stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Center Stage Alumni Blog Hop: Card Drive for Kids with Spina Bifida

Hello! We wanted to invite you to a very special Blog Hop being hosted by members of StampTV's Center Stage Alumni. This time around, we are participating in a card drive for four very special kids. As you go through the blog hop you will see a variety of cards designed for these special kids. We hope that this inspires you to participate in the card drive as well!

Here's a photo of the four adorable kids, please meet Madison, Logan, Tanner, and Rebekah.

Here are the details on how you can participate:

• Create a fun, uplifting card or cards for one or all the kids listed below. The cards can be anything cheery, encouraging, supportive, etc.  Please DO NOT send sorry, get well or anything like that. Remember, we want to cheer them up. The kids (you can click on their names to read more about each of them):
    • Madison: 2 years old
    • Logan: 2 years old. (turning 3 on October 17th!!)
    • Tanner: 2 years old (turning 3 on December 25)
    • Rebekah: 9 years old
  • All cards need to have a message in it for the child/family.  Please also sign your name and where you are from.  On the card envelope, write the name of the child.  Please, don't seal the envelope, as the parents might want to read the cards before the kids see them.
  • Cards must be received by October 31st to be eligible for the drawing.
  • Your name will go into the drawing if you send in a card for each of the kids, so that means a total of four cards.
  • Mail your card(s) to Giovana along with a piece of paper with your name, address, e-mail address and blog (if you have one). This will help a lot to contact the winner a lot faster!

Giovana Smith 
Card Drive for Kids 
181 Perry Way 
Yakima, WA 98901 

In case you're wondering, here's a photo of some of the prizes with a list of all the prizes below the photo.

Awesome companies have donated amazing prizes for you! More than $400.00 in prizes!!

• Heartfelt Creations: 8 stamping sets + 1 Coordinated Die Set. Value: $150.00!
  • Gina K. Designs: 2 StampTV Kits: Value: $70.00 (Gina will send the prize direct to the winner!)
  • Unity Stamps: 10 Itty Bitty Stamps. Value: $70.00
  • SP & Company: 3 Stamp Set. Value: $40.00
  • Lawn Fawn Stamps: 2 Stamp Set: Value: $30.00
  • Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps: 1 Stamp Set. Value: $11.00
  • Spellbinders: 2 die sets!! (Not included in the picture)
  • Tombow: 6 packs of markers and several packs of adhesives (Not included in the picture)

Are you ready to start the hop? Here's a list of all those participating:

Hope you'll be able to join us in making this card drive a huge success! You can find more details on the card drive over at Giovana's blog as well!

Have fun hopping!

Views: 1349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sandra....looks like she moved her blog and started a new one.  You aren't doing anything wrong!
Hi Lee,thanks for getting back to me about "Sue Morris". I was under the assumption that if we were going to participate in the blog hop that we should leave a message at each blog we visit to let you know we did indeed visit their blogs. I can't find "Sue Morris" anywhere so I can't leave a comment unless someone tells me where to go. Or maybe she has changed her mind about participating in the hop and doesn't want to be found. I'm kind of in the dark here. What should I do? Did anyone else find her new blog? Sandra

Lee, GKD DT/Moderator said:
Sandra....looks like she moved her blog and started a new one.  You aren't doing anything wrong!
I can't find Sue Morris blog either. Looks like she has a new one but I can't find it. Sandra

Karen Shirey said:
Wonderful hop ladies!!!  It took a couple of tries to reach Joy Hadden's blog, but it finally worked.  Not so much luck with Sue Morris's blog.  I will keep trying.

Here is Sue's new blog:

http://www.suessentiments.org/

Sue is really sorry about this, she has to change sites and lost her posts ans such. But you can see her cards now.

Hope this helps.

Giovana

Here's Sue's direct link to her post:

http://www.suessentiments.org/2011/10/card-drive-for-kids-wth-spina...

She had to change providers because her previous blog provider lost all her posts and she had to start over. She feels horrible about having the broken link, but it was beyond her control. Thank you all for understanding and patience. Lee will be changing the link above as soon as she gets a chance.

Ok...her link is now updated!!

Also just an FYI......we don't require comments to be left on blogs....it's just a fun thing to do!  =)

I am just finishing up my cards and they will be going out on Monday.Sandy

Hi everyone,

Our family is pleading for everyone we know to please pray for our new little grandson Toby who was born on October 12th with Myelomeningocele Spina Bifida and Chiari II Malformation. Toby is not doing well. Originally Dr's thought that Toby had the Asymptomatic form of Chiari II but are growing more and more convinced that it's the Symptomatic form. For those of you that do not know what these means, it means that Toby may not survive apart from a breathing machine. He is unable to breath on his own and does not appear to have the ability to swallow. These are indicators for the severe form of the Chiari II. Dr's are trying desperately to find other causes for his breathing problem but so far have been unsuccessful at resolving the issue. On Tuesday Toby underwent brain surgery to install a shunt for Hydrocephalus. Dr's were hopeful this would correct his breathing but in fact Toby has just gotten worse. If there is anyway that word could be spread to pray for Toby it would be greatly appreciated because apart from another surgery for decompression which is normally only done on adults, Dr's have run out of options so at this point we are praying for a miracle to save little Toby's life. You all have our family's permission to post a prayer request for Toby on Facebook and ask if you belong to a church that you please put this request on your church prayer chain.

Please Laurie never underestimate the power of prayer.  You and Toby and your entire family are in ours. 

Miracles happen everyday! 

God Bless You All! 

(((hugs)))

Will there be a special forum to look for the prize drawings? Thanks....excellent reason for all of us to create.
Eleanor I think Giovana would be announcing that on her blog.

The winners have been announced! Thanks so much to all of you who participated.

http://giovana-believe.blogspot.com/2011/11/cards-drive-for-kids-wi...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service