stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Help! I love Pure Luxury cardstock. BUT - what are the difference wieghts and what are they called and what is used for what. I want to order some, but confused about the different sub-names. Told you I needed help.

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Diana!!!

Basically the Heavy Base and Base Weight cardstocks are between 100-120 pound weight.  That comes in the white, ivory and all the colors.  The Layering Weight is about 80 pound and comes in the white and ivory.  Ask away if you have any questions!! 

so the heavier ones are what you would make the card from? then use the lighter ones for stamping on and layering ontop of the actual card?

Lee Murphy said:

Hi Diana!!!

Basically the Heavy Base and Base Weight cardstocks are between 100-120 pound weight.  That comes in the white, ivory and all the colors.  The Layering Weight is about 80 pound and comes in the white and ivory.  Ask away if you have any questions!! 

The Heavy white and ivory are perfect for bases! The layering white and ivory are designed for stamping images and colring and then layering on top of cardstock. The colors can really be used for both! Hope that helped a bit more!
Love the heavyweight for card bases!!  I usually buy two packs of each just so I don't run out...

When ever I use the heavy card stock for cards, when I go  to fold it with my boning tool, it cracks and shows the white on the ends... Any suggestions? am I using too heavy of a card stock?

Thanks!

Jody.

Hi Jody!  Do you have a scoring tool like a Scor-Pal or Scor-Buddy?  I will score mine and run the line a few times, it seems to work better this way with the thick cardstock.  I haven't had any cracking.

HTH!!

I score my cards in half too, only I don't get out my Scor Pal to do this (blushing) - I have one of those Fiskars track paper trimmers?  I can easily line up the cardstock in the predrawn 4 1.4 x 5 1/2 lines and score down the track with my stylus.  that little stylus gets used A LOT!  It is great for adding accent lines directly on cards as well.  When I start making nugget boxes, pizza boxes, Ghiradelli chocolate boxes, etc. or something in bulk, then I get out my scorpal.  I need to expend my collection of Gina's cardstock too.  Her names are so yummy aren't they?

i can't wait to use my gkstamps. just got them today. i thought i ordered cardstock  ---NOPE!! i was hope to "PLAY" this weekend.

thanks everyone, think I know what I'm doing now. Well, at least which card stock to use for what.

Thanks for all your input... I didn't know if I was using to heavy of a card stock or not. I have a scor pal, but maybe I was pushing down too hard... But the white always cracks through. Should I be using heavy or medium card stock for cards.

Thanks,

Jody.

I was wondering if Gina has plans for any new colors.
ohhhhhh new colors!! hope so... (-:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service