stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Here's a great place to ask and answer questions about which style of Copics will be fit your needs. There are Ciao, (pronounced chow) skech, original. There are a couple more but these are the ones stampers and scrapbookers like the most.

Views: 600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What is a copic marker? Is it a brand or type of marker? What type of marker is it?
I love using the Sketch version. They fit in my airbrush perfectly!
What are the "Various Inks"??? Is that just an empty bottle so that you can mix colors and make your own shades??
Tina, I heard if your copic's do drop a glob to take both caps off and it will equal out the pressure. Not sure where I read that. But that is what I have been doing. :)

Tina Gilliland said:
I'm so glad I went back and reread this. I forgot Gina has the nibs. I want to replace some of my chisel points too! Has anyone had to refill their markers yet? I often wonder if some of mine are getting low already... seems to take a lot to get the coverage on some of them. Maybe it's just cause they are lighter colors??? They aren't a year old yet even. I did have to refill my Sketch blender pen. I must have overfilled 'cause the first few times I used it the tips just dripped huge amounts out.
I am looking for the number of the sketch that gives the "white" highlight look. Any help would be appreciated.
Ruth,
There is no white Copic marker -- the pigment it would take would be too thick to flow through the nibs. So instead, Copic has a little jar of white paint that you can apply to your work when it's complete, that will give that true white highlight look. Similiar effects can be achieved by leaving areas of your work uncolored.

HTH!

Sharon Harnist
Copic Regional Certification Instructor & Design Team Member

Ruth Greene said:
I am looking for the number of the sketch that gives the "white" highlight look. Any help would be appreciated.
Suzanne said:
I love the sketch markers because I have large hands and they just fit better in them. I like the oval shape rather than round. I also like the originals because of the fine point nib. One day I might get brave and replace all the broad nibs on my sketch markers with the fine point nibs. Then I would have the perfect marker.

I love the original nibs best so im liking the idea of changing nibs on the sketch broad side to finer original 1's that was a great idea!
I guess it depends on what you are using them for. I recently bought the air brush system and that only takes the sketch pens unless you used 3M double sided tape to hold the other sizes in place. I think it also has a lot to use with comfot when you hold the pen. I loike them both. If I had to choose I would probably go with the sketch pens becasue of the amount of colors that they offer. The only thing that I wish they would change in the sets is that they are the same colors. I have found that Set A Ciao doens't have the same colors as Set A Sketch. There are quite a few overlaps, so I puchase a differant set in sketch pens this time.
I've been fretting over which Copic markers to purchase and am so happy I read this post. After reading through all posts, I've decided to start with the Caio markers, possibly change the chisel end with the original nibs for finer detail.
Once I get started I may add a few of the Sketch if there are colors that I just MUST have :)
Thank you girls for helping me make a MAJOR decision here :)
Happy coloring!

Tippi said:
Suzanne said:
I love the sketch markers because I have large hands and they just fit better in them. I like the oval shape rather than round. I also like the originals because of the fine point nib. One day I might get brave and replace all the broad nibs on my sketch markers with the fine point nibs. Then I would have the perfect marker.

I love the original nibs best so im liking the idea of changing nibs on the sketch broad side to finer original 1's that was a great idea!
I just started buying the Copic Skech markers.  Mostly one at a time with a 40% coupon at Hobby Lobby.  I don't know which colors to buy to have a good selection and still be able to blend like colors.  Is there a list of colors to buy, if you are buying like I am?

Wow! I really, learned alot, I love the copic markers and just started using them, and was surprised to see the different ones out there. Thanks everyone, for helping me out, I thought I bought the wrong ones, LOL! It's good to know you can use either.

C Huestis

I have only purchased the Ciao ones. I have many more to buy!  I wish the set were a little cheaper.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service