labels S4-169, please email me.
Hi Vittoria - I know what you mean. I'm from South Africa and to give everyone an idea, one stamp set of $25 and shipping of $14 (I'm rounding up) equals to about half a tank of fuel for my car.
I get your point Riette, not to mention the fact that the goods you purchase can incurr into custom duties, and that means shelling out extra euros, ugh!! I hate when that happens, and I have noticed it does when the amount of the goods becomes relevant.

Riette Gasser said:
Hi Vittoria - I know what you mean. I'm from South Africa and to give everyone an idea, one stamp set of $25 and shipping of $14 (I'm rounding up) equals to about half a tank of fuel for my car.

Tammy, try to do circular motion and watch the pressure to blend your Prisma pencils. I use them alot and love them,

Now learning to use the Memento Markers(not copic) and loving them. Hope to have a card soon. using the markers.

I did use Prisma colored pencils in my card Lets go shopping. Hope this helps.

I use Prisma color pencils, and use the colorless blender, and not Gamsol for blending if needed. The main thing to remember is the pressure and circular motion for blending your colors. Also burnishing with color can also blend. I love them, and now learnering how to use Markers. I can't affor copic. By the way Prisma has colored markers, used the same way as copic and less price.I have to budget as well. One thing that I do is make a list of stamps or supplies I like and cost. Then check what I have or can use, and then go by budget. I love the  kits each time but not always the stamp offered with it. I wish we could change the stamp for another one we liked in place of the one offered with all the rest of the things at the same price. right now I am trying to use up other CS so I can replace with GK. One way to  check out ink is with the dew drop memento ink. try the colors, and then the biggest pads. Just some ideas.

I use coupons at all the local crafting stores when I can, so I feel I have earned the right to buy what I want from Gina K.  PLUS I have been very fortunate to win many challenges and blog hops, which is so thrilling!  I always try to take advantage of the free shipping with a minimum purchase, so that helps as well. 

For anyone who has NOT ordered the PL CS I highly recommend doing so right now!  Once you touch the stuff, you'll never use anything else.  It is worth every penny!  I have made lists of all the colors and am trying to get every shade!  Almost there! 

This is a fun topic!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service