stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I TRIED MANY MYSELF LOL PENCILS , COLORING THEM IN ( STAMPS) BUT THESE ARE EXPENSIVE JUST THE NAME COPIC SOUNDS COSTLY.HAPPY CRAFTING

Tags: BEST, CLOSE, COPIC, CRAFT, GINA, INSTRUCTOR, IS, K, MARKERS, ONLINE, More…THE, TO

Views: 6670

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our local stamp store will re-ink the markers for $1

Verna Angerhofer said:

I have a set of Copics but they were going dry now. So I bought a 72 set of Spectrum Noir which I really like too. And, of course, Gina has suggested a cheaper alternative is the Bic Mark-It markers which I also own. They work quite well too. So there are lots of other alternatives to the Copics and cheaper in cost.

I love stamping but was not someone who would sit down to color until I started seeing all the beautiful results from Copics. Still those are way too expensive for me (even if they are refillable!) and thought I was just priced out of the market until Gina suggested the Bic Mark its. I bought them and loved the ease of use not to mention how incredibly inexpensive they are! But I was not pleased with the lack of range in the colors so I gave them to my dd to use in her classroom (she's a teacher)

Just recently I heard about Letraset Promarkers so I visited their website, loved their prices and range of colors and now I'm on my way to owning alcohol markers once again! I'm still such a novice at coloring I don't have anything postworthy but I also found tons of tutorial videos on youtube for the promarkers. The main difference in these and Copics is the nibs with Promarkers having a bullet point nib. Copics have a brush nib that's quite a bit softer, but I found it slightly harder to work with (probably because I push harder when coloring) I haven't found a paper I like yet. Some have said they get great results with Gina K's paper, others like Georgia Pacific (from Walmart). I know I don't like the Georgia Pacific paper but I don't own any of Gina's papers yet (that's terrible!) But hope to remedy that soon:)

The 120# from Gina K is nice, you can also try out some from papertemptress.com, she offers the cryogen papers, but I find I like the X-press It Blend it paper, hth

Kathy L Humphrey said:

I love stamping but was not someone who would sit down to color until I started seeing all the beautiful results from Copics. Still those are way too expensive for me (even if they are refillable!) and thought I was just priced out of the market until Gina suggested the Bic Mark its. I bought them and loved the ease of use not to mention how incredibly inexpensive they are! But I was not pleased with the lack of range in the colors so I gave them to my dd to use in her classroom (she's a teacher)

Just recently I heard about Letraset Promarkers so I visited their website, loved their prices and range of colors and now I'm on my way to owning alcohol markers once again! I'm still such a novice at coloring I don't have anything postworthy but I also found tons of tutorial videos on youtube for the promarkers. The main difference in these and Copics is the nibs with Promarkers having a bullet point nib. Copics have a brush nib that's quite a bit softer, but I found it slightly harder to work with (probably because I push harder when coloring) I haven't found a paper I like yet. Some have said they get great results with Gina K's paper, others like Georgia Pacific (from Walmart). I know I don't like the Georgia Pacific paper but I don't own any of Gina's papers yet (that's terrible!) But hope to remedy that soon:)

Wow,  I have all the twin touch purchased maybe a year ago may, and some are already dry,  and have not been used since April this year till now. 

Got them due to the fine nib because of my hands, so did order the new set of copics with the same ends, 

Found they coloured great together in my short year plus of using them, but if they dry out that fast will spend more in the long run with purchasing more refills.    The copics are still like when purchased, (the same time)

If copic doesn;t  come out with those ends on one line after going through the process of redesigning and making the new barrels, it will suprise me, so hanging in there to see,

Bought the set of spectrum noir when in a shopping phase after losing Jeff because of the fine nib, but not liking them, so they won't be around too long,  Used a couple of times, and put them away

Also, only use Gina K stock to colour and no problems. 

Am by no means qualified in this except my own playing around, have no ties to copic, but will end up with them due to the above, 

so that is this person's unqualified 2 cents worth,

yes, I have used the prismacolor markers, love them and they are cheaper than copic. But this maybe because I love to use Prisama pencils. anything you decide takes practice. and of course budget concerns. buy  several of the ones you are interested in, give it a go and see what you like to use and then build. all of us are different in likes and skills. Be daring and see what happens.

Doris W. said:

I just saw today prismacolor markers.  Has anybody tried these? They are not cheap kinda like their colored pencils. But if you have a coupon you could get them.

Out of curiosity what are the bic markers called ? There's so many markers out there ! Just spoilt for choice lol and plenty of stamps to colour in ! Do the markers have to be water based ?

I have the Spectrum Noir markers and they are great, and lots of tutorials out there if you look!! Also go to there site!

ok have to  take back the above note.  

Was speaking with a Crafter's Companion distributor and told her about my markers after she said how good they were.   They have been excellent at replacing them, tried them again, and love them.  When putting three cards done over the last year with the copics, twin touch and these side by side, cannot tell the difference.    Also, now use their alcohol marker paper for the colouring.  The other brands seen promoted are so expensive, that was suprised at the price of it and tried it.   That leaves GKD for the cards instead.  

Actually, the markers have been working so well, that am now waiting for the blinkie for my blog that am accredited in the first step to instructor.   Seems the batch was an original one with problems, which is normal for me when purchasing something.   Especially electronics.   - 

So that is my new 2 cents worth,   Thank heavens another company is treating their customers like Gina does.  Makes life so much nicer.

I am new to coloring and thought I would get my feet wet with Spectrum Noir before jumping on the Copic band wagon....I wanted to see if it was something I enjoyed doing first!  Like them so far!

Smart,  as adding a few more here and there for colours missing is now an option.  Do intermix at times, but know others think it is an absolute no no

Bic markers are called just that. Bic Markers can be purchased at big box stores, office supply stores and in our Amazon store. They rock! And they are very inexpensive. 

ok went and checked them out ad have only old drying ones to use on stamps, so these may be the answer.  Thanks

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service