stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Do Copic Pens need to be stored on their side or can they stand upright.

I have been collecting Copic Pens for a while now.  I love them and use them all the time.  However my problem is storing them.  I was once told that they should not be stored upright, but rather horizontal.  Is this correct.  So in view of that bit of information I have them scattered  horizontally in a drawer.  But its driving me crazy as I can never find the colour that I am looking for. 

On searching the net and copic sites, some are stored upright, some horizontally etc. Can anyone give me the correct information and some storage ideas.  I would be so grateful.

Many thanks

Thalia Krawitz

Views: 7091

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Gaby,

I told you I was spoilt.  I have attached photos of the Stamp Pad Box my husband made for me.  I was in a hurry for the box and told him he did not need to make a masterpiece, hence it is rather rough looking.  But its perfect and I love it.  Sorry about the incorrect spelling on my lables.  (Writing it off to "senior moment.  Would never own up to being a bad speller.) Let me know if this is more or less what you were thinking of for your pads.  Note how I got him to made room on the side for the sponges.  Each pad has its own sponge.

Gabi Heinrich said:

That is great, Thalia!  Unfortunately, I have already purchased something for my copics, BUT!  My stamp pads need a good home, and I'm thinking something like your box turned on it's side with different measurements would be perfect!  Have to sneak a picture of it on my hubby's computer; in the form of wall paper, maybe?  Think he might get it?  He loves to tinker.

Attachments:

Hi Gabi,

I told you I was spoilt.  I asked my husband to make a Stamp Pad Box for me which could house the matching sponges for each stamp pad.  This is what he came up with.  I love it as its perfect.  However it looks a bit rough because I was in a hurry for it and told him it did not have to be a masterpiece. Hope this helps to give you some ideas.   Take care.  Thalia

Gabi Heinrich said:

That is great, Thalia!  Unfortunately, I have already purchased something for my copics, BUT!  My stamp pads need a good home, and I'm thinking something like your box turned on it's side with different measurements would be perfect!  Have to sneak a picture of it on my hubby's computer; in the form of wall paper, maybe?  Think he might get it?  He loves to tinker.

Attachments:

I was told to store them horizonatally as well. But the case that I got with the set I have was shown to store upright. So the first few months I did them that way, but I am now wondering why some of them dried up before I hardly used them and it that was the reason. So from now on will store horizontally.

I store mine horizontally also.  I have hot glued prescription bottles together and  can get 9 pens in each and for my Tombow pens I drilled holes in a 4 x 4.  Recycle recycle recycle.

Hi Lyn,

That looks awesome.  What a clever idea.  All so neat and organised.  Thanks for showing me.

Lynn Mott said:

I store mine horizontally also.  I have hot glued prescription bottles together and  can get 9 pens in each and for my Tombow pens I drilled holes in a 4 x 4.  Recycle recycle recycle.

Hello

In regards to what position you should have your copic markers, considering that there is 2 nibs, they both need ink, so I believe that if you stored them lying down, both tips would be saturated with ink.  If you stood them up, only one nib would be saturated.  That's been my experience.

Hi Sofia,

I am with you on that one.  I too think they must be lying down.  Thanks for your input.

Sofia Khrystyne Whitney said:

Hello

In regards to what position you should have your copic markers, considering that there is 2 nibs, they both need ink, so I believe that if you stored them lying down, both tips would be saturated with ink.  If you stood them up, only one nib would be saturated.  That's been my experience.

Hi Thalia

No problem. Unfortuneately for me right now I have to stand them up in a container or else everything falls out if I lie them down.  The container will start rooooling away.  I'll figure something out, I have a wishlist on my online store where I shop and it has this Copic Empty Wallet that fits at least 72 copics, I think I will get that then they definetely will be lying down at all times. :)

Thalia Krawitz said:

Hi Shanna,

Thank you very much for your comments about the Copic Pens.  Much appreciated.  Shanna, I got lucky as I was discussing with my husband how to store my copic pens.  I had showed him all sorts of different suggestions that I had seen on the internet.  The other day, I came home from being out for the day only to find a most beautiful Box in which to store my Copic Pens.  I am going to try and attach a photo of it for you.  They lie horizontal, (which frankly I believe is the best way to store them, reason being that when you want to buy Copics in a Store, they are always horizontal in the display stand.    (I dont ever remove my Copics from my Craft Room and take them out of the house, so this little storage box is perfect.  It looks very heavy, but it is not, so I am able to put it anyway I want to.

Once again, thanks very much for your input.  By the way, your Copic Pens look pretty organised too.  I am most impressed.

Take care.   Regards  Thalia.

Shanna L Montrose said:

I kept my copics vertical for a long time and they did OK for the most part. I would keep the brush side down since that is they nib I use the most. However I found that the colors that I used for both nibs and that I airbrushed with were not saturated well on the broad nib. My solution has been to keep them in an old llbean bag I had for years. I save the containers from crystal lite and glued them together in groups of three to start but have been adding more as needed. The top flap holds my airbrush stuff and side pockets, have wipes, extra scissors, plastic palate, craft sheet to work on and what ever I need. I lean it on it's side, held up by an extra container which holds my Atyou glitter markers which must be kept horizontal as per a Copic instructor at a class I took. The bag even fits onto of my rolling crop bag which is a big bonus. I clip a book light on the bag to make it easy to read the numbers. Here is a pic if it helps I also like to organize my color groups. 

pastedGraphic.pdf

Hi Thalia,

Just saw your picture and I think that box your hubby made will work great! Especially if your copics are going to stay in one place. Mine end up next to me on my bed or in front of the TV mostly since I watch all the You Tube craft a lot while I craft. I would not bring up the cost of filling the case. Most of my copics have been purchased with coupons. But it really pays to surf around as there is often a difference of $2 dollars. I try try not to pay more then $5.25 each and always buy with other items so the shipping is less. Have a great time with your new acquisition! 

Hi Shanna

I too have been lucky so far with the purchase of my Copics.  My daughter gave me a set of 24 to start with.  Then everytime there is a "celebration" of sorts I get more copics.  Also we have a place here in Perth, who sells the Copics for $4.95 per pen.  So that is not too bad.  So slowly slowly, but I am getting there. 

Shanna L Montrose said:

Hi Thalia,

Just saw your picture and I think that box your hubby made will work great! Especially if your copics are going to stay in one place. Mine end up next to me on my bed or in front of the TV mostly since I watch all the You Tube craft a lot while I craft. I would not bring up the cost of filling the case. Most of my copics have been purchased with coupons. But it really pays to surf around as there is often a difference of $2 dollars. I try try not to pay more then $5.25 each and always buy with other items so the shipping is less. Have a great time with your new acquisition! 

Thalia Krawitz...would your hubby be willing to make another copic storage unit for me? I would gladly purchase one from him. Yours is amazing. Contact me at nanaconni@yahoo.com. Thanking you in advance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service