stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Center Stage Alumni Blog Hop: Card Drive for Kids with Spina Bifida

Hello! We wanted to invite you to a very special Blog Hop being hosted by members of StampTV's Center Stage Alumni. This time around, we are participating in a card drive for four very special kids. As you go through the blog hop you will see a variety of cards designed for these special kids. We hope that this inspires you to participate in the card drive as well!

Here's a photo of the four adorable kids, please meet Madison, Logan, Tanner, and Rebekah.

Here are the details on how you can participate:

• Create a fun, uplifting card or cards for one or all the kids listed below. The cards can be anything cheery, encouraging, supportive, etc.  Please DO NOT send sorry, get well or anything like that. Remember, we want to cheer them up. The kids (you can click on their names to read more about each of them):
    • Madison: 2 years old
    • Logan: 2 years old. (turning 3 on October 17th!!)
    • Tanner: 2 years old (turning 3 on December 25)
    • Rebekah: 9 years old
  • All cards need to have a message in it for the child/family.  Please also sign your name and where you are from.  On the card envelope, write the name of the child.  Please, don't seal the envelope, as the parents might want to read the cards before the kids see them.
  • Cards must be received by October 31st to be eligible for the drawing.
  • Your name will go into the drawing if you send in a card for each of the kids, so that means a total of four cards.
  • Mail your card(s) to Giovana along with a piece of paper with your name, address, e-mail address and blog (if you have one). This will help a lot to contact the winner a lot faster!

Giovana Smith 
Card Drive for Kids 
181 Perry Way 
Yakima, WA 98901 

In case you're wondering, here's a photo of some of the prizes with a list of all the prizes below the photo.

Awesome companies have donated amazing prizes for you! More than $400.00 in prizes!!

• Heartfelt Creations: 8 stamping sets + 1 Coordinated Die Set. Value: $150.00!
  • Gina K. Designs: 2 StampTV Kits: Value: $70.00 (Gina will send the prize direct to the winner!)
  • Unity Stamps: 10 Itty Bitty Stamps. Value: $70.00
  • SP & Company: 3 Stamp Set. Value: $40.00
  • Lawn Fawn Stamps: 2 Stamp Set: Value: $30.00
  • Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps: 1 Stamp Set. Value: $11.00
  • Spellbinders: 2 die sets!! (Not included in the picture)
  • Tombow: 6 packs of markers and several packs of adhesives (Not included in the picture)

Are you ready to start the hop? Here's a list of all those participating:

Hope you'll be able to join us in making this card drive a huge success! You can find more details on the card drive over at Giovana's blog as well!

Have fun hopping!

Views: 1352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Margarita!   All that info is just right above in that first post!  Thanks so much for participating!
This special card drive is so awesome! You all cannot imagine how incredible the timing of this is. This Wednesday (Oct/12) of 6th grand child was born. His name is Tobiah Morris and he was born with severe Spina Bifida. He underwent an almost six hour surgery on Thursday and is in the NICU at the Stollery Children's Hospital I Edmonton BC. It would be so wonderful if while you are all making cards for this challenge that you would think of praying for our little grandson. Pray that excess fluid does not build up in his brain, that infecton will not set in and that there will not be any additional leakage of spinal fluid necessitating the need to go back in for surgery again. I've included a picture of little Tobiah (Toby) below.
Attachments:
Laurie....BIG hugs to you all!!!!  What a special little boy you all were blessed with and many hugs and prayers your way!  If you are ok with it will you pm me your address...I'd love to send a card!

He is a little blessing from above. I will keep him in my prayers Laurie and I will post this prayer request on the SB group on FB. If you like, you can be part of the group as well. the group is called "United by Spina Bifida" is a closed group where everybody with Spina Bifida or related with share their experiences and struggles.

I have read that many kids need a shunt, I don't know if your GS has one already.

I would love to send a card as well, please PM your address if it's ok with you.

God bless

Giovana

thanks for all you are doing for the kids they will love all the cards.

everyone has done a great job.

abbraddock@msn.com

Hi Lee & Giovana,

Thank you for your prayers. I would love to join the group and yes you can post it for prayer as you mentioned. I want to learn as much as i can to give them as much support as possible. So far Toby does not have a shunt but that is one of the things they are watching for. He had some fluid on his brain when he was born late Wednesday night but so far it has not increased enough to need a shunt yet but that may still come. Apparently 60 % of Spina Bifida children end up needing this. We are praying he is in the 40 % that doesn't.

Once again thank you for praying.

That's great news Laurie! I already posted a prayer request on the FB group.

Keep us updated please.

Laurie Morris said:

Hi Lee & Giovana,

Thank you for your prayers. I would love to join the group. I want to learn as much as i can to give them as much support as possible. So far Toby does not have a shunt but that is one of the things they are watching for. He had some fluid on his brain when he was born late Wednesday night but so far it has not increased enough to need a shunt yet but that may still come. Apparently 60 % of Spina Bifida children end up needing this. We are praying he is in the 40 % that doesn't.

Once again thank you for praying.

I wasn't able to access one site, and on another site, no card was shown. But it was great fun and gave me a lot of good ideas. Hope to make cared for the kids tomorrow and get them mailed out next week.

Hoi ik wil wel wat kaarten sturen van uit nederland maar is boven staande adres dan juist

groetjes netty

Wonderful hop ladies!!!  It took a couple of tries to reach Joy Hadden's blog, but it finally worked.  Not so much luck with Sue Morris's blog.  I will keep trying.
Laurie, My prayers are up for your family and your precious Toby.  

Laurie Morris said:
This special card drive is so awesome! You all cannot imagine how incredible the timing of this is. This Wednesday (Oct/12) of 6th grand child was born. His name is Tobiah Morris and he was born with severe Spina Bifida. He underwent an almost six hour surgery on Thursday and is in the NICU at the Stollery Children's Hospital I Edmonton BC. It would be so wonderful if while you are all making cards for this challenge that you would think of praying for our little grandson. Pray that excess fluid does not build up in his brain, that infecton will not set in and that there will not be any additional leakage of spinal fluid necessitating the need to go back in for surgery again. I've included a picture of little Tobiah (Toby) below.
Thanks for hosting this marvelous hop.  Enjoyed all the uplifting cards and will try to get mine in the mail this week. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service