stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Although I love my Prismacolor pencils, I have to say that I love Koh-i-noor the best! They are the smoothest, easiest colored pencils to blend with OMS! I wish they had more colors. I bought Koh-i-noors and have filled in the missing colors with Prismacolors but I sure love having all those creamy basic colors in Koh-i-noor.

What kind do you like? :)

Views: 1320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At Michaels we don't carry Koh-i-noor, wish we did, but we only have one set of prisma watercolor pencils.  I bought open stock, because the sets didn't have 2 of each color unless I bought the 72 piece, which is way too much for me.  I like to dabble in the techniques, I bought a decent amount of copics, watercolors, colored pencils, H2Os...etc...

Patti J. said:
Koh-i-noor, most definitely!  What I have is just a small set of the woodless, but I love how they blend!  Second favorite would be a tie between Prismacolors and plain old Crayola or Rose-Art!  Is the larger set of Koh-i-noor that you carry woodless as well?
I have both and I love the Koh-i-noor for blending smoothly.  Yet, for color, Prismacolor pencils seem to have a heightened intensity.  However, I'm really frustrated by the amount of breaks inside the Prismacolor pencil and you can't sharpen them down they just continually break and snap.  The Koh-i-noor, of course, don't have that problem.
I saw a video on Youtube and it was about sharpening your pencils, do you turn them all the way around, or back & forth motion?  Also, try turning the sharpener, not the pencil.  If your using an electric sharpener, the video said you should only do 2-3, and then let the machine cool.  The electric sharpener has a motor that turns the blades so fast, they heat up, and therefore soften your pencils core.  IDK if this is helpful, but I didn't know that before I watched the video!

Cheri Weston said:
I have both and I love the Koh-i-noor for blending smoothly.  Yet, for color, Prismacolor pencils seem to have a heightened intensity.  However, I'm really frustrated by the amount of breaks inside the Prismacolor pencil and you can't sharpen them down they just continually break and snap.  The Koh-i-noor, of course, don't have that problem.
Uh, oh, I love my Prismacolor pencils too, but do I have to now try Koh-i-noor?! Okay, maybe one or two here and there to fill in my collection of Prismacolor pencils!
Watch out, that's how I got sucked into the addiction!  I joke w/people, saying I am a collector, because it seems I collect more than I put out!  This year I made a goal to only spend $50 a month, and working at Michaels isn't helping!

Annette Siverson said:
Uh, oh, I love my Prismacolor pencils too, but do I have to now try Koh-i-noor?! Okay, maybe one or two here and there to fill in my collection of Prismacolor pencils!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service