stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I am planning on getting a cricut machine and I think I would go for the personal. I wouldlike to know which one you are using and which one you like best , personal, mini , expression 2....

Views: 544

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Julie, I started with the small one, but I was so limited with the 12" cut so bought the Expression, sold my small one and love the E. I later got the E2 and love this one too!  I like the E2 best because it has a light on the cutting  blade housing and you can use BOTH the cartridges for the imagine... I recommend you also buy the video for the Cricuit. You can buy it from Above Rubies.com...She is excellent with her instructions. It might be Above Rubies Studio.com......  Happy stamping!  Liz J

I think you will love the Silhouette Cameo! =) Yest it took my hubby almost two years but he got me one. And Im in <3. Make sure to look for the specials. I got mine and the Design Studio for 269w/free shipping and it was shipped packed the next day 31 and made it to me on Monday the 7th. Really fast shipping. I love love mines and made my first print and cut. Make sure to look at videos on youtube so when the day come you can be ready. Oh and download the program now so you can get the free cuts of the week on Tuesday. 

Julie Aglione said:

Ok I made my decision, I will go for the Silhouette Cameo...!!! Now I have to wait for my birthday to come in May ( I know it's far LOL) I just need to give a heads up to my hubby so he can gather the money ha ha ha... THX guys, you really helped me a lot in making my decision.

Sounds good,

Have an expression but don't use it.  Should because it was the last thing my hubby bought me, but just don't like it.  Love what it and the cameo can do for sizing etc, because you do that through the cricut craft room  with the expression,   Also, they have freebies each week and 0.99 files for singles as well.  

Hate the tacky paper and prying off stock that does not want to come off it,   Have so much stock besides the GKD and keep getting given heavy quality DP as gifts as well, and never know what will stick and what won't. My family is generous with my card making gifts.  What can one say. ? 

Also got the ebosser for cutting the 8.5 x 11 inch to do more dies at once,     Am really on the fence, because have no tacky paper problems with the cuttlebug or embosser, but know that sizing the images is not an option, nor adding layers as can on the machines.  Will really have to think about it for a lot longer in my case.

thanks An'Jenic for letting me know about the free Tuesday cuts and all the other good tips !
An'Jenic Gibson said:

I think you will love the Silhouette Cameo! =) Yest it took my hubby almost two years but he got me one. And Im in <3. Make sure to look for the specials. I got mine and the Design Studio for 269w/free shipping and it was shipped packed the next day 31 and made it to me on Monday the 7th. Really fast shipping. I love love mines and made my first print and cut. Make sure to look at videos on youtube so when the day come you can be ready. Oh and download the program now so you can get the free cuts of the week on Tuesday. 

Julie Aglione said:

Ok I made my decision, I will go for the Silhouette Cameo...!!! Now I have to wait for my birthday to come in May ( I know it's far LOL) I just need to give a heads up to my hubby so he can gather the money ha ha ha... THX guys, you really helped me a lot in making my decision.

I have a Cricut expression and I love it.  The cartridges are expensive.  I purchased a software called Sure Cuts Alot.  You can cut the files from your cricut machine.  If you are computer savvy you can really go to town with all the files you can create on your own.  I also purchased the Silhouette Cameo and I love....love.....love it.  The ideas you can create are endless.  I purchased stamps from a store and created a file where I can cut out the shape of the stamp and then stamp it.  It is amazing.  You can also purchase stamps from Gina K, some of them come with a cut file that fits the stamp.  I hope this helps.

Maria

I LOVE the Cricut machine. I was silly a couple of years ago when downsizing and sold my machine. I know am looking to get another tho. In the meantime, I have borrowed my girlfriend's. The only thing I would highly recommend, is get a model that takes the 12x12 sheets. This is very handy for cutting multiple images if you're doing a number of cards. Or also if you want to make a larger sized image for a layout. Using the smaller one, I do miss that option. Good luck choosing!
I LOVE the Cricut machine. I was silly a couple of years ago when downsizing and sold my machine. I know am looking to get another tho. In the meantime, I have borrowed my girlfriend's. The only thing I would highly recommend, is get a model that takes the 12x12 sheets. This is very handy for cutting multiple images if you're doing a number of cards. Or also if you want to make a larger sized image for a layout. Using the smaller one, I do miss that option. Good luck choosing!
BTW I do agree with the ladies about the silhouette and choosing e files you prefer at a much smaller cost! Cartridges are very expensive!! I maaaaay even go that route now that I think about it. Lol

Thanks Leslie for your recommendations.. After reading all the recommendations, I decided to go with the silhouette :-)

Julie, I agree with you. Especially since there are so many files that correspond with Gina K stamps. Have lots of fun!

Julie Aglione said:

Thanks Leslie for your recommendations.. After reading all the recommendations, I decided to go with the silhouette :-)

Oh wow ! ...that's interestings :-)

Maria Arvelo said:

I have a Cricut expression and I love it.  The cartridges are expensive.  I purchased a software called Sure Cuts Alot.  You can cut the files from your cricut machine.  If you are computer savvy you can really go to town with all the files you can create on your own.  I also purchased the Silhouette Cameo and I love....love.....love it.  The ideas you can create are endless.  I purchased stamps from a store and created a file where I can cut out the shape of the stamp and then stamp it.  It is amazing.  You can also purchase stamps from Gina K, some of them come with a cut file that fits the stamp.  I hope this helps.

Maria

Lol....there are just endless ways to spend our money, isn't there??!! Just when you think you have "it all", something else pops up. There really should be an online site for "scrapbookers and cardmakers anonymous". That being said, can't wait for the latest stamp kit to come out! :0

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service