stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I was just wondering how everybody buys there supplies? Do you plan, when you know that a GKD release is coming up like putting money aside or do you buy as the bug hits. Also now that we have the guide for PL CS and Ink do you get these together and pick a stamp set to go with a special project. I am just curious, I am trying to get some supplies together and sometimes it's a big decision on what to buy first?

I hope I don't offend anyone asking these questions.

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am afraid i am not much help because i am guilty of both! I have only been making cards for a year and i am a terrible impulse shopper. I find that when i am working on a project and dont have something i need, it irritates me to know end! :0) then i run to the internet or store. I'm not sure i know
what PL & CS stand for and the guide u are referring to. I just recently discovered card blogs and stamp tv. Is that guide here on stamp tv?
The guide is under the tab above that says Gina K. Designs called card stock. PL CS is Pure Luxury Card Stock and the guide is matching up the CS colors with the ink. I would love to see a match for the Copic Colors too but that is only because I AM on a budget and can't buy them all at once. I know that there is a release once a month and have to get some of that release. Financially the months when the Stamp TV kit comes out is more of a financial stretch for me. I TRY to buy only once a month and then I "hope" to win a set on a challenge. I am NOT offended. I LOVE everything about this site and the products are all the best out there.
Hi Tammy,
I too am new to ginakdesigns and stamptv but I am learning quickly. I know what you mean about not having just the right thing for your project. Oh well Tammy we just have to keep building our supplies.

Tammy Terry said:
I am afraid i am not much help because i am guilty of both! I have only been making cards for a year and i am a terrible impulse shopper. I find that when i am working on a project and dont have something i need, it irritates me to know end! :0) then i run to the internet or store. I'm not sure i know
what PL & CS stand for and the guide u are referring to. I just recently discovered card blogs and stamp tv. Is that guide here on stamp tv?
Hi Miesie,
Thanks for answering all the questions from Tammys comment. I love everything about this site too. You can learn so many new things. I too am on a budget, I like your idea of ordering once a month.
Thanks Cheryl
Miesje Flach said:
The guide is under the tab above that says Gina K. Designs called card stock. PL CS is Pure Luxury Card Stock and the guide is matching up the CS colors with the ink. I would love to see a match for the Copic Colors too but that is only because I AM on a budget and can't buy them all at once. I know that there is a release once a month and have to get some of that release. Financially the months when the Stamp TV kit comes out is more of a financial stretch for me. I TRY to buy only once a month and then I "hope" to win a set on a challenge. I am NOT offended. I LOVE everything about this site and the products are all the best out there.
Thank you for the info. The copic chart for the PL CS would be great. I think i have seen one on PTI for their CS. Copics are expensive and it would be nice to know which ones would cordinate because there are so many of them. It amazes me how
addicting this is! Thank you again for your
time & info :0)

Miesje Flach said:
The guide is under the tab above that says Gina K. Designs called card stock. PL CS is Pure Luxury Card Stock and the guide is matching up the CS colors with the ink. I would love to see a match for the Copic Colors too but that is only because I AM on a budget and can't buy them all at once. I know that there is a release once a month and have to get some of that release. Financially the months when the Stamp TV kit comes out is more of a financial stretch for me. I TRY to buy only once a month and then I "hope" to win a set on a challenge. I am NOT offended. I LOVE everything about this site and the products are all the best out there.
Yes we do! I am so glad, i found this site. I wished i would have discovered it sooner!

Cheryl Farnhill said:
Hi Tammy, I too am new to ginakdesigns and stamptv but I am learning quickly. I know what you mean about not having just the right thing for your project. Oh well Tammy we just have to keep building our supplies.
Tammy Terry said:
I am afraid i am not much help because i am guilty of both! I have only been making cards for a year and i am a terrible impulse shopper. I find that when i am working on a project and dont have something i need, it irritates me to know end! :0) then i run to the internet or store. I'm not sure i know
what PL & CS stand for and the guide u are referring to. I just recently discovered card blogs and stamp tv. Is that guide here on stamp tv?
I try to budget out what I spend each month.... I know in my head what I don't want to go over and tend to stick to it. :o) (believe me it is great restraint not to buy it all, lol!) As far as the cardstock, I try to buy a few colors at a time and there are several Cardstock Assortment packs, so you can get a good choice of colors (5) for the price of a single pack of regular cardstock.

When Gina offers one of her specials, I tend to take advantage because it is great savings, and a great time to stock up on some Luxury cardstock!
I have to admit that I am a terrible impulse buyer but also know my limit on what I can spend.
Definitely play the challenges for a chance to win a stamp set and like Jennie said watch for Gina's specials.
I do like the idea of a chart for the pl cs and the matching copic colors.
Well, I didnt use to budget, but hubby lost his job so have to now, lol! When it comes to Gina K stuff, even before I was on the DT, I HAD to have it Alllll!! So I do know how ya'll feel! And I'm still that way, lol! But let me tell you about getting alll those supplies, and I'm talking about the bling stuff, the tools...the stamps and cardstock, you can never have enough, but one draw back of having lots of the extras..well, now it takes me forever to make a card ...now that I have got more stuff! I have a hard time deciding what little extra I want to put on the card...does that make sense? LOL!
I have to admit I did some stocking up on GKD in the beginning. (okay, a lot of stocking up ;P) I fell in love with the PL CS and the stamp sets immediatley. I soon realized that the GKD stamp sets were really a bargin because you get so many stamps in each set. Compared to the woodblock stamps, many of them at $10.00 each, it doesn't take long to catch on that GKD is a far better deal.

I try and save for each release, and then get what I can. It's always such an exciting event and Gina and her designers always serve up some of the yummiest assortment of goodies for us.
I do save money for my monthly order, I have to say that unexpected things happen once in awhile, so priorities are priorities, right? :)
I like to get at least 2 sets and cardstock every month, may not sound like a lot, but little by little you start building your collection. I would say that PL CS is the best in the market, start with your basic colors, embellishments like buttons, brads, (they are not expensive) are a must too!
I don't own Copics, they are expensive, so I used Prismacolor Pencils and OMS. I love to color and I could do that all day, that would be the most wonderful job.
This may sound like a dumb question, but i have only been creating cards for about a year and recently discovered the internet and am learning so much but What is OMS? I have the Prismacolor pencils but everytime i use them i think my coloring looks streaky, would this help that? thanks

Giovana said:
I do save money for my monthly order, I have to say that unexpected things happen once in awhile, so priorities are priorities, right? :)
I like to get at least 2 sets and cardstock every month, may not sound like a lot, but little by little you start building your collection. I would say that PL CS is the best in the market, start with your basic colors, embellishments like buttons, brads, (they are not expensive) are a must too!
I don't own Copics, they are expensive, so I used Prismacolor Pencils and OMS. I love to color and I could do that all day, that would be the most wonderful job.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service