stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

People have asked me many times how much I sell my cards for and I can never comfortably answer them.  Maybe because I've only sold two ever!  Lol!  I do want to sell my cards but I have such a hard time coming up with a pricing scenario and I make so many different kinds of cards that I can't sell them all for the same price.  Some cards take 15 minutes to make while others take an hour or more.  How many of you sell your cards successfully and how do you come up with your pricing.  I'd like to come up with a pricing schedule that I can just stick with so that when someone sees one of my cards and says "hey, how much is that?", I can comfortably tell them. 

Views: 414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Heather,

Here in San Jose, California, USA area I try to sell my cards at 2 local bakeries. I don't get more from each card as one bakery gives me 3$/card and other 2.25/card which doesn't even cover my cost but I put it that way that it gives me something to look forward to. Due to that I like to make more cards, buy new materials and try new techniques. Like most of us making cards is just my hobby not my profession and I make more than what I can use. I also keep giving few cards to my parents and in-laws so they can send it to their friends.I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pankti

This is a great topic, as come this fall (when my work slows down) I also want to start selling my cards.  I am hoping that living in a touristy place will only help, as I do know a few shop owners down town.  I realize I am not going to be able to make a living from this, BUT if it keeps me in supplies, I am okay with that!  Good luck, Heather, seems to be some pretty valuable information here......thanks for sharing it!  :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service