stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hey Copic lovers! Let's start a discussion with tips on how to use our markers!

If you have a Copic Tutorial on your blog share you link here or even pictures - add them too. That way we'll have a great place to direct people who are looking for help!

Meanwhile - do you have any?

Views: 558

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I dont know if this counts, but I did a little mini tutorial to show how I like to color sometimes with copics and then use colored pencils over that. Here is the link, just scroll down to see the pictures of how I colored the image of Riley:

Mini Tutorial

And I just have loved everyone of your tutorials! I always read them through and have gotten such fantastic tips for each of you! And Jessica, that book is such a fantastic idea....I wish I was more organized, lol!
I always hear about these "certification classes" that Copic has. Seems like you have to have a business or (some other qualifications, I can't remember) to take these. Are there not any classes offered for us "everyday" Copic users?
Of course it counts Cat! Great job!

Cathy/catdidit said:
Well, I dont know if this counts, but I did a little mini tutorial to show how I like to color sometimes with copics and then use colored pencils over that. Here is the link, just scroll down to see the pictures of how I colored the image of Riley:

Mini Tutorial

And I just have loved everyone of your tutorials! I always read them through and have gotten such fantastic tips for each of you! And Jessica, that book is such a fantastic idea....I wish I was more organized, lol!
TIna, if the class doesn't fill completely, they usually open it up for everyone else. So, check Marianne's blog for more details and information about classes near you.

Tina Gilliland said:
I always hear about these "certification classes" that Copic has. Seems like you have to have a business or (some other qualifications, I can't remember) to take these. Are there not any classes offered for us "everyday" Copic users?
Cat - I LOVE your tutorial!! Your shading is so awesome and I LOVE that you used both Copics and Pencils together to get your shading. Asela colors with both of these mediums a lot too.

Thanks for sharing your link and for inspiring me - and everyone else!
Cat that is sooo helpful as I have yet to try this!!!! I love it!!
Did you guys see Theresa's awesome coloring tips she shared on her blog a day ago. O my WORD!! It was awesome!!!
Thanks Melanie,
Your detailed description for colouring the Tulips is great. I'm off to try out my new copics right now!

Melanie Muenchinger said:

last, here's one I did showing how I shade flesh ( hands from "Hand-in Hand")
Melanie, both copic tutorials are great!!! I'm learning so much here---THANKS!
Melanie Muenchinger said:

Here's one for shading tulips with Copics to get a bleeding color look, this has step by step pics too
http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/2009/01/copics-coloring-tuto...
Okay........here are some links showing my biggest weaknesses with copic coloring..........

1. First round of coloring the image HERE

2. Second coat of color HERE

3. Finished card using the Blender Pen to hide lines that I can't blend HERE
Okay, here's my 2 cents...

1. I think the brown copic you're using is too dark - dark shades are hard to color and blend especially when it's a small area such as the images you are using. Also, since you stamped your image in brown ink, the dark brown blends out the stamped lines... you know what I mean?

2. The brown you choose for the coffee beans is a great one - good choice there!

3.I think the blender pen did a really good job - well, YOU using the blender pen lol! - softening up the lines. If you are looking for more shading on your coffee bag, go with a much lighter brown marker and then blend with the darker color you used.

Let me get in my stamp room and do some coloring to see if I can upload another way to color the bag using some techniques that I show the gals in my classes... I'll be back a little later to share the photos, Lee...

Lee Murphy said:
Okay........here are some links showing my biggest weaknesses with copic coloring..........

1. First round of coloring the image HERE

2. Second coat of color HERE

3. Finished card using the Blender Pen to hide lines that I can't blend HERE
Thanks so much Jessica!!! I think I had a lightbulb moment!! I don't have many of the same color but that are different shades. So now I know I need to look at some charts and order some "in between" Copics so I can shade more. I'd love to see some samples too Jessica!! I'm just glad I have the Blender Pen and the LARGE refill (that I've already used!!! LOL)!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service