stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I was just wondering how everybody buys there supplies? Do you plan, when you know that a GKD release is coming up like putting money aside or do you buy as the bug hits. Also now that we have the guide for PL CS and Ink do you get these together and pick a stamp set to go with a special project. I am just curious, I am trying to get some supplies together and sometimes it's a big decision on what to buy first?

I hope I don't offend anyone asking these questions.

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jennie,
I have seen the assorted cs packs and sort of forgot about them lol. I havn't got any GK CS yet I was too busy looking at the beautiful stamp sets. But after the wonderful reviews here I will have to get some, I might start with the basics (white, ivory and black) and build from there. Thanks for your great advice.

Jennie Harper said:
I try to budget out what I spend each month.... I know in my head what I don't want to go over and tend to stick to it. :o) (believe me it is great restraint not to buy it all, lol!) As far as the cardstock, I try to buy a few colors at a time and there are several Cardstock Assortment packs, so you can get a good choice of colors (5) for the price of a single pack of regular cardstock.

When Gina offers one of her specials, I tend to take advantage because it is great savings, and a great time to stock up on some Luxury cardstock!
Thanks everyone for your valuable advise, I am glad I'm not the only one that wants it alll. But little by little i am sure I will be able to build my supplies. I am waiting at the moment for an order to come, it's very exciting three stamp sets.
HI Tamy,

OMS = Odorless Mineral Spirits, it is great to blend your coloring.

Tammy Terry said:
This may sound like a dumb question, but i have only been creating cards for about a year and recently discovered the internet and am learning so much but What is OMS? I have the Prismacolor pencils but everytime i use them i think my coloring looks streaky, would this help that? thanks

Giovana said:
I do save money for my monthly order, I have to say that unexpected things happen once in awhile, so priorities are priorities, right? :)
I like to get at least 2 sets and cardstock every month, may not sound like a lot, but little by little you start building your collection. I would say that PL CS is the best in the market, start with your basic colors, embellishments like buttons, brads, (they are not expensive) are a must too!
I don't own Copics, they are expensive, so I used Prismacolor Pencils and OMS. I love to color and I could do that all day, that would be the most wonderful job.
I always make sure I save money for each release. I can't buy on a whim because I don't have a lot of extra cash and I live on a single income. I do buy supplies from a few other stores or companies, but I would say 80% to 90% of my purchases are from Gina K Designs. I love her card stock. I have almost every color. I just realized this week I never bought the light gray. It will be on my next order.

I would say do what works for you. I know a lot of people like to buy from one company because it tends to co-ordinate. The nice thing about GKD is that there is such a great variety of stamps and she has a nice selection of card stock and ink to get you started. And the best part is the weekly videos to show you what to do with all the stuff purchase or may already have. :o)
I also do both..........some things I've budgeted for and know in advance what I need.........other times I've done some impulse buying!!! LOL I finally have lots of Copics......and yes, they are expensive, budgeting and collecting them in color groups that you like and will use the most is the best way to start your collection of them!!!
I TRY to budget but am bad at impulse buying. The GK CS is the best and I love that she offers it in the assortment packs. I also take advantage when she has her specials, although I missed out on the facebook special she had going :(
This definetly is a great site for learning and friendships.
I found it interesting reading how u all buy ur supplies..I'm fairly new to stamp tv..and the I just love the Gina K stamp sets...but unfortunely I cant afford to buy them right now..but I do try to enter most of the challenges..so Im hoping that I wil win one some day..or maybe will be able to afford to buy one in the future
Hi Lee,
I am the same, trying to budget and at the same time impulse buying too. I would like to do more with copics and at this moment I own six in total lol. But you have to start somewhere don't you. It's like with all supplies I think you have to build your supplies up as you go.
Thanks Cheryl

Lee Murphy said:
I also do both..........some things I've budgeted for and know in advance what I need.........other times I've done some impulse buying!!! LOL I finally have lots of Copics......and yes, they are expensive, budgeting and collecting them in color groups that you like and will use the most is the best way to start your collection of them!!!
Hi Genie,
Your craft is usually the last thing you spend money on, and makes life tough. Good luck with the challenges I hope you are a winner soon.
Thanks Cheryl

Genie said:
I found it interesting reading how u all buy ur supplies..I'm fairly new to stamp tv..and the I just love the Gina K stamp sets...but unfortunely I cant afford to buy them right now..but I do try to enter most of the challenges..so Im hoping that I wil win one some day..or maybe will be able to afford to buy one in the future
Hi Christine,
This is definetly a wonderful site, I am fairly new but loving every minute. thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Christine Winslow said:
I TRY to budget but am bad at impulse buying. The GK CS is the best and I love that she offers it in the assortment packs. I also take advantage when she has her specials, although I missed out on the facebook special she had going :(
This definetly is a great site for learning and friendships.
Tammy,
I would try to use circular motion when applying color, it is more evenly applied. I would use the
colorless blender pencil that Prisma has to blend clolor. I never use the orderless mineral spirits.
I love my Prisma pencils.Just me. others perfer the oderless spirits, try both. Hope this helps.

Giovana said:
HI Tamy,

Tammy Terry said:
This may sound like a dumb question, but i have only been creating cards for about a year and recently discovered the internet and am learning so much but What is OMS? I have the Prismacolor pencils but everytime i use them i think my coloring looks streaky, would this help that? thanks

Giovana said:
I do save money for my monthly order, I have to say that unexpected things happen once in awhile, so priorities are priorities, right? :)
I like to get at least 2 sets and cardstock every month, may not sound like a lot, but little by little you start building your collection. I would say that PL CS is the best in the market, start with your basic colors, embellishments like buttons, brads, (they are not expensive) are a must too!
I don't own Copics, they are expensive, so I used Prismacolor Pencils and OMS. I love to color and I could do that all day, that would be the most wonderful job.
Just thought of something, use the same circular motion for the colorless blender, pressure also determins the blending soft or heavy. hope this helps>

Pattie Jones said:
Tammy,
I would try to use circular motion when applying color, it is more evenly applied. I would use the
colorless blender pencil that Prisma has to blend clolor. I never use the orderless mineral spirits.
I love my Prisma pencils.Just me. others perfer the oderless spirits, try both. Hope this helps.

Giovana said:
HI Tamy,

Tammy Terry said:

Giovana said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service