stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hi fellow Cricut owners!  

If you're like me, you're probably wishing you could use your Cricut to cut the same Cameo designs and shapes that Gina has been showing us.  The Cameo seems like such a great, versatile machine and it's definitely on my wish list, but in the meantime, while watching Gina's Winter Wishes Window Card video, I decided I wanted to make that card, and if I could, use my Cricut for the window image.  Using Cricut Craft Room (CCR), I did an image search and found a nice window in the Christmas Solutions Cartridge.

I asked Gina if she wouldn't mind me posting the "how to" details so that fellow Cricut owners could also try their hand at this card - to my delight (Gina's so nice, isn't she?) she said yes - that those without the Cameo would love to make the card.  Here are the image specs - I used 2 mat layers; one for the window image and one for the mat:

Mat Layer 1

Window Image – Basic Tab
Image dimensions: 3.208 width x 4.611 height
Auto-Fill image to 12x12 mat size

Mat Layer 2

Window Image – Shadow Tab:  Click “Hide/Contour” and hide cut lines for windows to make a blackout mat image.  The proportions work better than using the image on the Blackout Tab

Image dimensions: 3.528 width x 4.847 height

Auto-Fill image to 12x12 mat size

I'm attaching a word doc that has screen shots of my CCR project (I couldn't figure out how to copy/paste the screen shots).  I hope this will be helpful for you.  I'll be happy to help any one with questions.  I know CCR has a somewhat steep learning curve, but I have found that the more you play around with it, the easier it becomes.  Also, there are great "how to" videos in CCR. 

Happy cutting, Tracy

Tags: Card, Craft, Cricut, Room, Window, Winter, Wishes

Views: 672

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tracy, I too am one that hasn't used my Cricut in a couple of years and want to thank you for this fantastic idea. Didn't know there was such a thing as Cricut Craft Room. Going to go dust that thing off and down load the free software. Love the card you made using it, I have been trying to figure how to make one similar to Gina's. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

So glad you are "re-inspired!" - CCR is a little intimidating at first, but they do have some wonderful how-to videos.  Definitely brings the cricut up to current technology.  Good luck!

Barbara Brenneman said:

Tracy, I too am one that hasn't used my Cricut in a couple of years and want to thank you for this fantastic idea. Didn't know there was such a thing as Cricut Craft Room. Going to go dust that thing off and down load the free software. Love the card you made using it, I have been trying to figure how to make one similar to Gina's. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I remember a few emails from Cricut about CCR quite a while ago but I never did anything with it. Thanks for the motivation to go back & look again. I won't feel so intimidated with people to contact who uses it, too.

I love the fact that I change any size to exactly what I want.  For instance, I needed an oval for the inside of the spellbinders lacy oval.  I measured the width and length, entered it, and out came the perfectly sized oval! Also, as Barbara said, there are oodles of video tutorials out there!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service