stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I'm new to stamping and eager to get going, but i'm a little confused as to the measurements for the base of the card and what is the easiest way to go about measureing and cuttsing....

:)

Happy Stamping

Views: 1163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most of the cards I create are called A2 cards with the folded measurements being 4.25 X 5.5".  That is a standard 8.5 X 11" piece of cardstock cut in half and folded.

The other size I make most often is a square card measuring 5.25 X 5.25.  That is a standard 8.5 X 11" piece of cardstock cut 5.25 X 10.5" and folded.

Hope that helps.

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Lynn in St. Louis said:

Most of the cards I create are called A2 cards with the folded measurements being 4.25 X 5.5".  That is a standard 8.5 X 11" piece of cardstock cut in half and folded.

The other size I make most often is a square card measuring 5.25 X 5.25.  That is a standard 8.5 X 11" piece of cardstock cut 5.25 X 10.5" and folded.

Hope that helps.

Remember, square cards will take more postage if mailed in the US.  Standard size card sizes most sent are A2, A6 and A7.  I mostly send A2 and A7.  A2 - folded 4.25x5.5  A7 - folded 5x7.  These measurements are in inches.  European measurements and sizes would be different.

pj

They only cost more if you mail them in a square envelope. I always put my square cards in a rectangular envelope and just adhere the part of the envelope that is empty with some double sided tape.

Melissa

Patti Ward said:

Remember, square cards will take more postage if mailed in the US.  Standard size card sizes most sent are A2, A6 and A7.  I mostly send A2 and A7.  A2 - folded 4.25x5.5  A7 - folded 5x7.  These measurements are in inches.  European measurements and sizes would be different.

pj

I think the most common size is what Lynn explained. It is the most economical since you can get two card bases from one piece of card stock and not waste any.

I tend to make a lot of larger cards lately. 

5x7 - start with a piece of card stock that is 10 x 7

5x6 - start with a piece of card stock that is 10 x 6

5 1/4 6 1/2 - start with a piece of card stock that is 10 1/2 x 6 1/2

I also make square cards:

4 1/4 x 4 1/4 - start with a piece of card stock 8 1/2 x 4 1/4

5 x 5 - start with a piece of card stock 10 x 5

Some times I will draw the outline on a piece of scrap and jot down the finished size I'll need based on the elements I am putting on the card and then double the measurement to account for the fold.

Bethany, thank you for asking one of the many questions I have.  And, thank you  Lynn, and Patti for your answers.  They really help me to understand this topic a lot easier.

Here is a question for you ladies, do any of you make up your own "envelopes" for these different sized cards?

What are the measurements needed for each size of card?  Thanks....

Hi again!  I make most of my envelopes as again the cost of buying, plus I like to match the cardstock to my cards.  I lost everything when my computer crashed but I found envelope templates, size charts and even how to make your own templates from your card measurements.  I think if you google it, or go to ehow, you may stumble across the sites I found.  If you do, let me know so I can bookmark them again!  I'll do the same and post the info.  I tear apart envelopes from cards I receive and make templates from them also.  EWWWW when I think of all the card making things I lost when my computer crashed it makes me soooo sad :-(  Have a great day, David ;-)  I just remembered, there is a great envelope info sheet at Splitcoasters.

B

I Do and my cards are 4 1/2 by 6

David Rodriguez said:

Here is a question for you ladies, do any of you make up your own "envelopes" for these different sized cards?

Good Morning!

www.melstampz.blogspot.com

Try this website: www.melstampz.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-envelope-templates-standard-....

Hope this helps! You can also find an Envelope template (which is the hard plastic one) on Amazon.com. There are two and they are called: 1) Deja Views card & Envelope templates $2.48.

2) Hot off the press 12x12 envelopes        $ 3.48

Take Care, Jody.

Yes I Do! With a 1/8' side width to acomidate all the embelisments!

Tamara Pendleton said:
I Do and my cards are 4 1/2 by 6

David Rodriguez said:

I always think waist not want not! 12+12, means sis by what width you want, but I make my own enveloes! but there is not that much exsess wi a 6+41/2

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service