stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Anyone Familiar With "Perfect Layers by Color Workshop?"

Hello, everyone!

This is a 'kit' used to help create beveled mats like the kind that go around photographs when framing. The problem for me is that I purchased it so many years ago, and am just now getting into paper crafts that I cannot find the instructions. It is a green mat with ruler markings, two clear beveled rulers with measurements on both 'ends' of the rulers. It came with a hand held utility type knife. That's it. I think I bought it either from QVC or HSN before 2003-ish? It's all brand new!

I've googled, YouTubed and asked other crafters, but no answers yet.

Any help, or basic instructional video would be oh, so appreciated for this craft-challenged gal.

With hugs,

Rosy

Views: 267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had perfect layers and so did my daughter.  It should have markings that say 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 inch.  catch the bottom lip onto the paper and use an Exacto blade on the mat.  My daughter swore by it but  we learned somethng.  If you want the rulers to last, never store on end. Always store them laying flat or they warp out of shape.

Hi There

This site has PDF of instructions you can download for free(there are 2 pages)

http://www.perfectpapercrafting.com/categories/FREE-DOWNLOADS/

And there is a bunch of " how it works" easy to understand Videos too!

http://www.perfectpapercrafting.com/pages/Perfect-Layers-.html

Thanks for the experience about warping! I've always laid mine flat because it just worked out that way to keep them with together - whew! But you can order new replacements from the site in the next comment - which is expensive, esp if you only want one spacer. I think back in the old days when I ordered this from either QVC or HSN, it may have only come with two spacers. The 3/4-1 inch spacer can be purchased by itself. I could be wrong, too! Thanks so much!

ip onto the paper and use an Exacto blade on the mat.  My daughter swore by it but  we learned somethng.  If you want the rulers to last, never store on end. Always store them laying flat or they warp out of shape.
I have no idea how you searched for this and found it!!! I used google and YouTube, but you actually found the links! (applause smiley). I watched all the videos and it reminded me how to use them, why I bought them, and gave me more ideas. Thanks everyone who read and tried to help me. I love the StampTV forums!!! Mahalo and aloha - Rosy

Julia Benben said:

Hi There

This site has PDF of instructions you can download for free(there are 2 pages)

http://www.perfectpapercrafting.com/categories/FREE-DOWNLOADS/

And there is a bunch of " how it works" easy to understand Videos too!

http://www.perfectpapercrafting.com/pages/Perfect-Layers-.html

Hi Rosy,

I have the same set.  I believe this was sold by Stampin Up but may have been available else where as well.   I don't remember where I aquired mine.  I have an instruction sheet that was published by Stampin Up and the date is February 2006.  I have both those instructions and the one that came with the kit and it has an address of the company in the US that carried the product.  If you would like to provide your email address to me I would be glad to scan & email this info to you.  My kit came with 2 rulers, the knife and cutting mat.  Stampin Up sold each product separately.

Jan

Spellbinders should make them..for different sizes of cards, A2, 5x5  ect. :) I know I would buy them.

Hi, everybody :)

thanks for all your responses and support :D Sure Jan - if it is not too much trouble, you can email me a copy to my email address: rosyrnrn@yahoo.com (r o s y r n r n) looks like rosy m m, huh? thank you so much - I did watch the linked videos above - they were great and refreshed my poor old, sieve-like brain :( I am already using them today.

@ Rebekka - I think I saw Gina using a type of Nestabilities with her really cool card video on um,.... vogue vase I think - I watched it yesterday and ordered the Sakura sparkly pen she used on it (wow, one can sure spend a ton of $$$ getting into paper and card making projects, yeah? yikes) Anyway, she used one to 'cut out' the image super fast, faster than what I could do with the product we are discussing here. Gina is like quick draw McGraw when it comes to card making. She can kick out a card in minutes, and it takes me days, just to look like a preschooler made it.

Best wishes everyone!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service